PDA

View Full Version : general discussion - Odometer programming fails to accumulate

gpemporium
4th April, 2017, 05:45 PM
This thread is for anyone who has something to contribute to a scenario in which after correcting the mileage of a vehicle, the odometer fails to accumulate - hence stays put at the value programmed.

I've had several instances, specifically Toyota vehicles, in which the mileage was corrected and programmed but I would come to find out after further testing that it was not adding as it was being driven.

I corrected these problems by simply using a string of hex that was known to work, and sacrificing the accuracy of the value needed for the customer.

I suppose this is an open ended discussion, and I am not anticipating any direct answer.. mostly just experiences for others to read and understand to perhaps make life a little bit easier.

simaservis1108
4th April, 2017, 08:45 PM
Happened to me once...Then had a look at customer trip mileage...it was reading 0.8...I said you need to drive the car more :D

clusters
4th April, 2017, 09:42 PM
Common in Toyotas caused by a bad calculation.

Been discussed at length here over the years if you spend some time searching.

epd1221
4th April, 2017, 11:53 PM
I also had that problem on a 2014 camry . At first it didnt count up then after i fix that the fuel gauge never work again i battle with it for days till finally got it to working