PDA

View Full Version : Please help a damsel in distress. . .

Pakadillis
6th October, 2009, 05:45 PM
I have been searching for a couple of days now for a way to solve my problem and this site keeps popping up so I would I would give it a try. . .

I have what I think is a starview one. It just says starview on the front. When I first got it a few months ago I searched for what to do and followed the instructions for putting some codes in manually. And ta da, I had a whole array of channels I had never seen before in my life. . .

Now a couple of days ago they all suddenly come up as "srambled or bad channel" - even the ones that are one freeview like ITV2.

This is what I have tried so far . . .

Resetting factory settings and doing it all again . . .

Trying different codes to the ones a i used before. . .

selecting a different provider and trying the codes for that. . .

ok ok . . . so I havent really tried much I know. . . but I have no idea what to do. i dont even really understand what this box is! Now the channels are being found but they all say "data is being updated" with a percentage that occaisonally rises a little but never fully updates.

Please help! I miss my tv :(

Im in the nottingham area with NTL.

Thank you

xx

PS: if your kind enough to offer help please explain in idiot speak as I dont know what "firmware" or "Flash your box" means . . . Im a bit silly.

sausages1
6th October, 2009, 07:25 PM
The keys for ntl & tw rolled yesterday.lt sounds like you have got a starview 1.software for this is at start of starview section.one word of warning, there are clones of most starview model boxes,some software doesn work on clones.Your easiest course of vaction is to download the chatterbox tool bar which has a key generator included to give you the latest codes.you can input them to your box manually.

Pakadillis
6th October, 2009, 08:17 PM
The keys for ntl & tw rolled yesterday.lt sounds like you have got a starview 1.software for this is at start of starview section.one word of warning, there are clones of most starview model boxes,some software doesn work on clones.Your easiest course of vaction is to download the chatterbox tool bar which has a key generator included to give you the latest codes.you can input them to your box manually.

Hi. Thank you for your reply. I have tried the chatterbox thing . . . the codes it gives out are the codes I have already tried. So Im not really sure what is going on! I take it I need to install something onto the box . . . through my computer. . . which I probably need some special wire for. lol Ill give it a go. Thank you

smirnoff_rules
6th October, 2009, 08:21 PM
u need a null cable from maplins m8 ,, get one there tomorrow and we will have u up and running in no time , have u a serial port on your pc ? if not u need a usb to rs232 cable

baby
6th October, 2009, 08:30 PM
Yes i also need the latest codes for my eurovox normally enter keycodes have done so for the last 12 months then i tried to enter codes today with no joy do i need to update my firmware?

smirnoff_rules
6th October, 2009, 08:32 PM
Yes i also need the latest codes for my eurovox normally enter keycodes have done so for the last 12 months then i tried to enter codes today with no joy do i need to update my firmware?

this time of the year they seem to change codes all the time ,,

larryoke
6th October, 2009, 08:43 PM
Hi. Thank you for your reply. I have tried the chatterbox thing . . . the codes it gives out are the codes I have already tried. So Im not really sure what is going on! I take it I need to install something onto the box . . . through my computer. . . which I probably need some special wire for. lol Ill give it a go. Thank you
Chatterbox is up to date, try re-freshing toolbar! the dropdown next to red TCB.cc

DESSERTDOG
6th October, 2009, 09:32 PM
2 rolls 1 yesterday 1 today lots of fun to come lol:joyman:

Pakadillis
7th October, 2009, 11:55 AM
I managed to input new codes and it worked (yay)

But now it appears to have gone again (boo)

Do the codes just keep changing!?

Thank you everybody for your help.

Chatterbox is up to date, try re-freshing toolbar! the dropdown next to red TCB.cc

I had the old chatterbox tool bar with old keys app on. Installed new one and your right thanks!

Seems they have changed again now though lol

riptide
7th October, 2009, 03:36 PM
Thank you guys. You guys are life saver.

stuckylad
7th October, 2009, 03:44 PM
you wont find a better site or better help anywhere,top peeps here

Pakadillis
7th October, 2009, 07:36 PM
I appreciate everybodies help on here. . . . but im still so confused. Im waiting to get a null modem cable to install firmware but I have heard different things from different people. It seems that inputting the current codes should work. . . .

Does anybody know why its not? Some people have said to wait for it to update. . . . (the channels say data updating but nothing happens) . . . why is this happening?

What is the difference between inputting the codes in manually and installing the firmware?

Im just at a complete loss as I have had lots of different advice, all appreciated, but nothing appears to work!

My box also keeps crashing. . . just freezing to the point I have to restart it. Is my box just buggered!?

Sorry to pester you all but a bit more advice would be really appreciated. thanks

mtv1
7th October, 2009, 07:40 PM
is key emu on in hidden menu 1570 turn it on

maca
7th October, 2009, 07:46 PM
I appreciate everybodies help on here. . . . but im still so confused. Im waiting to get a null modem cable to install firmware but I have heard different things from different people. It seems that inputting the current codes should work. . . .

Does anybody know why its not? Some people have said to wait for it to update. . . . (the channels say data updating but nothing happens) . . . why is this happening?

What is the difference between inputting the codes in manually and installing the firmware?

Im just at a complete loss as I have had lots of different advice, all appreciated, but nothing appears to work!

My box also keeps crashing. . . just freezing to the point I have to restart it. Is my box just buggered!?

Sorry to pester you all but a bit more advice would be really appreciated. thanksif you update your box with latest firmware when keys roll the box will update itself without the need for you to manualy input new keys.your cable to do this looks like this Data cables and adaptors. (http://www.cabling4less.co.uk/Data_Cables.php?referrer=google&gclid=COHOidXLq50CFdRb4wodaQyQkg). also try using a xp pc to update your box, as some people find it easier than using a lappy.maca..

Pakadillis
7th October, 2009, 09:13 PM
Just to update everyone my box is now in working order! Pressed set default key then inputted codes and seems all good!

Will definately try and get firmware on for future use!

Thanks everyone

mm009b
7th October, 2009, 09:30 PM
glad to see you sorted well done

ukmale_121
14th October, 2009, 10:45 PM
hi , where can i get the keys for starview 1
thanks in advance

chic.
16th October, 2009, 06:53 PM
download this but i would advise you flash your box like above http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/keymaster-v1-2-a-15751/

nizzy1977
16th October, 2009, 07:09 PM
hi can u help i have jst downloaded chatterbox but can u tell how i get the codes 4 my eurovox from it plz

nizzy1977
16th October, 2009, 07:18 PM
download this but i would advise you flash your box like above http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f10/keymaster-v1-2-a-15751/
how do i download keymaster

xant14
16th October, 2009, 07:25 PM

click on the link nizzy lol, where in the uk ru?

I am willing to bet someone would help a 32 yr old damsel out anytime.

chic.
16th October, 2009, 07:25 PM
click on the link