PDA

View Full Version : remote not working

father ted
19th March, 2008, 07:30 PM
one of my remotes for the dream box isnt working ive tried the camera trick to see if the ird is flashing it aint,tried new batteries still the same ,now can these be fixed or is it a new one ?

Devilfish
19th March, 2008, 07:40 PM
There's really nothing to a remote, open it up and see if there's anything obvious. If you have access to IPA solvent use that and a rag to clean it.

Check that there's no broken components.

Also check that the battery connections are located properly.

father ted
20th March, 2008, 02:39 PM
There's really nothing to a remote, open it up and see if there's anything obvious. If you have access to IPA solvent use that and a rag to clean it.

Check that there's no broken components.

Also check that the battery connections are located properly.

yep done all that cant see noting like a dry solder or anything all looks intact even had it under magnifying glass looking for cracks

father ted
23rd March, 2008, 11:30 PM
thanks for this ive been in touch with mark where i bought it from and hes gonna replace it under warranty for me

dcadogan
5th April, 2008, 01:05 PM
Guy where can I get another remote for my 500c.

Thanks

ice2004
5th April, 2008, 01:07 PM
Guy where can I get another remote for my 500c.

Thanks

theres a link at the bottom of the forum (big advert) for dreamboxmagic.co.uk and they sell replacement remotes

father ted
5th April, 2008, 01:20 PM
ok quick update on this sent it back ,and it was returned all cleaned and now working apparently its covered by guarantee lol

dstation
8th April, 2008, 08:24 PM
Had one replaced for a 7025 last November, It was eleven months old at the time too.

A lot of people do not realise the remote is also included in the guarantee