PDA

View Full Version : Bmw e46 325 i MS 43 Stop Light Stops Acceleration

ascotauto
19th April, 2017, 02:18 PM
Hi Tuners

Im in a bit of a pickle. I have a bmw e46 ms43 ecu. What this vehicle does is intermittently it will not allow the car to have a throttle response due to the brake lights coming on. When u press brake and accelerate vehicle cannot accelerate. This happens when you drive as well. More often now it does not allow you to rev.

Is there anyone that can remove this function from ecu please. I have even tried another ecu and moved mapping over. I have tried a immo off too no luck at all. I think it has to do with cruise control but customer not worried about that

Please find attached orig file which is matched to ews. Dump from amd 29f400bb

Siemens MS 43 7511570
5WK09912 index 04

Thanks in advance

Morette
20th April, 2017, 04:47 PM
Cut the wires on pins 24 and 28 on plug X60004 (40 Pin plug)
Brake lights will still work, but no brake signal to the ECU from the switch!

ascotauto
20th April, 2017, 06:04 PM
ok did that cut wires no revving up at all. What i do see is i get 11 volts when i brake and 0 when i dont brake. Please note this is the 2nd ecu. Can this rev limiting not be removed from flash dump?

tdehrmann1
20th April, 2017, 06:14 PM
I think thats from your ASC or DTC. You only have to turn the system completely. Press and hold the ASC/DTC button for a long time until the Traction Control and the Stability Control lamp shine.
Thats it i think.

Sorry for my bad english.

Cloudforce
24th April, 2017, 07:32 AM
Using a DSC system (MK60) in my convertible with MS43 and i can easily break and revv match the engine ;-) No modification done. Thats with our ews-off files.

ascotauto
24th April, 2017, 09:34 AM
ok do you have a off file with that function disabled as well? please post or send to me as im running out of time and have serious time and money invested in this vehicle

Cloudforce
28th April, 2017, 11:49 AM
ok do you have a off file with that function disabled as well? please post or send to me as im running out of time and have serious time and money invested in this vehicle

I don?t supply files which have a severe lack of safety in the electronic throttle control system. However you can tune it yourself with TunerPro. I don?t do instructions on how to remove it as that is highly illegal and absolutely dangerous.

ascotauto
28th April, 2017, 12:01 PM
ok bud appreciate the feedback car running fine 3days with a immo off and airflow unplugged not my exact repair method but its working and customer happy

ascotauto
9th June, 2017, 09:38 PM
hi all

my nightmare is back. Attached is the immo off file i used. i had another 6 cyl in today and i checked it can rev with foot on brake. It seems i have abs or dsc fault. @cloudforce the traction control trick didnt work. Is any one able to turn off the abs or dsc function in this dump? ive stripped car wiring ok everything tests fine. 3 Brake switches later 2 ecu and a airflow meter and its the same. Please help

admin please allow me to post rar file please

Cloudforce
12th June, 2017, 04:00 PM
attach zip file instead?

ascotauto
12th June, 2017, 06:33 PM
still not allowed to post any sort of file

Admin could you assist in this regard please ?