PDA

View Full Version : microsoft

moderngirl
7th October, 2009, 11:21 AM
whats the best way to get round the genuine updates? i keep getting a message stating my copy isnt ligit and are giving me 15days, looks like ive been done by a copy i borrowed from a friend. arrgh.

Hope someone can advise me in the right direction.

Elric
7th October, 2009, 11:39 AM
you could buy the legit disc or look for 'studant key' or d/load
a copy from your fav d/load site

moderngirl
7th October, 2009, 12:01 PM
thanks, if i do the latter one, will my ip adress not be logged? is it so simple that i just uninstall the copy i have and replace it, without detection.

Elric
7th October, 2009, 12:32 PM
as long as the d/loaded one has the wga fix allready on the
o/s this will be ok,and if you concern about your ip being shown,you can d/load via proxy

moderngirl
7th October, 2009, 12:35 PM
o/s ( how will i know this? will it be stated? )
if you concern about your ip being shown,you can d/load via proxy ( how do i do this? )

Thanks for your help, i realise i only have little knowledge in things like this.

Elric
7th October, 2009, 09:49 PM
o/s ( how will i know this? will it be stated? )
if you concern about your ip being shown,you can d/load via proxy ( how do i do this? )

Thanks for your help, i realise i only have little knowledge in things like this.

it normaly states whether or not the wga is fixed

and for the proxies have a read here >>>>Proxy 4 Free - Public Proxy Servers, Anonymous Proxy, Proxy List - Protect Your Online Privacy! (http://www.proxy4free.com/index.html)

chroma
8th October, 2009, 01:22 AM
just look for windows XP "STUDENT EDITION" it doesnt need a key, its intended for multiple copies and therefore you wont get busted.

I used the student edition for a good number of years without any ill effects.