PDA

View Full Version : Briked PCR2.1 after unlocking

Joxer
23rd April, 2017, 09:54 AM
A friend with CMDFLASH OBD SLAVE call me to help him unlock PCR2.1
When i arive he read OBD with CMD and openend the ecu.

I Unlock ECU with KESS Clone, like i have done multiple times before witout problems.
I read EEPROM and saved it and after that i unlock. all operation succesfull.
I did however did not check if ECU was unlocked, but ECU was not openend before and client is 1st owner and no work done before.

After ecu put back in the car.. no comms nothing. no crank.
Can somebody with X17 check my eprom if its corruped and stuck in bootmode.

i have read the EEProm with kess multple times and compared the data all was 100% the same.
I have restored the Eprom with programmer fysical on the otherside of the ecu. no luck starting.
I can read and write Eprom with kess, but for the rest nothing.

VW Caddy 2014
03L907425C
HW: H43
Continental 5WP42902AA

Thanks

smirnoff_rules
23rd April, 2017, 10:36 AM
l can see your chassis number is corrupt
https://i.gyazo.com/9f9bcb50144dba6e69f69e8d7842f115.png
with his another eeprom l know is ok and chassis number is ok
https://i.gyazo.com/21096e1bd150c65b72fdcea31289acee.png

have changed in this file but there might be others corrupted

Joxer
23rd April, 2017, 11:01 AM
Thanks, but my guess is when vin is corrupted, more will be corruped.

Smirnoff

I load your dump, but when read again with Ktag VIN knackered. my dump reads VIN OK?
I did not test on the car, as the car is not with me

Thanks anyway

lsdlsd88
23rd April, 2017, 11:46 AM
l can see your chassis number is corrupt

with his another eeprom l know is ok and chassis number is ok

can you explain what do you mean as "corrupted"? I can't see what is wrong. bare with me it's the first time i look at a eeprom dump. here in comparision with another from golf 6 (see attach).

then I don't understand why the file YOU uploaded is shifted by 1 byte, and so have also 1 byte less size than original.

thanks for replying

smirnoff_rules
23rd April, 2017, 12:39 PM
l just noticed the D in he chassis is different to a normal D ,, l have know idea why it looks like that

lsdlsd88
23rd April, 2017, 04:37 PM
I don't think that is part of VIN, as you see from the other dump.

cawadany
24th April, 2017, 07:52 AM
Did you used resistors to read and write eprom?

teamtuner
24th April, 2017, 12:35 PM
can you read now by obd this ecu?

roman61
24th April, 2017, 02:28 PM
anytime unlock unit with ktag!!!! i dont know why but kess have lot of problem with unlock this unit .

electronicservicemate
24th April, 2017, 09:04 PM
I think not problem in kess, ecu have problem before or some in opening ecu make problem, check all on board and check you see id of ecu on car, good luck

koyot
24th April, 2017, 10:08 PM
post skrenshot

Joxer
24th April, 2017, 10:30 PM
I did use the transistors when reading EEprom and unlocking.
with kess never get ID, i can still read eeprom and when i do with ktag i get ID
but still no comms.

Today try to solve it with vas online and a used ecu with same partnr same hw nr. Turns out i need and CAYE ecu and the used ecu is CAYC�� vas online wasn't taking it. So tomorrow i go for another used ecu CAYE and hope this is going to work.

i tried loading Eeprom and flash from the orignal ecu. Vas would recognise the used with the correct vin and engine type. But still would not buy it��.

thanks for helping

electronicservicemate
25th April, 2017, 07:36 AM
When you conect ecu on car and give ignition. Engine relay clicking and mill light on dash blinking or nothing happens

Poslano sa mog Lenovo P1c72 koristeći Tapatalk

kennfeld
25th April, 2017, 08:10 AM
what are that first two picture the vin change ... can not apply to initial car then !

kennfeld
25th April, 2017, 08:14 AM
l just noticed the D in he chassis is different to a normal D ,, l have know idea why it looks like that

that d is not in the vin it's before

Joxer
25th April, 2017, 09:33 PM
Solved it with a used ecu, hooked up with vas online and after i unlocked it again.

Make sure the used engine ecu has the right engine code. my first attempt had matching numbers on the sticker. but was for an other engine code, but would not work with vas online.

Thanks