PDA

View Full Version : Ubunto 9.04 with usb wireless adaptor

titania
6th October, 2009, 03:52 PM
Hi I have just installed Ubuntu 9.04 on my PC, and am really pleased with it so far.
The problem I have is that I cannot get it to recognise my Belkin Wireless USB Adaptor.I have looked at Ubuntu forums, but they all seem to be too advanced for me.
I need an idiots guide to fixing this, please.

chroma
7th October, 2009, 03:14 AM
Hi I have just installed Ubuntu 9.04 on my PC, and am really pleased with it so far.
The problem I have is that I cannot get it to recognise my Belkin Wireless USB Adaptor.I have looked at Ubuntu forums, but they all seem to be too advanced for me.

Ubuntu forums are about as "for dummies" as it gets with linux, especialy in terms of networking.

Step by step with associated driver however can be found here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/Device/Belkin_F5D7050_ver_4000_(ZyDas_zd1211b_driver)?hig hlight=(WifiDocs%2FDevice)

Just follow that to the letter and you should be fine.

kari
12th October, 2009, 08:15 AM
if someone is planning to buy wireless usb adapter, good buy in D-link just plug in. This page helps you select the hw Hardware - openSUSE (http://en.opensuse.org/Hardware)

liquidxd
16th October, 2009, 08:37 AM
what model is your wireless adapter??

kari
18th October, 2009, 08:34 AM
what model is your wireless adapter??
Hi, my model is D-link DWL-G122

chmod-uk
28th November, 2009, 04:31 PM

It's probably a windows only driver, but not all is lost. I use a belkin pre-n pcmcia card and i use it with "ndiswrapper", a tool for using windows drivers in linux. Check it out. Ubuntu will have it in the repository.

kondozim
6th December, 2009, 08:48 AM
Why dont u try ubuntu 9.10? heard they have updated their core drivers.

bongster
31st December, 2009, 10:36 AM
:manusign: