PDA

View Full Version : Tuned with MPPS but nearly no more power!

Cotulla
3rd April, 2017, 07:00 AM
I remapped the orginal file of my Audi A4, 2001 AWX 131HP with EDC15P+ according to a tuning guide.

I changed everything except for the pump voltage, since I can't find it in VAGSuite. Is this necessary or is this just for VEP Diesels? The guide is for PD Diesels but I can't seem to find any info on where the pump voltage n146 is stored on PD ECUs.

I have watched the boost pressure with Carport, and it goes to my targets but I barely feel more power.

Can I somehow watch the actual injection quantity to make sure it doesn't run too lean?

My MPPS works since I tested it after writing, by reading the file back and getting my tuned file, so no problems there.

What have I done wrong? Do I need even more fuel and boost?

Here is my original, tuned file and the guide I used:

pulsar2000
3rd April, 2017, 09:56 AM
Not allot touched, or should i say lots of maps not modified, theres the issue,

Cotulla
3rd April, 2017, 11:46 AM
I modified the Boost maps and Limiters, but I'm having trouble with the Injection Duration map, SOI map and fuel volume correction map, can you help me with these I#mnot sure how to change the values? Is it true that for every 5mg more fuel I need 2? more duration?

pulsar2000
3rd April, 2017, 12:19 PM
yes i see turbo and limiters, no fuel change on your maps

Cotulla
3rd April, 2017, 12:46 PM
So how do I have to modifie the fuel maps? This is my first tune

morgano
3rd April, 2017, 08:39 PM

Maybe you first need to understand how the engine works and how the electronic management works before tryinng to mod anything.

Power comes from fuel burning not from turbo spool.

More fuel = more power
More turbo not = more power
More turbo means more air that means you can pour more fuel into cylinder and get more power.

Try to understand the basics before you touch anything.

pulsar2000
3rd April, 2017, 10:25 PM

Dont attempt tuning , your pdf tells you exactly all the info you need,
get a good mod file and learn from that. and you will see fuel is critical and at correct amount and when to allow fuel as Morgano says

Cotulla
4th April, 2017, 05:55 AM
I know that I need more fuel since I have more air but I changed the limiters and injection durations and still not more power, I believe I need even more duration. I can't seem to find any good remaps, tried 2 and both resulted in a jerky engine, more power just not really happy abou it.

Apsik
4th April, 2017, 08:23 AM
I do not suggest to do changes "here and there"
A good tune should maintain AFR at 17:1
so you have 1.9TDI: 1900/4 = 475 that is volume of one cylinder
now let's say you want to give your TDI 1,6bar of boost (2,6bar absolute pressure)
475 x 2,6 = 1235
now you have to multiply that value by engine efficiency which for 1.9TDI is about 0,9
so you get 1111,5 - this value is your base to calculate the amount of fuel you want to inject.
desired AFR was 17:1 so 1111,5/17=65,38mg/s

From this calculation you see that if you don't want to see smoke at 1,6bar of boost your max IQ should not be over 65,38mg/s

Now it's time to find the proper maps and start with little changes first.

As for beginner you should not play with SOI maps - leave it for later.
Duration maps you can extend by interpolation but once again - it's to early for that!
Start with small changes (like +0,1bar), calculate your max IQ, edit maps, flash and test.

Cotulla
4th April, 2017, 09:29 AM
I used that calculation anyway but I get no more power! I think I need to change duration to feel a difference? I currently have 1265mg/stroke Airflow and a max injection value of 67,8, wich means an AFR of 18,7 and I'm comfortable with that since the original map uses a similar AFR!

Apsik
4th April, 2017, 09:38 AM
drive with VCDS and log limiters (008) - you will see which one is limiting your IQ

I thinkis max IQ is 60mg/str

Cotulla
4th April, 2017, 09:45 AM
I already did that, I may try it again but last time it reported 68mg/stroke wich can't be true because I didn't really feel any difference. With 1,65 bars of boost instead of 1,3 and 68mg of fuel instead of 56mg i should feel a real difference but there is no, maybe a very slight difference. Can you look at my tuned file maybe I forgot something really obvios? Should I change the MAF linearization?

Apsik
4th April, 2017, 09:54 AM
I already did that, I may try it again but last time it reported 68mg/stroke
check which one was the lowest IQ !! those are the limiters - lowest value counts

Can you look at my tuned file maybe I forgot something really obvios?
see my above post - your IQ is limited to 60mg/str - find the map and change it.

Should I change the MAF linearization?
do not touch that

Cotulla
4th April, 2017, 09:57 AM
I believe that the ecu thinks it can inject 68mg of fuel but maybe because of the duration it can't happen. I've looked at other tuned files and the duration maps made no sense to me. Some left it stock and claim to feel a substaintial difference and some change it at very low rpms and add just a little spike there. I only tried one of them, it gave me really more power from 1800 to 2500 rpms but it resulted in stuttering sometimes. This scared me enough to not trust any random remap on the web.

Cotulla
4th April, 2017, 09:59 AM
Should i save the file of the Testdrive and post it here?

On which map is it limited to 60mg?

Cotulla
4th April, 2017, 10:01 AM
Do you mean Fuel volume correction map? I have looked at some totorials and nobody touched that?

Apsik
4th April, 2017, 11:04 AM
yes, show the log from test drive