PDA

View Full Version : How to Create your own Boot and Shutdown Logos

Devilfish
19th March, 2008, 03:32 PM
Thanks to Fergy for the guide. :)

------------------

Dimensions of boot, radio, mp3 and scan picture must to be 720x576 pixels in PAL format.
Path where boot image are stored is /root/platform/kernel and named is bild
Path where other pictures are stored is /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/
Program what is usually used to make boot/background pictures is TMPGEnc ( in attachement is *.mcf template file what You can put into TMPGEnc's \Template folder )

So little brief for using TMPGEnc without the template:

#1 Download TMPGEnc from official site
#2 Unzip the file to your chosen destination.
#3 Double click the 'TPMGEnc.exe MPEG Encoder' file and click 'OK' on the small pop up window and then click 'Cancel' on the 'Project Wizard (1/5)' window that appears.
#4 Next screen, bottom right...'Stream type', check the box 'ES (Video only)'.
#5 Next, bottom left...'Video source:' click on 'Browse' and select the background/photo that you want as your new boot logo for the Dreambox.
#6 Next, bottom left... 'Output file name:' click on browse and choose the path for your finished 'new' boot background/photo and edit the name to 'bild' (minus the '....' and in lower case) ie: the line that apperars in the 'Output file name:' should read similar to C:\Documents and Settings\Whatever\My Documents\bild ( the actual name of the photo does NOT appear).
#7 Next, bottom right...click on 'Setting' and check that the value settings are:

.....'Stream type:' = MPEG-1 Video
.....'Size' = 720 x576 pixels
.....'Aspect ratio:' = 1:1 (VGA)
.....'Frame rate:' = 25 fps
.....'Rate control mode:' = Constant bitrate (CBR)
.....'Bitrate:' = 12000
.....'Motion search precision:' = Normal

When checked, click 'OK' to exit the screen.

#8 Top left click 'Start', if all is goes well, the '100%' bar appears and your completed 'bild' file is to be found in your chosen 'Output...' location.

Transferring the new 'boot' photo to the Dreambox.

ENSURE that the image that you want to change the boot/radio background pictures for, is the image RUNNING in the Dreambox when editing.

With the image, that you want to change the boot photo for, running in the Dreambox, open your chosen FTP prog and transfer your new 'bild' file to the path: 'root/platform/kernel', you can overwrite or delete the pevious 'bild' file that exists.

Exit your FTP prog and reboot the Dreambox.

You should, if all ok, see your new photo on the next boot.

*** If You want to change boot picture before compressing image (after command make rebuild-flash ) , just copy it into /tuxbox-cvs/root/cdkflash/boot/root/platform/kernel before executing command make flash-compress.

Salami
21st April, 2008, 01:57 PM
Hi Kaos

I take it the same of the above description applies on Dbox.TA

Jaffa
21st April, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hi Kaos

I take it the same of the above description applies on Dbox.TA

Dbox is easy compared to that, just use Logo viewer in the downloads section.

Salami
21st April, 2008, 02:24 PM

I just downloaded it and looking to see how to use it.

cheers M8:congrats:

Nobi
8th May, 2008, 02:01 AM
We can use easylogo plug-in to do it as well

uskuz
9th May, 2008, 07:48 AM
I can?t find the bild named file in the dreambox 500c, is there any other way it could be named? also the kernel folder i have is empty.

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 02:26 PM
What image do you have? There is no set rule with these things, depends on how the image creator has configured it at source.

uskuz
9th May, 2008, 08:01 PM
It is a image made by KGD team, is a spanish group making a fast dreambox image for dreambox 500, it is version 1 and has small failures that are going to be fixed in v2 and i am happy using it, but i would prefer to learn it internally but no info about lot of things, it uses tuxbox with enigma.

I have just found that it is in

/share/tuxbox/enigma/pictures/kgd.mvi

not know how i can change it, can?t delete, can?t rename and can?t upload any file to that folder by ftp.

any hint if it can be done by telnet etc?

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 08:26 PM
/share is a read only part of the image.

You can still change it though. :)

The files in /share/tuxbox/enigma can be mirrored in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma. The image will use any files in /var before it uses the files in /share.

So if you create your own boot image, rename it to kgd.mvi and put it in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures it should use that image.

I think you need to use Tuxbox LogoViewer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=180) to create a .mvi image.

uskuz
9th May, 2008, 09:32 PM
It didn?t work uploading file to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/kgd.mvi

I found that in /etc/init.d/rdS and /proc/1/cwd/etc/init.d

there is a call to

/bin/showlogo /share/tuxbox/enigma/pictures/kgd.mvi

I can?t change files, is there any other way i can try to change it to the file

/var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/kgd.mvi i have uploaded?

note: I am going to try your tutorial about creating a dm500 image, could be more interesting make one that learn to change other people made.

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 09:47 PM
Have a look in the rcS file, is there a line that says..

/var/etc/init

If there is, does this line...

...come before or after it?

uskuz
9th May, 2008, 09:54 PM
In line 34 is

And in line 153.

if [ -e /var/etc/init ] ; then
. /var/etc/init
fi

and in /var/etc/init file only this line

if [ -e /var/etc/.tuxmaild ]; then /var/bin/tuxmaild; fi

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 09:56 PM
You won't be able to do overwrite it then.

There is a way, I'll post up a guide soon. You would need a linux PC though, can't do it in windoze unless you use vmware.

uskuz
9th May, 2008, 09:59 PM
I change the file init to

if [ -e /var/etc/.tuxmaild ]; then /var/bin/tuxmaild; fi
/bin/showlogo /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures/kgd.mvi

then the previous image is shown for 1 second after that is shown the image i have uploaded.

Not perfect thing but is better than nothing, i go to take a try to install linux on computer to try your tutorial about creating a image.

Thanks for your help devilfish.

Devilfish
9th May, 2008, 10:35 PM
Nice thinking. At least it's better than what you had. :)

1rv0
28th May, 2008, 05:14 PM
This tut is great, this is something I have been trying to do for ages!!! I remember not that long ago using a dw 1.6 and the bootloader done my head in not the picture but the voice clip it used to play:champions:

husseinoo
23rd November, 2008, 10:37 AM
/share is a read only part of the image.

You can still change it though. :)

The files in /share/tuxbox/enigma can be mirrored in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma. The image will use any files in /var before it uses the files in /share.

So if you create your own boot image, rename it to kgd.mvi and put it in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/pictures it should use that image.

I think you need to use Tuxbox LogoViewer (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=180) to create a .mvi image.

i have nemses image how i can change logo boot
thank you again

Louiz
26th January, 2009, 06:17 AM
anyone know how to find /root/platform/kernel in DK image?

Devilfish
26th January, 2009, 08:40 AM
The boot logo is in /bin on the DK images (/bin/bild).

baderh
28th January, 2009, 01:59 PM
i think you have to mount the the partition to get the bild file.

mount -t cramfs /dev/mtdblock/6 /root -o loop

you will find it then in the folder /root/platform/kernel/bild

change it there :)

then:
unmount /root

baderh
28th January, 2009, 08:01 PM
it worked fine with me,,,

here how to do it...

1) download the TMPGEnc and the template attached,... thanks to the auther :) ....
2) load the template in TMPGEnc
3) choose your picture
4) in the output.... rename it to newbild without extension.
5) click on start
6) ftp the box,.. put the newbild file in the tmp folder..
7) download a plugin called Easy-Logo from gemini server
8) run the plugin and choose the second option,, change my logo.
9) restart your box :)...

it worked like charm with me..

eslamabdel
28th February, 2009, 05:22 PM
baderh.....
Thanks a lot for this help about the mount..... now i can find the bild file but I can't write over it the new one nor removing it, please help :-(

scruff1963
24th March, 2009, 04:24 PM

You can use it for the dreambox as well.
Load into Logo Viewer as usual but instead of uploading it save it, it will save as build.m1v just rename it to build or whatever you need it to be.
Must admit never seen the TMPGEnc method before, I have seen this thread here and on other forums but always assumed it was using logoviewer.

mark015
31st March, 2009, 08:04 PM
well i gave this a try,hours ive been at it lol, after ive made my bild pic and then ftp to the bin file to replace the older bild file i get failed to transfer can any one give me a few pointers as to wat iam doing wrong here really wud like to change my boot pic,,ive just transfered the new picicons and that went in with no problems... as far as i can see ive followed devils tut to the full...any help guys wud be appreciated ,cheers

Devilfish
31st March, 2009, 09:25 PM
/bin is a read-only folder, you can't write files to it on the dreambox.

You need a linux PC to be able to edit it.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f70/editing-read-only-parts-image-1248/

mark015
31st March, 2009, 09:32 PM
/bin is a read-only folder, you can't write files to it on the dreambox.

You need a linux PC to be able to edit it.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f70/editing-read-only-parts-image-1248/

awwww...so is there no other method to change the dk logo then ? nothing at all ,thats a wee shame that i was gonna use my avator pic as my new boot screen .lol...ohh well...wasted hours didnt even have any joints while i tried this also..now for a ryt good bucket//:)

satfoot
22nd May, 2009, 08:37 AM
On a DM7000 Multiboot Image, I can change Bootlogo etc but when it comes to the three files mp3.mvi, radio.mvi and scan.mvi, when for example I change just the mp3.mvi file, not only the File Mode picture changes but also the Radio Mode picture. I thought one could have different pictures for File Mode and Radio Mode. Is thisw possible? Thks.

digital-kaos
23rd May, 2009, 09:15 PM
You won't be able to do overwrite it then.

There is a way, I'll post up a guide soon. You would need a linux PC though, can't do it in windoze unless you use vmware.

Hi Devilfish..

I know this is an old thread but im just racking my brains on how to change the boot logo on DK image or pli image OS for DM500... I can do it with the Gemini image 4.60 using EasyLogo, but not on many other images. Just wondered if you could send me that guided you were woking on..

Thanks...

juzforfun
1st July, 2010, 01:28 AM
Hi Devilfish,
i'm trying to download your template, but the link is not working.
Can you help.

Thanks

a911
16th July, 2010, 03:04 PM
Hi Devilfish,
i'm trying to download your template, but the link is not working.
Can you help.

Thanks

This is the easy way to make, change Bootlogos , and send it to your box
HaveFun

ZazuTJ
29th October, 2010, 01:49 PM
At the Dream 500s fit?

loubiaharra
31st October, 2010, 11:54 AM
HaveFun
i think it work only in dm800 !!!

gordons
6th November, 2010, 02:40 PM
THE BITRATE SHOULD BE SET AT AROUND 6000 TO GET A DECENT IMAGE ON TV AT 720X576

burrell82
14th October, 2011, 09:06 AM
hello all,

i have a dm500c.

recently, video has been fuzzy. decided to to factory reset. now i'm left with blank.

would appreciate any advice on how to move on from here to setup my dreambox to view all starhub channels.

thanks in advance.

taxbak
1st November, 2011, 08:32 AM
i am using Nabilo Darkstar II and i can't use it , nothing happen , any solution to change my boot picture ? thanks

aRcherivo
20th March, 2012, 12:46 PM
HaveFun

i had an application long time ago that used to convert the image and send it to the DM itself, but have not used that app from long time and i have losted from my laptop, is that the same app or similar.

Thanks in advance

H0u5t011
31st October, 2012, 10:02 PM
thx.........................

MichaelThugs
23rd June, 2018, 08:23 PM
Hi guys, I have the same problem, yesterday I flashed a new image on my DM500HD and it wont boot up, only the green light is lit. Can anyone please help me?