PDA

View Full Version : Password for files

klaudio
26th April, 2017, 10:14 PM
Hi DK members,

I am wondering why does everyone always password files, is there such a rule? The way I look is that this is an open forum, I don't mind sharing any information, if members appreciate my help they will thank me and give me reputation, if they don't they don't, I will not cry about it. Is like they are trying to get as much thanks as they can, I'm not trying to be the best, I started to be a bit like everyone else when I first join the forum wanting thanks and rep, but I'm over it now. So when I share something I do it for everyone not just the people that only give you thanks and rep, I've seen so many post that members will ask for thanks and rep from other members just to read that the file they sent back is useless, ex: did not work, but thanks were given, which is fair enough because we are all trying to help and doesn't necessarily means it will work. If I download any file that is of use to me I thank whoever posted, even if it is and old post.

I am fun and thankful to be a part of this forum, it has been very helpful to me as far as files and knowledge.

I read this rule on the forum

35. And finally,DK is a sharing community which means we all give a bit and take a bit, NOT JUST TAKE !!!

Unless there is something I don't know. Have a nice day. :):):)

metercar
27th April, 2017, 12:37 AM
hi mate i attached a list of common passwords on dk

the password for the rar is "passplease" good luck

mprog
27th April, 2017, 01:16 AM
"meat_head_is_gay" LOL :D

klaudio
27th April, 2017, 01:57 AM
hi mate i attached a list of common passwords on dk

the password for the rar is "passplease" good luck

Muchas gracias (Thank you very much)

metercar
27th April, 2017, 06:02 PM

Strange password surely some french friend

steveleo
28th April, 2017, 12:21 PM
And excatly to protect some members from breaking rule 35 is why you put a password ;-)

I read this rule on the forum

35. And finally,DK is a sharing community which means we all give a bit and take a bit, NOT JUST TAKE !!!

Unless there is something I don't know. Have a nice day. :):):)

klaudio
28th April, 2017, 09:17 PM
And excatly to protect some members from breaking rule 35 is why you put a password ;-)

Ummm, there's a lot of newbies that would not be able to give a bit, when I first started, I could not give any, now after a while, I am able to give some. Sometimes I tried to ask for help from this so password to ask by pm or post it, guess what, inbox full or never got the password after asking on post. Waste of time to ask.
Lol , protect what? leechers, lol at one stage or another we are all leech one file here or there, so if you never leech a file that did not have a password and used it and work for you, by all means put a password on every file you want to share.

​Some people just want glory instead of acknowledgment.

Thanks and reputation is earned, not ask for.

Have a nice day.

steveleo
28th April, 2017, 10:22 PM
Look. I think at the end anybody who want to protect his work for someone else can do this with a password. You give something free without password, help someone and a couple of days later you see your solution you gave free on forum in the sales department... If the things are simple there is no password needed.

If i for example put a password on the file then i send it the same moment i post the file to the guys pm box. So at the end you choose if you thank or not. This PM for Rep&Thx, yes, that sucks. I fully agree.

​Some people just want glory instead of acknowledgment.

Thanks and reputation is earned, not ask for.

Have a nice day.

Meat-Head
28th April, 2017, 10:31 PM

The rules also state no flaming new members!

and you are??

mprog

Thanks
Downloads
Uploads

klaudio
29th April, 2017, 12:51 AM
Look. I think at the end anybody who want to protect his work for someone else can do this with a password.

This PM for Rep&Thx, yes, that sucks. I fully agree.

If anybody who want to protect his work with someone else "should not share at all, if they know that someone, it should be ask by pm, not in open forum for everyone to see if they don't want to share" If they don't know them is just as good as any member of the forum asking for help, give a little without asking for rewards.

steveleo
29th April, 2017, 06:36 AM
Dude, i think we are stuck here :-D. Did somebody hurt your feelings by not giving you a password? This is a open forum and everybody decides what to do with HIS work. Oh, and check your "Thanked". We both joined same month last year. But why did i thank other guys work 10 times more??

Cheers

klaudio
29th April, 2017, 07:13 AM
Is not that I'm hurt, I did a few thanks and rep, try to pm for pass inbox is full, so you can never get a pw, also seen post from other members saying my inbox is getting full, here is the pw, the way I look at it if you want to offer pw by pm, at least they could empty the inbox once in a while so you can pass the pw, instead of looking everyday to see if the inbox is not full and also avoid 5 pages of people asking for pw on that particular post. So i wonder if people let their inbox full to get heaps of thanks, they should post videos better, probably get more views than thanks, lol

richard27
29th April, 2017, 11:05 AM
hello Password is important The reason we share good people here information But it is not good to share an encrypted vehicle file without a password
Not everybody here can be a locksmith This is my thought thanks

steveleo
29th April, 2017, 04:59 PM
Hehe, yes. But i think these Rep-Hunters are guys that upload sw they found somewhere, put a password on top and fish for rep and thanks. Same shit happens if they find a sw, put winlicense on top of a free or cracked sw and then fish for Thx/Rep for sending the registration. It's a different story if you passprotect a dataset for one specific car. And anybody who asked (and had sent a least some thanks to other guys) received the password. At least from me.

Is not that I'm hurt, I did a few thanks and rep, try to pm for pass inbox is full, so you can never get a pw, also seen post from other members saying my inbox is getting full, here is the pw, the way I look at it if you want to offer pw by pm, at least they could empty the inbox once in a while so you can pass the pw, instead of looking everyday to see if the inbox is not full and also avoid 5 pages of people asking for pw on that particular post. So i wonder if people let their inbox full to get heaps of thanks, they should post videos better, probably get more views than thanks, lol

morgano
29th April, 2017, 05:15 PM
DK is free help, not free leech. And no one is OBLIGUED TO HELP. That's why passwords are set. I help the one i want and when i want. I decide who i spread my knowledge with. Of course the REP recollectors mentioned before exist and are between us, and leechers that come ask help and after that no thanks no report no nothing, just fly until the next time their ass is in flames with a problem. Passwords are for them too.

klaudio
29th April, 2017, 08:10 PM
I agree, main point after all, if you send a file for a personal individual, by all means, you post something for everyone, take the responsibility of emptying the inbox and reply.

lidons
29th April, 2017, 08:32 PM
@Klaudio
You do not try to learn to fly without knowing still running. :)
Stay active in the forum, and you will see its reward. :)

lion0304
30th April, 2017, 05:23 AM
I agree, main point after all, if you send a file for a personal individual, by all means, you post something for everyone, take the responsibility of emptying the inbox and reply.

Password is here to protect to all leechers, who don't contribute to forum.

Forum stay open to exchange between collegues, for education, learning, teaching in some case.

But forum has his own rules and all members need to know.

If you complain about password, that meaning you take something from members for free and didn't keepping yor trace by clicking the Thanks.

If you are here for learning, you need to read, read and read....firstly. If you have some skills, try to help members.

If you have technican problem, you can explaint what it is.

This forum is not your complain room.

simplo
30th April, 2017, 09:08 AM
This forum is not your complain room.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha haaa

klaudio
30th April, 2017, 10:27 PM
Password is here to protect to all leechers, who don't contribute to forum.

Forum stay open to exchange between collegues, for education, learning, teaching in some case.

But forum has his own rules and all members need to know.

If you complain about password, that meaning you take something from members for free and didn't keepping yor trace by clicking the Thanks.

If you are here for learning, you need to read, read and read....firstly. If you have some skills, try to help members.

If you have technican problem, you can explaint what it is.

This forum is not your complain room.

This will be my last post regarding this password for files. All newbies, which are more likely starting with little skills, so we can call all of them leeches, I do help, I have helped, now I don't ask for passwords, unless I ask for my own problem seeking answers, not the ones that offer sw or similar for glory. I know that not everyone on this forum is doing immo or leeching for legitimate reasons, on the same page if one of these non legitimate members ask for a solution and one is given with a pw, they're still getting help.

Many times I see post that I could help and other members have already given a solution, so is no point of posting the same answer. At the same time, I do leech some files, not because I need it, reason is that I would like to help and educate myself more, I'm still a newbie on this field, sorry if I offended or hurt anyone feelings, it was not my intention, to me it was more of an observation than a complaint and was trying to understand if members pw files for more than just glory.

No hard feelings :rofl: keep on driving and thriving.

Johnner
30th April, 2017, 10:38 PM
Klaudio,

It's people like you that make forums like this great....you come in..have nothing to offer...ask for help...then when you do get up and running on your feet,you're in a position to offer help to other members...which you have done in spades

And thankfully so...it is much appreciated

The password thing will sort itself out in time...the more posts you have...and helping others out...the more inclined other members are to respond to your password requests by PM,favourably

Our biggest problem here,and as with other similar fora...is that there are too many smash and grab merchants...only here for the good stuff...and contribute nothing

Keep the faith my friend... :top:

szengen
30th April, 2017, 10:48 PM
The belief that the pin is vin, or Nostradamus, he knew ?

morgano
30th April, 2017, 11:41 PM
Don't worry, i guess no one thinks you offend or try to. It is just the passwords questions has been discused many times and most of them were started by newbies complaining about the pass and not find all solutions for free on silver plate and sorted in alphabetical order :)

This is a forum, everybody has his own way of doing things, that is not a problem. It is as good you posting files without password as others posting with it.

The only password that must be prosecuted here is the one that protects a file in the public forums with the sole intention to exchange it by money in private. If you post on DK you post for free. If want to charge don't post pw protected file on public forum or me and many other will report and johnner or premierd will come and kick your ass well.

Easy as that. Enjoy your time between us ;)

metercar
2nd May, 2017, 02:12 AM
I posted files with pass to protect to all people of the incorrect content of the binary code :)

please friends this is a very legend old if a zipped file is protected then contact with MP to the member if this not respond the code into the rar is incorrect :toss:

off topic 1: the pass saying "meat-head is....." this is true :damnmate:

off topic 2: I am from the country with more leeches and I take the opportunity to ask for forgiveness for that

alonedark
2nd October, 2022, 03:45 AM
another on for the list acachatequevoy