PDA

View Full Version : Playing Media files.

trickydicky
1st August, 2008, 02:20 PM
Hi all,

So, I can succesfully mount a network share, and record and play recordings from my openmedia box to a hard disk drive on my PC...

But, I cannot select any other type of media file (MPG for example) from the hard drive and successfully play that, either using movie player, or recording player. it either goes blank, or it returns to the menu.

Which media types are supported to play, and how can I play them?

many thanks
Tricky

satman
1st August, 2008, 03:00 PM
Hi all,

So, I can succesfully mount a network share, and record and play recordings from my openmedia box to a hard disk drive on my PC...

But, I cannot select any other type of media file (MPG for example) from the hard drive and successfully play that, either using movie player, or recording player. it either goes blank, or it returns to the menu.

many thanks
Tricky

you will need to use VLC plugin an both pc and plugin, to be able to play .avi etc.. and it gets streamed from the pc>computer,, not actually playing on the box.

trickydicky
1st August, 2008, 03:35 PM
Thanks, so I've been trying unsuccessfully to get VLC Working.. I've installed VLC on my PC etc..

On my Openmedia box (Neutrino image), I have a menu to configure all the VLC details. But if I go to Plugins, there is no VLC plugin...

So, my question is whether I need an additional plugin, or whether the VLC capability is already included. If I need the VLC plugin where can I get it from?

Many Thanks
Tricky

satman
1st August, 2008, 03:42 PM
Thanks, so I've been trying unsuccessfully to get VLC Working.. I've installed VLC on my PC etc..

On my Openmedia box (Neutrino image), I have a menu to configure all the VLC details. But if I go to Plugins, there is no VLC plugin...

So, my question is whether I need an additional plugin, or whether the VLC capability is already included. If I need the VLC plugin where can I get it from?

Many Thanks
Tricky

sorry only tested on enigma, but here,( fill paths probably fona be differnet in vlc , but you will get the .so and .cfg )

Methanoid
5th November, 2008, 07:49 PM
Hi all,

many thanks
Tricky

Is the recording on this better than DB500 as the DB500 chips are not great for recording but this was "fixed" on the DB600.

Did you record with SMBFS, CIFS or NFS?