PDA

View Full Version : water damged fone

gibbo74
5th October, 2009, 03:51 PM
hi all
after one to many beers last nite i dropped my new nokia n97 down the pub toilet gutted
is there any way off drying it out ?
ive been on google and people say put the fone in a bowl of rice ,i have done this and sofar it has come back on but there is still moisture in the camera lens apart from that it seems fine ,
also i put my sim card into my blackberry but i cant send texts ,same network
i can make calls and recive text but cant send

Meat-Head
7th October, 2009, 11:21 PM
placeing the phone in a vacum chamber would boil out the liquid

same as on your car a/c system

Broo
8th October, 2009, 12:11 AM
What if you put ur phone on charge for a few hours so that the heat will dry it out, i know I did this with a phone I dropped into water and it dried out.

gibbo74
9th October, 2009, 01:55 AM
fone is all dried out now and works fine apart from nobody can hear me speak

Swiftie
9th October, 2009, 02:09 AM

Your mic is ~~~~ed or problem with connectivity to PCB. If you have some torx screwdrivers I would suggest disassembling having a look at your mic and possibly giving the actual PCB an actual clean with some isopropyl and a small brush (tooth brush would do).

What I normally used to do (haven't dropped my phone for a while now) is stick it in the airing cupboard or a warm room with all the battery, sim, covers (if they come off) off. Then give it a day or two and if I have any problems like the one you're describing I do the above and fanny's my aunt. Sometimes however I have had to buy parts such as (new speaker) for a phone cause it was totally ~~~~ed.

RedSpider
9th October, 2009, 12:07 PM

so it don't work fine then?

gibbo74
10th October, 2009, 07:42 PM
it must be drying out more cos people can now hear me but they say i sound miles away but i dont have to shout any more i will give it another day ot two in airing cupboard then try again:manusign::manusign: