PDA

View Full Version : new ex5000 pvr

abillycongo
2nd August, 2008, 11:37 PM
can any help. i am still struggling with my set up.i have this message on the screen after i've done power scan and want to update channels" no transpoder to scan"

squirreluk
5th August, 2008, 02:26 PM
can any help. i am still struggling with my set up.i have this message on the screen after i've done power scan and want to update channels" no transpoder to scan"

you will need to give us a few details so we can help you. 1) how have you connected your Eurovox to your cable supply? 2) are you using a splitter? 3) do you have a v/m box as well and if so are you getting a good signal with that?

That should do for now

chinkoblinko
6th August, 2008, 08:06 AM
Hi,

I had this problem when I first set mine up a few days ago. You need to select a different frequency and then scan again. There are only three to choose from and one of these will work!

Keast44
8th August, 2008, 08:00 AM
Hi, I'm new to all this and have just tried to set up my EX5000 PVR also without any luck. I've got a signal strength in the 70s to 80s and when doing a power scan the signal and level bars are up in the 90s. When scan is complete there are no channels available and no transponder found??? I've tried all 3 different scan settings and the instructions doesn't mention a need to download firmware so any help would be appreciated??????

marvo
8th August, 2008, 08:32 AM
eurovox pvr v1.1a ,,look in downloads at top of page.

Keast44
8th August, 2008, 09:10 AM
Thanks, I'll try to download the firmware and see where it gets me??

benny1234black
10th August, 2008, 08:45 PM
when you dowwnload the firmware do you have to do a channel update also?

abillycongo
12th August, 2008, 05:41 PM
hi there,
i am up and running now.i had to remove my splitter and scan after that all the channels appeared.i have refixed my splitter for my broadband:viking::viking: and there is no problem. i did not even flash it. thanks all once again
abilly

marvo
12th August, 2008, 08:50 PM
your better doing a system reset benny re load the firmware, then a new scan,,clear the decks so as to speak,,i had a bit of trouble with channels not going into favs.

Keast44
13th August, 2008, 07:36 AM
I've flashed the firmware with 1.1 but still no luck, the signal is around the 70% mark before scanning for channels but seems to drop to 8% for a split second and then returns. While doing a power scan, (have tried all 3 ranges), the percentages are up in the 90%'s but during this scan I still get a "TP 0" signal and nothing comes into the channel section it remains blank. After the scan is complete, there are no channels picked up and when I try an update channels I get a "No Transponder" message. Have ta:smokin:ken out the splitter and tried the connection straight into the back of the box but still the same input quality of signal?? When I reconnect the cable back to the tv I get the cable channels I had before no problem. Does anyone have any other ideas or fixes?

Handelprod
18th October, 2008, 10:40 AM
I'm having exactly the same problem as you mate - no channels at all but I have flashed the box with the latest upgrade and tried all the frequencies - anybody got any ideas?

thered
18th October, 2008, 10:52 AM
what box you got m8

pacman362
18th October, 2008, 04:38 PM
I think its a EX500 and i bet there on the old TW network these boxes are a right f***r to scan on TW as they miss all but a few transponders !! i have to put an old eurovox channel list onto it first then re'scan to get any joy out of these poxy things, after that there fine though.

scouses r us
1st February, 2009, 05:30 PM
your better doing a system reset benny re load the firmware, then a new scan,,clear the decks so as to speak,,i had a bit of trouble with channels not going into favs.

alright mate just thought u mite help. am having trouble with me
ex5000 put new firmware on.
getting all the channels sound but there not saving on to favs automatic. i did save the data and flashed it back but wean i go
to favs it just says no channels saved.
i no u can set the favs up ur self but its a f**kin pain.
i liked it the way it was be for. will i have to do a reset then flash the box again. thanks any help

Moose Man
1st February, 2009, 06:59 PM
Hi, I have just hooked up an EX5100 and was getting the same message and found that I had hooked the main input into the aerial socket (DUH). Once I had rectified this it scanned ok, however I was under the impression that it would pick up a lot more channels than it does. It lists up to about 120 but only half work.

Handelprod
2nd February, 2009, 06:13 PM
Hi, I have just hooked up an EX5100 and was getting the same message and found that I had hooked the main input into the aerial socket (DUH). Once I had rectified this it scanned ok, however I was under the impression that it would pick up a lot more channels than it does. It lists up to about 120 but only half work.

I solved my problem by going to my mates house in a different area and scanning again - this solved it! I have about 250 channels with about 200 working all the time - some only work at certain hours of the day:party :