PDA

View Full Version : x431 or Autoboss v30

arturdasilva
5th October, 2009, 11:20 PM
hi guys for those that have experience with the x431 and autoboss v30 with one would you recommend buying?

cheers

kanos251
6th October, 2009, 01:11 AM
of course autoboss

z786
6th October, 2009, 01:25 AM
both more or less same thing. jus make sure u get package with atleast 2 years free update

AEN
7th October, 2009, 10:22 AM
X431 seems to be better than V30

AEN
7th October, 2009, 10:24 AM
X431 seems to be better

Meat-Head
7th October, 2009, 10:25 AM
whilst we are on the subject of x431 is there anyway of making it run off a laptop?

thanks

cureacar
7th October, 2009, 12:27 PM
i have a autoboss v30 i really recommend it x431 is good if you just work on jap cars auto boss is really good on jap and on euro cars u get about 4 updates per week the support you get is amazing on opel it has a few things even tech 2 don't i honestly would stay away from x431 it runs on Linux system i had a demo on it and the sales man was very pushy . the auto boss is updating all the time and is made by SPX if you need any more info or if i was unclear please feel free to email me also dont buy a copy ! auto boss will block all updates to a copy

sikitu
21st October, 2009, 12:11 PM
cureacar,

Kindly help me,am confused on whether to buy the AutoBoss V30 or Launch X431.I need to know which one is better than the other.An dwhich is more reliable.
And what are the advantages of each one of them.

i will really appreciate.thx

Abozizos
21st October, 2009, 01:09 PM
X431 is better than autoboss

u.s
21st October, 2009, 01:51 PM
what about the autoboss star 2600+?
is that any good?

amrknooz
21st October, 2009, 04:37 PM
i have x431 and hr good in euro cars but asian not
like hunday

fordman
26th October, 2009, 12:41 AM
Looks like the Launch is winning so far 3 prefer it and 2 for Autoboss.I have got a demo on both and I'm prefering Autoboss so that evens things up.Both seem to operate the same but autoboss wins for me on price.I'm looking at the pc max version which is a bit cheaper than v30.Launch only gives two main options but none can run on a pc as far as I am aware.Both Autoboss and Launch need Autodata or something to run along side them for diagnosis so thats why I'm going for the pc version.A lot of my work will be mobile so maybe Launch would be better for that but another drawback for me is that there seems to be alot of them out there in my area.

htc
26th October, 2009, 01:44 AM
x431 works far better!

Halil
26th October, 2009, 09:12 AM
x431 beter but which one (x-431 heavy duty, x-431 tool, X-431 Diagun, x-431)

I m selling this produce and ı have got x-431 heavy duty, x-431 tool, X-431 Diagun, x-431, autoboss v30, autoboss v26 , many other produce.

ı think autoboss plain but very good produce

c11
28th October, 2009, 11:02 PM
Launch x431 is defenitely better.

eamonn1110
11th November, 2009, 12:25 AM
Is there anybody using the Autoboss V30 that can verify if it is posible to release brake calipers on the new Passats or A5's using this tool. If it does, please tell me how it is done. A mate of mine has one, but can not find a way of doing it. Help is greatly appreciated.
Eamonn

z786
11th November, 2009, 03:16 AM
Is there anybody using the Autoboss V30 that can verify if it is posible to release brake calipers on the new Passats or A5's using this tool. If it does, please tell me how it is done. A mate of mine has one, but can not find a way of doing it. Help is greatly appreciated.
Eamonn

this shud giv u an idea, its for x431 but has the same principals

Parking (http://www.x431ltd.co.uk/website/53.html) Brake

autotrans
11th November, 2009, 05:37 PM
LAUNCH X431 is a better all rounder but ater sales service crap, i am on my 3rd printer 2nd touch screen
4th main cable , to be fair i bought scanner in 2004 & it has had a hard life

chris_1111
30th December, 2009, 11:44 PM
thanks people i just bought an x431 master and i was worried that i could get autoboss instead...so x431 is better is the opinion of the most here

http://www.SiteVacuum.com/publisher/GoogleSearchIconShadow.gifhttp://www.SiteVacuum.com/publisher/SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

george2009
6th January, 2010, 06:01 AM
hi guys for those that have experience with the x431 and autoboss v30 with one would you recommend buying?

cheers
If you prefer OEM function tool, I think you can consider VCX from Allscanner Tech, it can be compatible with original softwares of Toyota, Honda, Benz and Volvo. They are also developping other vehicles.

eamonn1110
7th January, 2010, 04:58 AM
Hey chris_1111,

just saw ur post about the Master, just wondering where you bought it and how much you paid ? Thinking of gettin one myself :-) Did it come with any software for heavy duty vehicles? I hear its 24 voldt compatible too.
Please pm me the details if you don't want to make it public knowledge.

Min2xx
7th January, 2010, 06:24 AM
I have both, X431 ten times beter :)

Oliver White
15th January, 2010, 05:17 PM
autoboss is better
X431 is hard to updating

AEN
15th January, 2010, 09:12 PM
autoboss is better
X431 is hard to updating

Totally disagree.
X431 is easy to update, autoboss product is much harder, for instance, where do you find current updates for Autoboss Star B? Where is guarantee that it will not happen with V30 in coming 2-3 years?

stoma
18th January, 2010, 12:04 PM
First of all, most opinions are expressed in a profane way - "Yeah, X431 (or Autoboss) is better". Nothing says why, or have the posters had any hands-on experience with BOTH platforms.

There's also the matter of copycats - have they worked with a botched copy, of did they have the actual tool.

In my opinion, having used both, original equipment, I'd say that X431 is substantially more unreliable. When it works, it gives you typically a bit more than AutoBoss, but it's not consistent and you need to keep several versions of the software on the Flash card, because every time Launch put an update out there, it screws something else up. That's why they update first, then they fix the update with another update, and there it goes on and on.

AutoBoss V30 issue fewer updates, but their quality is better, and as a diagnostic platform it's more solid and reliable than X431. However, some of the more advanced features on specific vehicle models just aren't there. I haven't tried the new PC MAX yet, but I don't think it will be a whole new game.

X431 offers "free" and easy updates, that's what appeals to most people - getting the soft off Rapidshare is so much easier with it. That may bring down the cost in the long run, but again, I can't justify it for professional use.

Overall, I'd buy a PC MAX, because it's cheaper, supports more vehicles, you have the flexibility to quickly work with the various databases from the same platform (PC), and you get wireless connectivity with the scanner - you can go around and do things on the car and monitor what's going on at the same time.

eamonn1110
18th January, 2010, 12:24 PM
The software on the PC Max will be the same as the V30. The full name is PC Max V30. I see them selling them on eBay for ?1795. The Autoboss does not have Rover software, Ssangyong and a couple of others that the X431 does offer. If you're in the UK, Rover is a big seller, so it would make more sense to buy the x431. I agree about the platform being more solid and you're right about the them making a balls of the software updates from time to time, buts its not an issue if you do keep a few different versions on your machine. I can get my hands on a V30 for about ?1,100, which is a decent price, but relying on the supplier for updates as oppposed to updating online. How does it stack up against the Multi di@g system from actia ?

xmf70528
3rd February, 2010, 06:35 PM
luanch x431 master and autoboss V30 are ok, autoboss v30 better at japanese cars, but x431 better at european cars, x431 update is a bit difficult, but V30 can get update from official website directly. but multi diag system from actia much better, if anyone is interested in them. pm me we will give you good price and update

matrix1340
4th February, 2010, 06:02 AM
I formatted "Control Panel" My Diagun ... I hope there is someone who can help me to restore it. Thanks.

matrix1340
4th February, 2010, 06:13 AM
I formatted "Control Panel" My Diagun ... I hope there is someone who can help me to restore it. Thanks.

diagsrus
4th February, 2010, 05:11 PM
In my opinion, having used both, original equipment, I'd say that X431 is substantially more unreliable. When it works, it gives you typically a bit more than AutoBoss, but it's not consistent and you need to keep several versions of the software on the Flash card, because every time Launch put an update out there, it screws something else up. That's why they update first, then they fix the update with another update, and there it goes on and on.

AutoBoss V30 issue fewer updates, but their quality is better, and as a diagnostic platform it's more solid and reliable than X431.
[/QUOTE]

I totally agree having used both extensively, the X431 has become more and more unreliable and we had the new X431 master on trial and it was 100% worse, the built in super 16 meant you cannot change back to standard connector when super 16 doesn't work, the tool kept locking up and was really slow.
A fair assessment is that X431 promises a lot more than V30 but actually delivers less, it generally returns unknown codes and garbled data, we have found the V30 to be much more accurate on what it covers and the updates are adding good stuff all the time.

Rover is being developed by Autoboss in the UK and will be available as free update for UK units. :congrats:

diagsrus
4th February, 2010, 05:16 PM
I can get my hands on a V30 for about ?1,100, which is a decent price, but relying on the supplier for updates as oppposed to updating online.

If you cannot get updates online then it has been hacked or is a clone or the supplier knows it will get blocked if you update online out of the region it was meant to be sold in...have talked to many people who have bought from china and now updates are blocked and they get no warranty and have to pay approx ?100 to send back if there is a problem and hope that they get it back !

The online management system Autoboss are introducing will stop all the imports as units with no updates are not worth having...

eamonn1110
4th February, 2010, 05:23 PM

AutoBoss V30 issue fewer updates, but their quality is better, and as a diagnostic platform it's more solid and reliable than X431.

I totally agree having used both extensively, the X431 has become more and more unreliable and we had the new X431 master on trial and it was 100% worse, the built in super 16 meant you cannot change back to standard connector when super 16 doesn't work, the tool kept locking up and was really slow.
A fair assessment is that X431 promises a lot more than V30 but actually delivers less, it generally returns unknown codes and garbled data, we have found the V30 to be much more accurate on what it covers and the updates are adding good stuff all the time.

Rover is being developed by Autoboss in the UK and will be available as free update for UK units. :congrats:[/QUOTE]

My God, if you're not affiliated with Autoboss UK in some way, shape or form, I'll eat my hat. If you're not, you should seriously consider asking them for a few quid to compensate you for all your spin doctoring.
Are there any user forums for the V30 ?

diagsrus
4th February, 2010, 05:27 PM
just tell it as we find it...have been burnt with both x431 and Autoboss V30 from china..

eamonn1110
4th February, 2010, 05:29 PM
just tell it as we find it...

So there you go Folks, if anyone is looking for an unbiased opinion, make sure not to view any of diagsrus posts regarding the V30. He IS Autoboss UK.

eamonn1110
4th February, 2010, 05:32 PM
Anyone who didnt notice, he just edited his last comment :-)

diagsrus
4th February, 2010, 05:34 PM
actually an independent diagnostic workshop and a life - long SPX customer, made the mistake of buying clone OEM tools , X431 and V30 from China ..

eamonn1110
4th February, 2010, 05:50 PM
actually an independent diagnostic workshop and a life - long SPX customer, made the mistake of buying clone OEM tools , X431 and V30 from China ..

Well, I have my doubts about that, but everyone here can make their own mind up.
Why not create a table of functions that the Autoboss covers and the X431 does not ? Autoboss may be a little faster, but what difference does 20-30 seconds make. Most people are more interested in fucntions and vehicle coverage.
Forget about the issue of clones and where people buy their machine, let people make their own mind up.

diagsrus
4th February, 2010, 06:06 PM
Good idea, in fact a table for all the popular tools would be a big help but will be a huge task...
The issue of clones is relevant though as we found many functions not possible with a clone X431 that worked fine after trying a genuine one. Same issue with cracked software, have tried it and a lot of the programs didn't work or just locked the machine up.

basco
18th February, 2010, 01:37 AM
the launch x431 is definately better because the launch comes with more features and has got much more vehicle coverage the autoboss is more or less a derivitive of the launch.as well as they have got some excellent support but so does launch as well once you have got an original machine plus the launch comes with a printer the v30 does not and that is what you need when you are out and about doing mobile work i've got a v30 it was very affordable which is good. at the moment the launch is still ahead in terms of functionality.the v30 does not cover saab on the basic software neither alfa romeo except on obd11 which is crap. the plusses on the v30 is that you get a machine that has got a wide enough screen which has a graph and comes in colour it is easy to use and communicates automatically, unlike the snapon machines which takes ages communicating and no need for infernal personality keys my friend has got a x431 and i regularly get the use of it. but to be honest since i have gotten the v30 i havent taken out my snapon solus pro. i need to get rid of it "solus pro" as i speak. guys if you are really considering to buy a diagnostic machine any one of the two is personally recommended but i'd leave it up to personal preference. autoboss was crap in the beggining but now they have been bought by a good company and pretty soon they will really be giving the launch a run for their money. launch is also a bit more expensive but even though i'm currently using the autoboss i prefer the launch.hope this was of help guys

newcastlecars
18th February, 2010, 11:24 AM
me i think x431 is deaper but far slower to use i prefer v30 as is quick and does what i need ie airbag abs etc on just about anything jim

diagsrus
18th February, 2010, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=basco;462367]the launch x431 is definately better because the launch comes with more features and has got much more vehicle coverage the autoboss is more or less a derivitive of the launch.as well as they have got some excellent support but so does launch as well once you have got an original machine plus the launch comes with a printer the v30 does not and that is what you need when you are out and about doing mobile work i've got a v30 it was very affordable which is good. at the moment the launch is still ahead in terms of functionality.the v30 does not cover saab on the basic software neither alfa romeo except on obd11 which is crap"

Hi, couple of tips: The V30 has a printer available which we have just bought, I dont think it is really a derivative of X431 as both use completly different hardware/software, although i suppose all aftermarket tools are really just a copy of OEM kit.

You can access virtually every Alfa system under FIAT as they use all the same EMS, SRS, ABS systems etc

SAAB is on its way as they had engineers in the UK last year logging them

HTH

peko
10th March, 2010, 10:54 AM
x431 work better in european cars
autoboss not covered fine europeans cars

JeepG
9th April, 2010, 03:47 PM
Would somebody know if either one work with Jeep Grand Cherokee, equipped with MB Diesel ('02-'04)?
Especially, if it connects to motor/transmission.

dijo
9th April, 2010, 10:27 PM
Hi guys, my opinion is that, at this moment in a garage we have so many different car models with a lot of different systems that you don't have the chance to diagnostic the error in this special situation... the coverage of the tools are perhaps 60-70%, but to diagnostic in the deep it is not possible... I now garages they worked with 4/5 kind of tools like Launch/Gutmann/Bosch/TEXA/Technotest... but in the most times they can make nothing, because the diagnostic deep is not enough...

Mi recommend = buy from china clones for the specific product and you will see that you have a lot of good results more than with the Launch/etc...

The complicated think for a garage is to recommend the car owner to go to the "product garage"

Good luck bey the decision!

jasonk
26th April, 2010, 11:36 AM
I have used both of these the launch was a bit slow and the display isn great the autoboss v30 has a good display updates are simple online and they come up a few times a week they are always adding. thats just my view

megejazz
17th May, 2010, 10:44 PM
I have tryed only x431 tool. Perfect mashine, had no problem at all. Sometimes immo codes on some cars was unaccessible...

But othervise got allmost all car brand connected...

rabee7878
24th May, 2010, 05:45 PM
AutoBoss v30 support computer diagnosis on the following vehicle makes. Functions of each vehicle coverage vary depending on models and systems: Audi/Volkswagon, Ford, Kia, Nissan/Infiniti, BMW/Mini-Cooper General Motors, Mazda, Toyota/Lexus, Chrysler Honda/Acura, Mercedes-Benz, Volvo, Daewoo, Hyundi, Mitsubishi OBD II & EOBD.Now includes Land Rover, Fiat, Renault, Opel/Vauxhall & Lancia

Covering late and early model car of Asian, European, American and domestic.
Many car models have covered 80% -90% function of the original scanner
Supporting CAN- BUS diagnosis of Volkswagen / Audi, Ford, Mazda, Nissan, Hyundai / KIA
Built-in high / low speed CAN- BUS and single CAN- BUS
Making all CAN- BUS systems available with only one connector
Supporting 5 OBDII protocols and 9 modes
Nissan idle speed adaptation
Immobilization system generation III adaptation of Volkswagen.

Many car models have covered 80% -90% function of the original equipment. Some car families are no difference to the original equipments.
VW / Audi: All CAN- BUS system after 2005
GM: The testing function has covered 90% of the GM original equipment
Toyota: The actuation function is the same to the original equipment
Nissan: Covering 95% function of the original equipment
Honda: Only system selection is needed for diagnostic scanning
Hyundai / KIA: More than 90% function coverage of the original equipment
All systems of all car models are available
Opel: 17 models can be tested and the basic function makes no difference of the original equipment}

Function:
OEM-level coverage for European/Asian vehicles
Built-in printer for convenient data recording
Touch screen menu for easy navigation
Frequent Internet software update
Full component activation
Setting of adaptation values
Coding of the new control modules
Read & Change ECU coding
Full component activation.
Setting of adaption values.
Coding of the new control modules.
Read & Change ECU coding.
Auto Diagnostics
Multiple task support
Wide colour touch screen
Printing Function Supported
Online updating
-----------------------------------
Product character:
1. Inherited with all diagnosis function of X-431
2. Faster communication with cars than X-431 by integrated design to save time in work
3. All inclusive software coverage - European, American and Asian
4. 24V operating voltage capability is added to work with different kinds of batteries
5. Powerful diagnostic function: read DTCs,read datastream, actuation test, sensor waveform display and ECU coding
6. Test most of cars by using unique & integrated 16 PIN connector
7. Easier and more conveniet to operate than X-431 based on the smart design
8. Upgrade software anytime and anywhere to keep up with latest models

ek247
12th June, 2010, 11:10 PM
can anyone suggest a reliable place to buy x431 and is are the clones just as good as originals?

irishs12
27th June, 2010, 11:39 AM
can anyone suggest a reliable place to buy x431 and is are the clones just as good as originals?

OBD2 | AutoBoss V30 | CARSOFT 8.3 | Car Code Readers | EOBD | OBD | Professional vehicle diagnostics MaxiDas DS708, AutoBoss V30 and Launch X431 from Talk To My Car (http://www.talktomycar.co.uk)
I've just ordered an autoboss off them and have ordered lots of other bits off them in the past.They are official uk suppliers so no problem with updates and warranties.
They recommend autoboss,cos they say that the updates are coming out quicker and it will very soon be a lot more capable machine than the launch.It's ?900 cheaper as well.
I wouldn't buy a clone,it's false economy.

unknownuser
8th August, 2010, 12:27 PM
i can supply x431 master for a good price

alex1986
11th August, 2010, 05:01 PM
what about the autoboss star 2600+?
is that any good?

autoboss v2600+ is the older version, there have autoboss v30 and autoboss pc-max (base on Computer),also autoboss pc-max cheaper than autoboss v30

Scientist
5th September, 2010, 12:04 PM
My opinion this kind open talking discutions are no good.
Booth tools have their advantage and disadvantage.
Some one have to see with what cars will work and whaT and how deep diagnosis willing to do.
I have them both for some years now and i hate this kind of argue which is better.
(Autoboss v2600 is obsolite)

sogaro
5th September, 2010, 06:38 PM
Well for the X431 experts here, i tried programming a honda cr-v 2008 key with X431 TOOL and it ask for 6-digit pass, any help?

garryreed
20th September, 2010, 11:10 AM
ive got an autoboss as my general quick scanner. i can say that its easy to use and a reasonable tool.

for its price it has a fair bit of functionality and it seems as though they are spending a fair bit on research so its got regular updates and extra functions added frequently.

the last thing that swayed me to buy one is that autoboss is owned by spx which is a very large company supplying oem equipment to manufacturer which in my mind means they should have access to some inside info on certain makes

ive had mine for a year or so and im still using it over other scan tools in the tool box :0)

gadroulll
3rd October, 2010, 10:28 PM
where i can buy autoboss genuine or pc-max fron europe?

does anyone knows how it costs?

its better to buy x431

those tools can be locked or have damages?

please help not to drop money for nothing

acaducati
5th October, 2010, 01:40 AM
For me the better Launch x431.

CarmasterAndrew
21st October, 2010, 08:57 PM
Autoboss ! I know some guys who makes the programms for Autoboss from Australia and Emirates. Autoboss is a stuff I saw it in Shenzhen, Launch- peace of s...t

irishs12
25th October, 2010, 12:53 AM
The Autoboss is a very good alround tool,it gives very good coverage of different makes of cars and doesn't give false codes.
I've been using it for 3 months in a busy garage and it has been spot on so far.
I've tried an x431 and I certainly don't believe it's better,thats for sure.
Some of the autoboss functions are dealer level,Nissan for example is as good as oe equipment.
Autoboss updates are being released very fast so soon it will be the only tool to have.

card2diag
25th October, 2010, 06:41 PM
maybe most man donot knew,x431 and autoboss v30 all made in china,shenzhen. v30 is better.all those device is from china' online update:( removed link )

lalanirina
25th October, 2010, 07:55 PM
Please help me
I need to change my autoboss V30 langage in French, does anyone know how to do it

lalanirina
25th October, 2010, 08:01 PM
Today i check a Grand Cherokee with autoboss V30 but it couldn't diagnose the BCM (body control module) but Bosch KTS could. I don't know if i have not the rigth soket (i use an EOBD 16) does any one can help me

CNOBD2
26th October, 2010, 06:48 AM
yes, autoboss, x431, MST-1 are made in China. CHinese have patent of them. And other Chinese factories can clone these two. So there are also original and clone ones.
maybe most man donot knew,x431 and autoboss v30 all made in china,shenzhen. v30 is better.all those device is from china' online update:
Sell Super AutoBoss V30,V30,AutoBoss V30 (http://www.ec21.com/offer_detail/Sell_Super_AutoBoss_V30_V30--8368011.html)

molla79
26th October, 2010, 06:56 AM
I've Autoboss and for me work good! only with italian brand still have only really old car... I solute it with Ecuscan...I've the one stand alone but I know that exist the one can run on laptop... and it's cheapier!

JeepG
20th July, 2011, 02:56 PM
Today i check a Grand Cherokee with autoboss V30 but it couldn't diagnose the BCM (body control module) but Bosch KTS could. I don't know if i have not the rigth soket (i use an EOBD 16) does any one can help me

Hi, I'm interested as well of those units (Autoboss, X-431) cababilities when trying to connnect to Grand Cherokee.
What's the year of yours jeep?
With diesel or gas?
And my interest is especially GC with MB Diesel, '02-'04.

Now there seems to be a Witech DRB emulator on the market.
Does anybody have experience of that?
This might be a little bit off in this thread... maybe got to open a new one.

alex1986
29th July, 2011, 08:12 AM
Hello sir , our company offer high quality launch x431 scanner . Original ($1500.0 +dhl cost) ones Launch x431 master , Adapter Launch x431 scanner (+$900.0 +dhl ) .them work on similar softwares . explain the adapter x431 scanner , the hardware is Launch x431 gx3 scanner ,software been reflash SN for load more softwares . as we know the X431 GX3 is been design for China,Philippines (app:ds:the%20Philippines) markets . for more details feel free contact me by email : obdiiscanner_alex@hotmail.com ,website : OBD II Scanner-OBD II Automotive Diagnostic Tools & Scanners (http://www.obdiiscanner.com)

nicole99wu
3rd August, 2011, 09:36 AM
I think auto boss is better than x431

autodiagnostic
3rd August, 2011, 12:21 PM
for European cars models, you'd better use autoboss.

lesm
19th September, 2011, 06:59 PM
Autoboss V30 any day. The Launch does not do all that it is supposed to do

garryreed
25th September, 2011, 10:12 AM
jeep coverage is poor with both autoboss and launch if its got the merc engine lie to it and try goin in through merc

alex1986
29th September, 2011, 01:12 PM
Hi i got the quote for Autoboss V30 on $1000.0 plus shipping from my supplier . it seems good price . i am going to order one .

x-tech
19th October, 2011, 02:09 PM

cheers
hI, HELP ME PLEASE, MY X-431 HEAVY-DUTY INITIALIZING SMART BOX OK, VERIFYNF SMART BOX OK, BUT WHEN DOWNLOAD PROGRAM (FAIL) , I DON?T KNOW WHAT TO DO. THANKS

liber
24th October, 2011, 09:36 AM
hI, HELP ME PLEASE, MY X-431 HEAVY-DUTY INITIALIZING SMART BOX OK, VERIFYNF SMART BOX OK, BUT WHEN DOWNLOAD PROGRAM (FAIL) , I DON?T KNOW WHAT TO DO. THANKS

Try to backup your card first and download the latest Hevay duty system data and update it to the card and try again

kostasnikolakopoulos
24th October, 2011, 01:52 PM
Hi
I'm new to forum and looking for the code to extract the files to multi - diag
Can you help me?
Thanks