PDA

View Full Version : repair dashboard scenic 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

pimo
7th October, 2009, 12:23 PM
hi for repair dashboard scenic2 (renault price part 750 euros HT)

rempl 1 transistor (3 euros)

LOL

The methode is in french for change but there is picture.:devil::devil::devil:

sorry for my english :cobblers:i m french:ciao::ciao:

grezacediagnostics
7th October, 2009, 06:55 PM
sorry for my ignorance but primo please could you translate instructions to english, that be great by the way top thread.
I like it alot!

pimo
7th October, 2009, 08:15 PM
i am poor in English I leave translation has a clever person in this forum. when one to want to understand they make one try hard

:manutop:

Meat-Head
7th October, 2009, 09:18 PM
what i don't understand is

a) if the silicon chip that switches to overload on a vfd inverter goes down, why does the milage change

b) why if you swing on the grey plug it comes to life?

PremierD
8th October, 2009, 11:13 AM
Could it be something to do with a Dry joint mate.......?

Meat-Head
8th October, 2009, 11:50 AM
Could it be something to do with a Dry joint mate.......?

not going to argure with you, but going have to say no, because the first time we see one of these we swung on the grey plug and up it come, we stripped it and no dry joints, everybody in the world checked it nothing, so it ended up at ecutesting.c*m ?200+vat (think) sorted

2nd after 1st one i asked the bast*ard all the regular stupid questions they ask, milage radio type insdie leg measurement etc. refits them we were non the wiser phones up a week later got an extra 18,000 miles on it!!!!!

but when we swung on the grey plug it was still dead, customer knew what currant maiklage was we didn't

PremierD
8th October, 2009, 02:48 PM
I am getting in Half a dozen fcuked ones mate ... I'll get to he bottom of it..and post the results.. ( and maybe sell them for a big note insted of two )....

cartechnic
8th October, 2009, 04:48 PM
Hope this comes in Dutch too

PremierD
8th October, 2009, 08:30 PM
It comes in whatever languge you need mate..If you go to Babblefish...

smirnoff_rules
8th October, 2009, 08:32 PM
just on watch dog if u paid for repair u get your money back or if its gone they will replace for 100 quid now

Meat-Head
8th October, 2009, 08:37 PM
just on watch dog if u paid for repair u get your money back or if its gone they will replace for 100 quid now

Just hope the bloke that is in next week dosen't see that.

good excuse to say "we have your money now F**k off"

mikac
10th October, 2009, 11:08 AM
Hi . I need help with repairing Scenic 2 , dashboard. (odometer) . If anybody know somthing about , please contact me. Thank's

smirnoff_rules
10th October, 2009, 11:10 AM
Hi . I need help with repairing Scenic 2 , dashboard. (odometer) . If anybody know somthing about , please contact me. Thank's

Renault r doing them for under and 100 pounds now m8 for a new clock fitted

mikac
10th October, 2009, 11:13 AM
I see , The PIMO , have some instruction manual for repairing. Can i get that pdf file ??
p.s. sory about my bad english

pimo
10th October, 2009, 01:12 PM
that have information from the odometer these dashboards.
after several searches the EPROM would 93C56

The mileage is stored in the next lines:
0000: 1D BF E2 40 00 01 1D BF E2 40 00 01 1D BF E2 40
0010: 00 01 1D BF E2 40 00 01 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
where the next bytes:
1D BF E2 40 00 01 - is a mileage

it's exactly?

mikac
10th October, 2009, 01:47 PM
Thank you for that , but my problem is not in mileage. My dash do not work at all. Just black screen. dash went to black , at the ride .so i need some repair manual , or any help with
thank's

smirnoff_rules
10th October, 2009, 01:51 PM
wots wrong with the file in post 1 ?

pimo
11th October, 2009, 12:53 PM
MIKAC

open your eyes the manual is in pdf format in the first post:thrasher:

pimo
11th October, 2009, 12:55 PM
who have information for modified odometer dashboard scenic2?

PICTURE or manual

russrace
12th October, 2009, 11:20 AM
well i had same problem with scenic cluster blank display..
found a 2nd hand one about a week later mileage jumped about 50 000 km.. why????

n-i-t-r-o-
12th October, 2009, 01:24 PM
Same problem here...I just pay 100e for repair. DAMMMM Renault

fubinator
18th October, 2009, 09:47 AM
Same problem here...I just pay 100e for repair. DAMMMM Renault

same problem with my dashboard cost 1000e

wiggyshome
22nd October, 2009, 08:08 AM
I HAVE TRASLATED THE BEST I COULD

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CLOVPY2B)

gadget78
22nd October, 2009, 10:20 PM
well i work in renault garage (for what feels like 24/7) senior tech ...
and ive fixed many of these ...

its basicly that all above the VFD convertor gets VERY hot, and thus dries all the solder out ..
you get many places that needs re-flowing..
its never just one spot its like all the resistors near gray plug leading out from the fuse ...

it normally starts with the clock not keeping time ...
then the dash starts to flicker
then eventually losing the display alltogether !!

will have to get a pic of the board next time i have one in and post it up ....

Mick ...

(ps my first post ... looks like a very helpfull board this one :))

gadget78
25th October, 2009, 01:34 PM
had one in friday :) so took a snap before i fixed/reflowed it
marked up ll the points that defo needs reflowing evrytime and the parts that could do ...

also a Q to pimo, i presume you have to remove the VFD screen to access the EPROM 93C56?
or can you do it in circuit, and with VFD screen in place ??

Hope it helps some one :)

Mick ...

PremierD
25th October, 2009, 02:55 PM
Sorry mate it will not read in circuit... But you can remove eeprom..using a hot air station ..and a pair of long thin tweezers...Done loads of them this way...But be carefull of the very small sm components around the c56... Alternativley unsoder one side of the display ... About 8 or so connections ..and lift up..(carefully of course)...

Meat-Head
25th October, 2009, 07:15 PM
Sorry mate it will not read in circuit... But you can remove eeprom..using a hot air station ..and a pair of long thin tweezers...Done loads of them this way...But be carefull of the very small sm components around the c56... Alternativley unsoder one side of the display ... About 8 or so connections ..and lift up..(carefully of course)...

ok, how do you get the thing back in?

and why does it get corrupted?

PremierD
25th October, 2009, 07:28 PM
ok, how do you get the thing back in?

and why does it get corrupted?....

Reverse the hot air blower.. to suck....Seriously though it is the same but in reverse .Carfully position the eeprom on the pads and with a thin bolt tack down the corner nearest you .. Add a drop of flux ..hold in positom with the tweezers ..gently heat with hot air .. Job done mate ..Simples..(after you have done it a few times..).. An easier way if your not confident is to unsoder one side of the screen..and lift up..Then you can easily see the c56 ... As for corrupting... Never have mate..Except when I tried to connect in circuit,after belling the connections to the back side of the board...Erased it..But had a few dumps to repair it..(lucky eh!)

sisouna
28th October, 2009, 11:54 PM
Hi guys,
For those of you having some French knowledges, here is a link where you can find more details and pictures: http://www.planeterenault.com/forum/scenic-ii-tableau-de-bord-en-panne-t21643-72.html
Cheers,
Sisouna - Roby

velle1203
6th November, 2009, 01:43 PM
how t repair a dashboard off a scenic2

bnad3m
6th November, 2009, 03:39 PM
how t repair a dashboard off a scenic2

pdf file in the first post on this thread m8...

Meat-Head
6th November, 2009, 07:30 PM

Reverse the hot air blower.. to suck....Seriously though it is the same but in reverse .Carfully position the eeprom on the pads and with a thin bolt tack down the corner nearest you .. Add a drop of flux ..hold in positom with the tweezers ..gently heat with hot air .. Job done mate ..Simples..(after you have done it a few times..).. An easier way if your not confident is to unsoder one side of the screen..and lift up..Then you can easily see the c56 ... As for corrupting... Never have mate..Except when I tried to connect in circuit,after belling the connections to the back side of the board...Erased it..But had a few dumps to repair it..(lucky eh!)

can you do a video the next time you do one (any thing)

morfeo
10th November, 2009, 12:16 PM
See if the fuse is broken!!!

zent
10th November, 2009, 07:11 PM
fuse smd dashboar amp???

morfeo
10th November, 2009, 07:19 PM
fuse smd dashboar amp???

yes check fuse smd between the plug gray and the coil...check continuity

ScenikII
16th November, 2009, 11:32 AM
please, anyone know how to change the language in dashboard?

enzo.me
16th November, 2009, 07:18 PM
please, anyone know how to change the Km in Miles in dashboard? I prefer miles. Thanks :dontknow:

PremierD
16th November, 2009, 07:28 PM
please, anyone know how to change the Km in Miles in dashboard? I prefer miles. Thanks :dontknow:
Press the set button for time/date... Then scroll through the options ..untill you see English .... the display will now show in miles .... But so will everthing else (display in English that is....)

enzo.me
16th November, 2009, 07:36 PM
Press the set button for time/date... Then scroll through the options ..untill you see English .... the display will now show in miles .... But so will everthing else (display in English that is....)

Thanks. But it is possible to have Italian language and miles at same time? It was this the real question but i wrote badly :stupido3:

PremierD
16th November, 2009, 07:48 PM
Thanks. But it is possible to have Italian language and miles at same time? It was this the real question but i wrote badly :stupido3:

I very much doubt it mate ....As in Italy ... And everywhere else in Europe ..KM's is the Standard ..Its only in dear old Blighty that we count in miles....(personally I never saw anything wrong with there being 1760 yards in 1 Mile)

I put it down to it being easier to Count For the rest of the world if you make it multables of 10.....(better well who knows )....

enzo.me
16th November, 2009, 08:12 PM
I very much doubt it mate ....As in Italy ... And everywhere else in Europe ..KM's is the Standard ..Its only in dear old Blighty that we count in miles....(personally I never saw anything wrong with there being 1760 yards in 1 Mile)

I put it down to it being easier to Count For the rest of the world if you make it multables of 10.....(better well who knows )....

It is very simple for me to calculate km in miles and viceversa.
it is only a curiosity. :ciao:

PremierD
16th November, 2009, 08:17 PM
It is very simple for me to calculate km in miles and viceversa.
it is only a curiosity. :ciao:

That went right over your head mate ..did'nt it..Never mind ...:ciao:

blowmonkey15
17th November, 2009, 11:27 AM
can anyone tell me how to get the dashboard display out mine has just gone blank hope its just a dry joint:questionmark:
thanks
its a 1.5dci

ScenikII
17th November, 2009, 11:31 AM
that have information from the odometer these dashboards.
after several searches the EPROM would 93C56

The mileage is stored in the next lines:
0000: 1D BF E2 40 00 01 1D BF E2 40 00 01 1D BF E2 40
0010: 00 01 1D BF E2 40 00 01 xx xx xx xx xx xx xx xx
where the next bytes:
1D BF E2 40 00 01 - is a mileage

it's exactly?

Please, to stay in 122000km how do I do?

xuniter
22nd November, 2009, 11:49 AM
i got the same issue with my scenic II 2004....and i dont have the money now to buy a new one or repair the old

smirnoff_rules
22nd November, 2009, 12:12 PM
i got the same issue with my scenic II 2004....and i dont have the money now to buy a new one or repair the old

take it back to renault they repair them for free in the uk

? Previous | Main | Next ?
Renault gets lost on the Scenic route

Post categories: Cars and transport

Rob Unsworth - editor | 17:31 UK time, Wednesday, 7 October 2009

Update 15 October 2009

Following last week's story on Watchdog, Renault has issued the following statement:

"Renault aims to provide the best possible service to its customers and is concerned that some owners have experienced problems with the Scenic II instrument panel losing its display.

"If a Scenic II owner has had their vehicle's instrument panel repaired or replaced outside of the Renault UK Dealer network before 1 November this year and has paid more than ?100, we invite them to contact our Customer Services department, with both proof of ownership and suitable proof of the repair or replacement, and we will arrange a refund of the difference.

"Our recommendation is that, in the event of an instrument panel losing its display, owners of a Scenic II should take their car to a Renault UK Dealer where the panel will be replaced. This will either be free of charge, if the vehicle is under three years old and has a mileage lower than 60,000 miles, or for ?100, if it falls outside either of these criteria.

Meat-Head
22nd November, 2009, 12:17 PM
take it back to renault they repair them for free in the uk

If you have had yours repaired by an independant company, then if you take your invoice to them they (apparantly) refund you, but the invoice must have, reg number, name/address of customer, inside leg meausrment and a recipe for cheese on toast.! Otherwise they don't pay.

peteralm
4th December, 2009, 08:15 PM
Hi

sorry for my poor english. I have a scenic from 2003 and have also Problem with my dashboard. The counter for kilometers goes up to from 106345 to 112345 what can i do?

morfeo
4th December, 2009, 11:02 PM
need repair it and reprogram m93c56!!

Multivac
7th December, 2009, 10:40 AM
Ihave the same problems

LOL

mizzard
14th December, 2009, 11:59 PM
I have a broken dashboard, in a few days I will try to repair it and I will comment my results!!

ScenikII
16th December, 2009, 03:47 PM
Please, to stay in 122000km how do I do?

no one answered??

Satellit2002
20th December, 2009, 09:58 PM
@SCENIKII

Pse send me the dump of the 93c56 - i?ll correct you the file.

morfeo
21st December, 2009, 12:20 AM
post the dump!

Turbo5GT
21st December, 2009, 08:34 PM
:burnout:Hello, here in South Afrfica the dealers will replace for 90euros for all 2004-2005 models.

jp_olli
8th January, 2010, 07:14 AM
I?ve also been repairing these dashboards.

Usually I check first the fuse, then the resistance between mosfet gate and source. The 30ohm resistor I usually loose from the other end.

After replacing the needed parts I resolder the whole power supply section with flux to remove any oxidation between components and solder pads.

I hope I had those french instructions when I started... Sometimes it was like :banghead:

Now it?s jus routine.

I?d be interested to know how to change the mileage because a lot of clients would appreciate it.

svrecar
8th January, 2010, 11:48 AM
For mileage is simple.... :lollypop:
Use this...amm how can i attach a file ?

Regards

svrecar
8th January, 2010, 12:05 PM
For mileage is simple.... :lollypop:
Use this...amm how can i attach a file ?

Regards

O.K. here it is... :ciao:

jp_olli
9th January, 2010, 09:58 PM
So now that i can calculate the correct values to the memory I suppose I?d need some flashing tools and a editor to modify the parameters.

I?m new with correcting the odometer so wich tools should I get?

EDIT: Would Willem programmer do the job with some hex editor?

melcool
9th January, 2010, 10:12 PM
So now that i can calculate the correct values to the memory I suppose I?d need some flashing tools and a editor to modify the parameters.

I?m new with correcting the odometer so wich tools should I get?

TACHO UNIVERSAL ( DIGA ) (must have) !
SUPER DASH CODER
ENIGMA TOOL (if you can afford) no offense !

jp_olli
9th January, 2010, 10:42 PM
So just for correcting the mileage I need the calculator and TACHO UNIVERSAL / SUPER DASH CODER?

I will not buy the Enigma (yet), because I will soon get Launch Autobook.

But when I repair a cluster wich has been sent to me it would be better to check the supplied mileage from the memory with some programming tool.

It would be so much easier to check it in a test enviroment, but haven?t made one yet.

Having Willem programmer would though open the opportunity to make copies of some circuits.

melcool
9th January, 2010, 10:56 PM
So just for correcting the mileage I need the calculator and TACHO UNIVERSAL / SUPER DASH CODER?

I will not buy the Enigma (yet), because I will soon get Launch Autobook.

But when I repair a cluster wich has been sent to me it would be better to check the supplied mileage from the memory with some programming tool.

It would be so much easier to check it in a test enviroment, but haven?t made one yet.

Having Willem programmer would though open the opportunity to make copies of some circuits.

TACHO UNIVERSAL / SUPER DASH CODER / ENIGMA etc. are not only calculators ...they are hardware+software... each... dedicated for changing the mileage and not only(see ENIGMA)!
If you want only to read/write (backup/correction ) the memory of the cluster I would buy UPA/USB from ELRASOFT Products (http://elrasoft.com/uusp.htm) + calculator software like TachoSoft mileage calculator, etc...for start.

jp_olli
9th January, 2010, 11:20 PM
Enigma would be great...

I think I will get UPA/USB at some point. Hope they have a clip-on socket or an adaptor for the SOT8 case.

Thanks for the help.

melcool
9th January, 2010, 11:25 PM
Enigma would be great...

I think I will get UPA/USB at some point. Hope they have a clip-on socket or an adaptor for the SOT8 case.

Thanks for the help.

No UPA/USB don't have clips... but you can use the clips from TACHO UNIVERSAL kit! lol for reading serial eeprom with UPA

florinyes
10th January, 2010, 02:17 PM
Hi

Can you do mileage correction on new sprinter and crafter using the upa from eralsoft? It may seem a stupid question but no experience at all using programmers. (willing to learn though)

Nice board, keep the good post coming.

Ta

PremierD
10th January, 2010, 02:25 PM
Hi

Can you do mileage correction on new sprinter and crafter using the upa from eralsoft? It may seem a stupid question but no experience at all using programmers. (willing to learn though)

Nice board, keep the good post coming.

Ta

No is the short answer mate .... 9s12 /908... mcu in the ezs... 95640 eeprom in dash ...

ggpanos
21st February, 2010, 11:54 AM
same problem with my dashboard cost 1000e

There are 2 types. The cheap dash does not have the CanBus interface chip inside.... :)

claps2000
2nd March, 2010, 06:33 PM
ok,
I disassembled the dashboard, I have identified the transistor (abbreviated E3710s).
Problem: It's probably rebranded. What can I mount an equivalent transistor that is available on the market?

Viliuxxx
10th March, 2010, 11:24 AM
Please help. How on a table to check up this dash without the car?

vampirodauva
10th March, 2010, 11:38 AM
hi friend
you need one emulator
see this
Universal emulator - can emulate all BMW, Mercedes, Fiat, Mazda, Suzuki airbag occupancy sensor (mat sensor), Renault dashboard CAN bus, BMW I-bus (http://www.codecard.lt/airbag/universal-emulator-can-emulate-all-bmw-mercedes-fiat-mazda-suzuki-airbag-occupancy-sensor-mat-sensor-renault-dashboard-can-bus-bmw-i-bus/prod_331.html)
regards

ivoo
10th March, 2010, 11:39 AM
You must connect pin 1 of Red connector to +12V via R=1K and dashboard will start only clock.
Or can buy "Renault CAN bus emulator"
Universal emulator - can emulate all BMW, Mercedes, Fiat, Mazda, Suzuki airbag occupancy sensor (mat sensor), Renault dashboard CAN bus, BMW I-bus (http://www.codecard.lt/airbag/universal-emulator-can-emulate-all-bmw-mercedes-fiat-mazda-suzuki-airbag-occupancy-sensor-mat-sensor-renault-dashboard-can-bus-bmw-i-bus/prod_331.html)

rvh87renault
12th March, 2010, 09:35 PM
I have bin searching for a long time now and it came to my notes that this is a very common problem, so than I wonder why doesn?t Renault fix this fix!!!

rvh87renault
12th March, 2010, 11:05 PM
Is it necessary to replays the transistor? Or is it enough to just let je solder flow again? Because I am having problems with removing de display :s

moztas
12th March, 2010, 11:29 PM
Hi all,

I could repair a Scenic 2 dash one week ago. Problem was a mileage changes when push or jog the grey connector near fuse. I guess it is common problem like described in french document attached in 1st post.

I checked all small valued resitors (1R0) near grey connector and realised that all solders were broken. I resolder them and dash worked great ;)

Btw, MOSFET is IRF3710 under the display. Mine was ok but you may need to check it if someting diffrerent.

moztas

burim_buza
14th March, 2010, 12:16 AM
Hello sir, since i am a new user i can not download that file for how to repair scenic dashboard, could you please send me to my emai: burim_buza@yahoo.com.
Thanks,
Burim :devil:[
QUOTE=Meat-Head;301837]what i don't understand is

a) if the silicon chip that switches to overload on a vfd inverter goes down, why does the milage change

b) why if you swing on the grey plug it comes to life?[/QUOTE]

r6eck
14th March, 2010, 11:49 AM
Is it necessary to replays the transistor? Or is it enough to just let je solder flow again? Because I am having problems with removing de display :s

Desolder 8 pins,5 at one end and 3 at other and lift display up from one side,it will not break,done this lots of times to get at 93c56 for mileage.
Be carefull resoldering pins as its easy to bridge from pin to earth (short) so check carefully after resoldering

kusasusa
14th March, 2010, 11:13 PM
You must connect pin 1 of Red connector to +12V via R=1K and dashboard will start only clock.
Or can buy "Renault CAN bus emulator"

I took the Renault CAN bus emulator, just before it asked for experience with this emulator.

BR

Kusasusa

toledo
19th March, 2010, 07:05 PM
:wink:If not i might be able to!
If i understand the technical terminology.

albertini
26th March, 2010, 09:30 PM
yes i have the same problem

bricolo
26th March, 2010, 09:39 PM
I took the Renault CAN bus emulator, just before it asked for experience with this emulator.

BR

Kusasusa

Hi
it is a good product, works fine, i use it since 2
weeks one hour every day to test my repair
dash
regards

andye26
27th March, 2010, 01:12 AM
A good tip when repairing the dash,

Place a length of desolder braid between the SMD resistor banks and fill with solder joining the 2 banks together.

I find that this acts as a good heat sink and should help prevent any more dry joints on these resistors.

Andy

lcj1st
30th March, 2010, 10:20 PM
A good tip when repairing the dash,

Place a length of desolder braid between the SMD resistor banks and fill with solder joining the 2 banks together.

I find that this acts as a good heat sink and should help prevent any more dry joints on these resistors.

Andy

I suggest to solder also the parts nearby

joseisi
8th April, 2010, 11:51 AM
Hi, someone have the pinout from the grey socket?

bricolo
8th April, 2010, 07:56 PM
Hi
here pinout grey socket

voodocoop
21st April, 2010, 12:13 AM
yassoooooooooo

hearsageordie
25th April, 2010, 09:23 PM
I had mine fixed, then it broke again

MartinezB
1st May, 2010, 10:49 AM
Does anybody has schematic of Scenic 2 dashboard?
My displays are still blank. I've replaced fuse, IRF transistor, corrected many solder points but there is no power supply at uc2834 which drives IRF. Actually something happens at the beginning (around 6V appears) but it drops down to 0V after few seconds (voltage measured at p7 of uc2834)

traxon
5th May, 2010, 12:40 PM
Have this problem to, hope this will work

tas_daz
5th May, 2010, 07:43 PM
so to fix the dash we must take out the screen and change the transistor who i see i photo and then put solder on points?you know about dash for laguna 2?the same prob?replace the hc908az60 chip and it is ok?or i clean and write again the 908mc chip only?thanks a lot

bricolo
5th May, 2010, 07:51 PM
hi
this because the 93C56 dump is damaged try to
write in good dump and everything will OK.
it is the 93C56 how authoriz power on transfo.

avtonega
6th May, 2010, 12:03 AM
I also have a problem with this cluster, I have replaced
-93c56 memory and dump
-smd fuse
-IRF3710S

And still dead...

I think trafo is nogood?!
How can I check it?
Where can I buy newone?

letters on trafo:
EPCOS
B1787C
AZ1026MG
03 29

inzer
7th May, 2010, 12:31 AM
Hello everyone here...so did we manage to obtain the schematic for this JohnsonControls display cluster panel for the Renault Scenic yet?
Pls give me a link to this schematic, thnx.

dalishare
8th May, 2010, 03:40 PM
Anybody know oscillation frqunency of 2843 PWM Chip and the equvalent resistor of 1ohm groupement ?

It very help full because Im trying to redoing the same PWM circuit on another PCB...

thatinen
9th May, 2010, 07:53 PM
This is just a required post to get access to download the files from Scenic 2 thread...

Bulld0g
9th May, 2010, 07:58 PM
Sorry to hear that m8. DK has so much more to offer and you will be the loser if you take your download and run. Why not look around whilst your waiting and look at what you could be missing

cloudnineuk54
9th May, 2010, 08:00 PM
This is just a required post to get access to download the files from Scenic 2 thread...

please stay around mate this site has a lot more to offer,and welcome

thatinen
13th May, 2010, 10:29 AM
Hello all,
I sent a number of inquiries about various companies regarding the Scenic phase II dashboard EEPROM programmer / software, but I had only one answer (Cardiag / Digi Master II / 1799 + 100 shipping.).
That was certainly far too expensive option, but maybe trade it so well that I really don't have about five other company in any response to my emails.
It seems that the programming tool is not really found directly in this model or then the business it is far too hot that they do not have time to sell / even to offer the suitable package for me :confused:

If I manage to find a proper package for my needs I have one question to other readers of this thread:

Is it possible to read / write Scenic phase II EEPROM via PCB's grey connector or via OBD without desoldering off the hole processor?

elneo47
15th May, 2010, 09:19 PM
Merci pour le tuto

shiruban91
17th May, 2010, 05:52 PM
Bonsoir, pour moi c'est la r?sistance ? c?t? du coin sup?rieur gauche de la prise grise du tableau de bord (on la retrouve souvent en photo sur internet).
Voil?, on dirait que la m?me panne se confirme ...:banghead:

Cordialement

dollarbill
18th May, 2010, 10:29 AM
shiruban91,elneo47 use english please

Hello everyone

yes me too me loose my counter
my air nozzle and desoldering pump is gone after dozens of pump stroke the screen away type pretty well. I redo the welds cms as advocated in this post I found the fuse and the transistor is dead I change the fuse for these pieces is an adaptation because I found the electronics store where I was and the transistor is gave me a test I made the equivalent of the red connector to see the clock turn on AC I change the plastic heatsink compound on the transformer and I hop back to see the very spot that still has 148,000 km and dust begins to smile back I'm starting to turn a one proud of my repair
1) the radio goes blank and I get a loss of sensor
2) my counter does not hold myself out even more than 49kmh when I was 60kmh
is my 93C56 is corrupt? if you have any idea please help me
regards

linuxman74
28th May, 2010, 04:52 PM
Io ho lo stesso problema. Non riesco pero' a capire cosa devo sostituire.

linuxman74
28th May, 2010, 04:54 PM

LOL

Non riesco a scaricare il pdf :-(

sofy
28th May, 2010, 06:43 PM
hi
after replaced mosfet and fuse also resolder all small components .....
small disply only works but big one still dark!!
does someone mett this problem before?
regards

guruguza
30th May, 2010, 12:22 PM
Hi, Everybody, i diassebled my dshboard today, and will try to fix it.

I will post with my results.

Thk?s for the tuturial

auto_russia
30th May, 2010, 12:53 PM
if you try on table normal is to work small display,in car work also big

regards AutoRussia

hi
after replaced mosfet and fuse also resolder all small components .....
small disply only works but big one still dark!!
does someone mett this problem before?
regards

dacem
30th May, 2010, 08:32 PM
Hi All I from paris and Ihave this problem whith my car thank you for your help

junzongli
31st May, 2010, 05:34 AM
I can't see it.

sofy
31st May, 2010, 10:13 AM
Hi..
i not test on table..
i testing in car and still only small disply works. big disply not works.
someone can help?
regards

if you try on table normal is to work small display,in car work also big

regards AutoRussia

gtini
1st June, 2010, 01:47 PM
Hi, this is the second time that I repair the Scenic2 dashboard. The first time(June 2009), I've replaced the UC2843, the 5Amps fuse and all the shunt resistors. Now i have the same problem, the dashboard sometimes reset and the the clock reset.I've seen that the problem is continuously when the external temperature is hot.This evening I try to check with a phon, if the problem is that one or more shunt resistor fault.

okeo
3rd June, 2010, 02:33 PM
Someone knows if i have to buy exactly the transistor F3710S mosfet or if theres a difference in number doesn't matter? i have available for example F3710SFBD, it would be ok?

thanks

laropmet
4th June, 2010, 01:23 PM
Hi! I've been reading a lot about the problems with the Scenic dash. Mine started failing a month ago a went blank two weeks ago. I first changed the fuse and the transistor and the repair worked, but after one day started with the same behaviour again (intermitent failure). I have been testing it in my car with a connecting only the CAN bus, and using an external 2.5 Amp fuse to prevent the transistor to die again. After another day and some on-off failures (more frequent right after starting the car) I lost the fuse.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

regism
8th June, 2010, 12:30 PM
:bike::stupido:

LOL

Ok j'essai de telecharger le fichier pdf et j'essaie de faire la reparation

yol
8th June, 2010, 05:07 PM
Hi all,

I understand from this thread that the Scenic2 cluster issue is a worldwide problem
ok,
Let me offer my knowledge and help for whoever wants it -
I am fixing these clusters for over 3 years now (fixed above 250 clusters...) i know all their problems from the soldering issue to software issues. after i fix them i am also able to turn and test them on the table (apply +14v, ground and CAN data through two additional wires in the gray connector) and see odometer on the big screen.
i see people here encounter all these problems and also combined problems (hardware and software).
As a beginning let me break one myth here - when the problem starts the clock is randomly reset to 00:00, then when it escalate, the whole display will blink - this is a crucial stage because the power surges "confuse" the MCU which causes the odometer "jump"" (any of you know the value 131071Km ?).
the next step which not always happen is that the whole software get mixed up - this may create a problem because although you do the resolder of the whole cluster and replace the fuse and F3710S, still the cluster will not lit (sometimes the clock does but the big VFD will not).
Regarding the odometer calculation, see attached photo and text file for an example of how to deal with it - note that the calculated value repeat itself 4 times. there is no way of changing this value through the car diagnostics connector or through the clusters main connector (gray or red). you have to desolder the eeprom (93C56), read it and change to the wanted value. any universal eeprom reader/writer that can handle 93C56 will do the work.

in all clusters i fixed - i have never seen a faulty transformer (the big one with "Epcos"on it) - they do not break or burn.

for those who done the resoldering of the components and still have the time display reset - reopen the cluster and resolder more components under the big VFD. keep doing that untill this issue go - eventualy you will hit the component that is doing the trouble.
it is also very important that if you have to take the big VFD off, do the cleanest work you can ! be careful not to tear the pcb lines from the pcb.
the best tool for desoldering the pins of the VFD is the vacuum guns (Hakko have these) but it costs around $100 the simple one (which does the work just fine).

hope i help you guys and dont hesitate to ask anything...

yol
8th June, 2010, 06:47 PM
By the way - one thing did interest me - someone have the datasheet for the big VFD itself ?
Thanks.

jp_olli
16th June, 2010, 11:15 AM
Guys does anyone have a good dump for the dash?

I jus got my usb upa programmer and have a dead dash on the shelf.

yol
16th June, 2010, 11:42 AM
Guys does anyone have a good dump for the dash?

I jus got my usb upa programmer and have a dead dash on the shelf.

sure, no problem - just post the numbers you have on the dash white label.

jp_olli
16th June, 2010, 11:44 AM
Is it this? P8200365607D

yol
16th June, 2010, 12:49 PM
yes, this is it.
try this.

lucien
16th June, 2010, 06:44 PM
Hello,

Just a big thanks for your help...
I'm French and if somebody need it I can translate the file in page 1. First I need to be able to download... :-)

lucien
16th June, 2010, 06:54 PM
Just one other thing for pimo...
You post the .rar file on a algerian electronic website I guess (same problem and same login)... Just for your information, they ask money to register and to let people access your file...
Unfair !!!!

yol
16th June, 2010, 08:31 PM
Just one other thing for pimo...
You post the .rar file on a algerian electronic website I guess (same problem and same login)... Just for your information, they ask money to register and to let people access your file...
Unfair !!!!

are you referring to my attached file ?

MSOF
17th June, 2010, 12:18 PM
i have a Car SCenic and my dash bord is dead how can repair

yol
17th June, 2010, 01:11 PM
What skills of soldering/de-soldering/technical/eeprom reading or writing do you have ?

what are the symptoms you have ? did it all of a sudden go off or it blinked in the near past several times ?

barati83
20th June, 2010, 03:30 AM
Hi all,

I understand from this thread that the Scenic2 cluster issue is a worldwide problem
ok,
Let me offer my knowledge and help for whoever wants it -
I am fixing these clusters for over 3 years now (fixed above 250 clusters...) i know all their problems from the soldering issue to software issues. after i fix them i am also able to turn and test them on the table (apply +14v, ground and CAN data through two additional wires in the gray connector) and see odometer on the big screen.
i see people here encounter all these problems and also combined problems (hardware and software).
As a beginning let me break one myth here - when the problem starts the clock is randomly reset to 00:00, then when it escalate, the whole display will blink - this is a crucial stage because the power surges "confuse" the MCU which causes the odometer "jump"" (any of you know the value 131071Km ?).
the next step which not always happen is that the whole software get mixed up - this may create a problem because although you do the resolder of the whole cluster and replace the fuse and F3710S, still the cluster will not lit (sometimes the clock does but the big VFD will not).
Regarding the odometer calculation, see attached photo and text file for an example of how to deal with it - note that the calculated value repeat itself 4 times. there is no way of changing this value through the car diagnostics connector or through the clusters main connector (gray or red). you have to desolder the eeprom (93C56), read it and change to the wanted value. any universal eeprom reader/writer that can handle 93C56 will do the work.

in all clusters i fixed - i have never seen a faulty transformer (the big one with "Epcos"on it) - they do not break or burn.

for those who done the resoldering of the components and still have the time display reset - reopen the cluster and resolder more components under the big VFD. keep doing that untill this issue go - eventualy you will hit the component that is doing the trouble.
it is also very important that if you have to take the big VFD off, do the cleanest work you can ! be careful not to tear the pcb lines from the pcb.
the best tool for desoldering the pins of the VFD is the vacuum guns (Hakko have these) but it costs around $100 the simple one (which does the work just fine).

hope i help you guys and dont hesitate to ask anything...

Hello

Please send me the two attached files, because I can not open.
This is my e-mail address: barati83@hotmail.com

Thx

yol
20th June, 2010, 06:29 AM
Barati83, the beauty of this site it that if you register (free of any charge), you can download anything you want... just do it and download...

ramon1000
26th June, 2010, 08:29 PM
Hi there,

i want to fix my dashboard myself. I want to repair the resistor. how do i do this.

yol
26th June, 2010, 08:34 PM
Hi there,

i want to fix my dashboard myself. I want to repair the resistor. how do i do this.

Hi, you should check this thread from its beginning, the answer is there... post here if you get stuck, good luck.

josi4life
3rd July, 2010, 12:14 PM
Attached Fileshttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/attach/pdf.gifreparation tableau de bord scenic2.pdf (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f133/5658d1254914485-repair-dashboard-scenic-2-reparation-tableau-de-bord-scenic2.pdf)

Birchem
3rd July, 2010, 01:42 PM
I recieved a call from my wife this morning advising that the dashboard display on our Renault Scenic 1.416v had disapeared.

I do not want to have to put it into the garage if i can resolve this issue myself.

Can anyone advise the sucess rate on self fix's? or should i just bite the bullet and book it in.

Hopefully this thread will save me a few pounds. Thanks in advance to all who have contributed there knowledge and experience.

yol
3rd July, 2010, 02:48 PM
I recieved a call from my wife this morning advising that the dashboard display on our Renault Scenic 1.416v had disapeared.

I do not want to have to put it into the garage if i can resolve this issue myself.

Can anyone advise the sucess rate on self fix's? or should i just bite the bullet and book it in.

Hopefully this thread will save me a few pounds. Thanks in advance to all who have contributed there knowledge and experience.

if you are capable of taking the cluster out of the car and doing some soldering by yourself plus getting the necessary replacement components - sure you can.

mariollig
5th July, 2010, 04:15 PM
I tried to repair it by replacing parts of trouble:
IRF3710S MOSFET - UC2843B - FUSE SMD 1206.
worked for about 5 days then back off.
are the same components to be changed?
Thanks, Gustavo

yol
5th July, 2010, 07:48 PM
I tried to repair it by replacing parts of trouble:
IRF3710S MOSFET - UC2843B - FUSE SMD 1206.
worked for about 5 days then back off.
are the same components to be changed?
Thanks, Gustavo

did you reflow all smd components around the 2843 ?

jp_olli
6th July, 2010, 09:25 AM
I have a problems to get the odometer calibrated with Tachosoft 19.3 and 20.1.

When I try to get 108 025km the result is 108025km = 5A06A5F90001 but when programmed with UPA the reading is over 830 000km.

Could someone offer an solution to this or calculate the right reading?

Maybe I have to refresh my memory about hex...

yol
6th July, 2010, 12:14 PM
I have a problems to get the odometer calibrated with Tachosoft 19.3 and 20.1.

When I try to get 108 025km the result is 108025km = 5A06A5F90001 but when programmed with UPA the reading is over 830 000km.

Could someone offer an solution to this or calculate the right reading?

Maybe I have to refresh my memory about hex...

no need to refresh, try to swap the result : 06 5A F9 A5 ....

jp_olli
6th July, 2010, 12:31 PM
You made my day! :rock:

martyb
7th July, 2010, 07:11 AM
All of you thanks for the usefull information.

3ndvi3h
7th July, 2010, 03:26 PM
Hello,

which value is the smd fuse? Is it 6,5Ampere?

Thx

VDO
9th July, 2010, 02:58 PM
Yes,It is.

benci1982
13th July, 2010, 06:53 AM
if someone does not go the dashboard after repair it, replace this tranzistor, is in the picture are (renaunlt espace) 6Bp 03

yol
13th July, 2010, 06:57 AM
if someone does not go the dashboard after repair it, replace this tranzistor, is in the picture are (renaunlt espace) 6Bp 03

i think this picture is of a very old version of the dashboard, maybe one of the first releases do you have its white label on the black plastic cover ? (it should say Ver x.xx Ind x)

FIDO1786
13th July, 2010, 04:54 PM
i don't speak english sorry !

tomlyndsay
14th July, 2010, 10:49 AM

LOL

sorry for my english i m french:ciao::ciao:
not easy to read the attachment

ntamas
17th July, 2010, 10:47 PM
A what type of the transistor replaced with

Dusiata
18th July, 2010, 11:29 AM
Hello Everyone!
I found this thread after had repaired scenic dashboard. I found that allmost all solder joints was damaged, besides transistor was short so fuse was blown.

I asumed that remove VFD display is hardest work in this repair, but I think it is possible to do it without removing VFD. I solder transistor in oposite side and made small "radiator" for it:

I used ~0.5mm copper foil and carton under it (this time I removed VFD and screwed transistor to PCB, but I think it would be enought just to solder it)
In other side you must remove damaged transistor, or just cut source and gate pins vith tiny scissors.

I soldered allmost all inverter again, and could say that most important is to check 30Ohm gate resistor, 1Ohm resistors array and tiny resistors for voltage feedback.

In the case I drilled few holes for better cooling.

Finally when you test it use two 12V 21W lamps, because I discovered tha one 21W not enought to start dashboard.

Sorry for my english, I hope I help someone

thatinen
19th July, 2010, 01:06 PM
I have in my hands a repared Scenic 2 dash, but in this case there is "Tableau non configure" text on screen and long beep because the electric fault has erased basic programming.

Does anyone know is there a way to program dash directly from a car (insert a key and press......) or do I have to go to the Renault authorized service center, where they can program the dash (from the obd / the specified sw)?

--------------------

This issue is now solved and absent from the agenda :smokin:

gicla
19th July, 2010, 03:14 PM
Hi,
does anyone know what i need to decrease KM after dashboard repaired? This problem added about 70.000 KM to my car!!!
Thanks

thatinen
19th July, 2010, 07:23 PM
What you need is below:

- EEPROM writer / software
- Hex decimal calculator software

You have to delsolder 93C56 eeprom and put it to the programmer and read the dump and correct the specified lines and after that write modified hex data back to 93C56.

Maybe nearby you is a company which can do this operation for you.

There is a more information earlier in this thread.

sewaco
22nd July, 2010, 11:15 AM
I have the same problem and renewed al the welding, anyone a clue

megaexplosionman
25th July, 2010, 01:27 AM
Hi M8

i try to repair dash, i have change transistor and put new fuse but when try it there is some noise like when you try to start car, " tic tic tic tic tic" and dash doesnt work

Someone knows what i need to change ? maybe coil ?

PierreTheron
25th July, 2010, 08:55 AM
Hi
Something interesting that happened.

I rerpaired dash on bench until clock worked on bench.
I put in car to test and dash did not come on.
Found a blown fuse for cluster power and radio.
Replaced fuses and dash still not to light up.

Took daSh and tried on other vehicle and it worked 100%, even radio.
Took dash and put back to car it must go in.
Dash came on but could not get radio to work.

Took dash and tested again on other vehicle to confirm that
radio worked and it does, tested whole of cluster to make certain everything worked.
Put cluster back to car it needs to go to .Radio came on and whole of dash worked.

Can someone explain why this happened?:stupid::stupid:
Regard
Was can lines maybe mixed up???

colaaan
25th July, 2010, 08:57 AM
Hi, having problems with my scenic dash display - unfortunately in South Africa and got quoted ₤681 by the local agents - Have decided to give it a try to repair myself. Will keep you posted on the results, just need a schematic of the electronic board? Any bites?

PierreTheron
25th July, 2010, 11:03 AM
Hi, having problems with my scenic dash display - unfortunately in South Africa and got quoted ₤681 by the local agents - Have decided to give it a try to repair myself. Will keep you posted on the results, just need a schematic of the electronic board? Any bites?

Read all of the info on this thread and you will fix it.
A good solder station is a must for this.
Regards
:musicus::boxing:
BTW Great 1st Post|||
Please introduce yourself.
Lol

greogbac
26th July, 2010, 07:53 PM
hi,

Does it's possible to read the 93c56 without to dessolder it ?
With a crimp tools SMD connected to the programmer.

Thank you.

yol
27th July, 2010, 04:34 AM
hi,

Thank you.

I have never tried that cause i have a tool for reading all memory devices and its very simple for me to desolder it and then put it back - its the safest way - i think you should not try as it may damage the mcu/5v regulator on the pcb - does not worth the risk.

Mlot
27th July, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hello from Germany !

Mundi
27th July, 2010, 02:39 PM
Hello, appreciate all the input on scenic dashboard fixing, will attempt to locate the reason for my blinking dashboard using this thread.

Thanks all

Mundi

PierreTheron
28th July, 2010, 06:52 PM
I have never tried that cause i have a tool for reading all memory devices and its very simple for me to desolder it and then put it back - its the safest way - i think you should not try as it may damage the mcu/5v regulator on the pcb - does not worth the risk.
I also believe to desolder
The clip connector never work 100%
Regards
Pth

greogbac
29th July, 2010, 09:29 PM
hi,

Thank you.

I tried with a eeprom programmer on plt port , it's Ok.
http://col2000.free.fr/mwprog/images/schema.gif
Programmateur d'EEPROMs Microwire 93x6 sur port parallle (http://col2000.free.fr/mwprog/index.htm)

and this clip test :
http://www.alliedelec.com/Images/Products/Small/618-4313.jpg

Does anyone, known the detail of the eeprom ( language, motor, pressure wheel, .... )

rushx13
31st July, 2010, 10:30 AM
cool cool coollllll !!!!

elbiologo
3rd August, 2010, 03:31 PM
I see , The PIMO , have some instruction manual for repairing. Can i get that pdf file ??
p.s. sory about my bad english

Hi I read in some forums that Reanult it is now fixing them for free, but we need to push a bit...

yol
3rd August, 2010, 05:08 PM
I tried with a eeprom programmer on plt port , it's Ok.
http://col2000.free.fr/mwprog/images/schema.gif
Programmateur d'EEPROMs Microwire 93x6 sur port parallle (http://col2000.free.fr/mwprog/index.htm)

and this clip test :
http://www.alliedelec.com/Images/Products/Small/618-4313.jpg

Does anyone, known the detail of the eeprom ( language, motor, pressure wheel, .... )

Although i am not quite sure which sw you are going to use in order to read/write this eeprom with the setup you described, here is the datasheet for this eeprom.
anyway, i think there are some cheep generic reader/programmers you can find at ebay or something that may even be good for you for other chips/projects.
enjoy!

motomanual
3rd August, 2010, 07:56 PM
Just a question to people that already fixed the dashboard using the guide:
Does the problem always caused by same components or somebody found some different fault.
Thanks

yol
3rd August, 2010, 08:03 PM
Just a question to people that already fixed the dashboard using the guide:
Does the problem always caused by same components or somebody found some different fault.
Thanks

read this thread, you'll find answers there.

jp_olli
4th August, 2010, 05:25 AM
I thought to upload a dump that has "resurrected" two dashboards for me.

The dashes itself have been repaired, but there has been no life in them before and after repair. Today I found a dump that helped with these two. :)

There is about 288000 km in the dump.

Hope it helps someone.

gunaras
4th August, 2010, 02:36 PM
Pics for guys, who cannot download from this site. About, how to repair dashboard :

http://www.renaultclub.lt/forum/download/file.php?id=6445

http://www.renaultclub.lt/forum/download/file.php?id=6446

haksi
4th August, 2010, 08:09 PM
Attached Fileshttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/styles/digital/attach/pdf.gifreparation tableau de bord scenic2.pdf (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f133/5658d1254914485-repair-dashboard-scenic-2-reparation-tableau-de-bord-scenic2.pdf)
My Renault Scenic II - Dead Dash display is black can someone help ....

flicflac
5th August, 2010, 04:39 PM
I try to fix a dashboard. But without pictures, i can't do it. So, this is my first post (for download).

jason.scerri
10th August, 2010, 04:26 PM
Thanks to all! Good info

jason.scerri
11th August, 2010, 10:52 AM
Hi guys,

I'm currently in the process of doing a dash repair for a friend of mine. I've checked the whole thread but I'm not entirely sure which component is the fuse. I've included a picture and a mark and if someone could answer me it would be great.

The component I've marked is currently open circuit so if it's the fuse it's probably blown. The cause for this might be the mosfet shorted out.

God help me!! :smokin:

r6eck
11th August, 2010, 01:16 PM
yes that is the fuse,as you say propably caused by mosfet

jarecki55
12th August, 2010, 10:06 AM
Yesterday I have Scenic Dash on workshop table. Job done, but can somebody give me some trick for easy desolder display from PCB? I just desolder one easy side and lift den bend other side connection.

r6eck
12th August, 2010, 02:58 PM
Yesterday I have Scenic Dash on workshop table. Job done, but can somebody give me some trick for easy desolder display from PCB? I just desolder one easy side and lift den bend other side connection.

that is the easy way,only 8 pins to desolder

jfblack
12th August, 2010, 03:25 PM
Congratulations and thanks for saving me a fortune and a lot of time on the repair of this.

After my 55 plate 1.6vvt Grand Scenic developed this fault, I was getting close to taking this to Ren (oh no!) and putting up with the lost mileage but at least I can now repair it myself.

CBR_bl
10th September, 2010, 08:15 PM
Hi,i have no good situation.
Picture helps.
While reflowing,scenic dash, brush brake down and drop on pcb, and dislocate 5 smd pcs (3resistor and 2 capacitors).
I do have pic but it is to large and pieces are too small to see , so i can not put it here.
If someone have good picture please send it to me.
Thanks thanks thanks
nero@teol.net
Found places for capacitors, now just for three resistor.
Once more if someone have picture of Renault Scenic dash...

bricolo
11th September, 2010, 06:57 AM
HI
i have this picture if can help you
as you see, i dessolder only one side to repair

CBR_bl
11th September, 2010, 07:59 AM
I see, but my place is more left.
Here is the pic.
Red lines are the spots for resistor what i dont know , and green are the spots for capacitors , but i already find place for them.
Thanks anyway

bricolo
11th September, 2010, 09:03 AM
on your picture:
right is resistor 2211
down and left is 103

CBR_bl
11th September, 2010, 10:04 AM
What to say.
Thanks 100 times.
Thats real a good turn.

CBR_bl
22nd September, 2010, 07:16 PM
Again another f...ing Scenic dash.
New fet and reflow whole pcb but still no right vfd (clock and radio)
Any advice????

yol
22nd September, 2010, 07:37 PM
Again another f...ing Scenic dash.
New fet and reflow whole pcb but still no right vfd (clock and radio)
Any advice????

check the dump in the 93c56 - if corrupted, the dash will not light. if you tell me numbers on the black cover and version number, i can send you good one.

CBR_bl
23rd September, 2010, 09:35 AM
Ok, here it is all from the white sticker.
TDB J84 BG
21668940-8
Ind : X0 V5.08
NS0011195-2
pls send it so i can compare.
tnx

yol
23rd September, 2010, 12:31 PM
is somewhat new to me however the oldest versions i have are V5.0 and V5.14 both are extracted from working clusters.
you should also look the version which is written on the MCU - this is the true version.
hope this helps...

CBR_bl
23rd September, 2010, 03:12 PM
Ok, i conect it to the vehicle.
Reading is good ,no coruption.
So dump is ok , i believe.
I think problem is still on the pcb, but i have no info about signal shape on four smd 8pin fets on lower side of pcb, and gate signal for working vfd is good but on other who not working is not. But that part is just for heating of vfd.
Network for driving 3710 is ok.

PierreTheron
23rd September, 2010, 09:02 PM
Hi
I recently fixed 3 of these clusters.
On bench the clock worked after i finished.
When i plug into car they do not want to light.
On all three i got them to work by unplugging and replugging till they came back to live
The first one i tested on another car and it worked fully. When i plugged it back into the car it came from , it started to work, exept for the radio .I unplugged an replugged and the radio came back .
The last one was also dead when plugged in the first time.
Unplugged and replugged a few times until every thing worked on the cluster.
That last one i did was almost a month back . Not one of these customers came back yet .
Hope this helps.
BTW check for any blown fuses on the car if you still got dead display.

fruti
30th September, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hello guys!
I have problem ... as i attach picture it shows what you must do and more ... :) I do all that but problem witch i get is thesame!
When you give Contact Dash working fine .... When you start car after 3 sec Dash start to blink and you hear soft buzzing sound .. PSSST PSSST in transformator... .... I dont know what alse can i do .... when you OFF car ... you wait 3 sec. Dash start to operate normaly ... What im missing ... Please help me ... THX

yol
30th September, 2010, 05:06 PM
Hello guys!
I have problem ... as i attach picture it shows what you must do and more ... :) I do all that but problem witch i get is thesame!
When you give Contact Dash working fine .... When you start car after 3 sec Dash start to blink and you hear soft buzzing sound .. PSSST PSSST in transformator... .... I dont know what alse can i do .... when you OFF car ... you wait 3 sec. Dash start to operate normaly ... What im missing ... Please help me ... THX

also got your PM.
please see attached revised picture of yours.
hope it helps.

fruti
30th September, 2010, 05:08 PM
ok i will try this to ... i will post results

yol
30th September, 2010, 05:09 PM
a spare clusters like the Scenic2 or Espace (2004/5 and up - all digital), i am looking to buy one or more.
just let me know by Private Message.
Thanks!

fruti
30th September, 2010, 05:10 PM
a spare clusters like the Scenic2 or Espace (2004/5 and up - all digital), i am looking to buy one or more.
just let me know by Private Message.
Thanks!

where you from yol ?

fruti
2nd October, 2010, 08:40 AM
Well with help of yol i manage to figure out what was wrong. Small Iron ball droped on pcb and when i heat with hot air it made a short circut .... after of 4 hours of searching ower microscop i finaly find it .... thx for help yol ...

BR

PierreTheron
2nd October, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi fruti
Great !

So we learn , like someone else said on this site .
With persistance and by not giving up you can make your own luck happen. And does it feel great when you solved your problema.

Regards:congrats::congrats::congrats:

einet
2nd October, 2010, 11:48 PM
Hello,
I don?t know what are the profession from some members! But to repair a board is to find out what is damage not the solution to change all what can do with the switching DC-DC converters, this is not the solution to the client.
I repair allot off this Dashes, the tips what I give to repair that don’t put prices to high for the client on change all components.

First confirm the fuse 6.3A.
Resoled all resistance around the DC-DC converter and capacitors.
Check the mosFet (normal this is in short when the fuse is open!)
When the mosfet is short, verify the DC-DC ramp generator and his signal to the mosfet.
Check the 12 resistance in the near the coil (for what change this coil) to his value.
Remember that this resistant are some in parallel this means that the resistant divide by his value in the half (to confirm better is to have a good multimeter or left this resistors one by one).
Check all switching Diodes on the reverse (don’t? can have resistant only in the forward)
Check all capacitors (electrolytic and all tantalum and ceramics on the solder joints and his capacitive measurements) Very important.

And all normal thinks what a electronic engineer make to resolve a electronic problem.

On tip more, to test all the work that are done and to confirm that the DC-DC converter are working, lift the eeprom or shorte the cristal when you test the dash on connecting the 12Volts .
This is to protect you that the KM don?t change +16K KM more and the client say, I give you the dash with 90K and don’t with 118K KM.
This happens on this dash while the high voltage pikes and the micro change his value.
einet

gsar
12th October, 2010, 09:27 AM
You can see THAT THE NUMBER OF km in hexadecimal
continues 4 TIMES written and fifth time the hexadecimal number???????

gsar
12th October, 2010, 09:34 AM
You can see THE NUMBER OF km in hexadecimal
continues 4 TIMES you must written and fifth time the same hexadecimal number???????

pedrodiaz
18th October, 2010, 07:05 PM
Hello,
Please a need help!
I have repaired the dashboard, i've installed in the scenic, but only lights one display ,of the time.

yol
18th October, 2010, 07:14 PM
Hello,
Please a need help!
I have repaired the dashboard, i've installed in the scenic, but only lights the display of the time.

then i think you partially fixed it... maybe you can post pictures of what you did so we can help you more....

pedrodiaz
18th October, 2010, 07:38 PM
I replace te fuse and the IRF, and i review the resitor.

kari11
18th October, 2010, 08:17 PM
Hello,

Ever since I changed the dashboard, and since then does not show on the radio. Does anyone know what could be the reason and how can I fix it?

Thanks
Kari

yol
18th October, 2010, 08:20 PM
Hello,

Ever since I changed the dashboard, and since then does not show on the radio. Does anyone know what could be the reason and how can I fix it?

Thanks
Kari

did you replace your original dash with another one?

kari11
18th October, 2010, 08:30 PM
Yes i replaced. I rewrote the eeprom, but it does not work.

yol
18th October, 2010, 08:34 PM

then i think your second cluster may also be bad.
questions :
did you replace ALL pcb with two VFDs and plastic covers or did you also changed between VFDs or any other exotic changes ?
how can you tell that the second cluster was good in the first place ?

kari11
18th October, 2010, 08:46 PM
Not been repaired only replaced. You could see the original on the radio.

yol
18th October, 2010, 08:59 PM
Not been repaired only replaced. You could see the original on the radio.

you mean you could see the radio on the original ?

well this thing never happen to me.

can you see the time on this display ? on the right side ?

kari11
18th October, 2010, 09:03 PM
Yes could see the radio in the original.
Yes you can see the time on this display.

yol
18th October, 2010, 09:11 PM
Yes could see the radio in the original.
Yes you can see the time on this display.

then i think of some options :

1: your dump clone was not completely ok. - maybe you should try taking the original eeprom and installing it in the second cluster.
2: the second cluster had a bad small VFD (the smaller right display - maybe some segments are burnt there, you can try and replace it with the first one)
3: make sure you connect the red connector too !!! the radio data comes from the red connector not the grey one !!!

pedrodiaz
18th October, 2010, 10:06 PM
then i think you partially fixed it... maybe you can post pictures of what you did so we can help you more....
Please any solution for my problem? Only works one display.

Thanks

cater50
19th October, 2010, 01:14 PM
It happens when Eeeprom is corrupted.

And some Eeeprom aren't compatible betwen us (Some Part Number / Eeprom).
Please be aware of your dump of reference.

PierreTheron
23rd October, 2010, 07:46 PM
I see, but my place is more left.
Here is the pic.
Red lines are the spots for resistor what i dont know , and green are the spots for capacitors , but i already find place for them.
Thanks anyway

H
Off Topic...
What picture editor software do you guys use to input lines and marking on it.
That might help me a lot to explain something on a picture..

Regards

Stupid behind the time of new tech Pierre Theron:sleep::sleep::sleep::hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

yol
23rd October, 2010, 08:43 PM
H
Off Topic...
What picture editor software do you guys use to input lines and marking on it.
That might help me a lot to explain something on a picture..

Regards

Stupid behind the time of new tech Pierre Theron:sleep::sleep::sleep::hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

i use FSViewer - the editor has arrows and very intuitive UI as well as good viewer.

CBR_bl
24th October, 2010, 08:18 PM
For Pierre. Just open picture with "Paint" (right click) and so.

Debutant
24th October, 2010, 09:04 PM
It happens sometimes. Your new dashboard is not compatible with your radio. You must change the dashboard, try to find one with the same manufacturing date than the original.

CBR_bl
24th October, 2010, 09:28 PM
But look this, i have one came to shop, costumer say no radio and display blinking or so.
Re-flow whole pcb every part on it ,change irf ,put it back and dash work ok for 1 month.
After that no radio info again.
To be true , i didn't try with other eeprom content.
Does anybody have a few good ones , if yes ,i will call him to shop again.
Thanks in advance.

Debutant
24th October, 2010, 10:32 PM
But look this, i have one came to shop, costumer say no radio and display blinking or so.
Re-flow whole pcb every part on it ,change irf ,put it back and dash work ok for 1 month.
After that no radio info again.
To be true , i didn't try with other eeprom content.
Does anybody have a few good ones , if yes ,i will call him to shop again.
Thanks in advance.
you can reprogram your eeprom with uncorrupted dump.

taraba123
18th November, 2010, 09:34 AM
hello anybody had trouble with this dash like in the picture after soldering? lights marked in yellow rectangle turn on with small display.

yol
18th November, 2010, 10:09 PM
a defective VFD or you have some short between VFDs pins/short around mcu...
did you remove the VFD from the pcb ?
did you do anything to the cluster ?
you must give some more background about the cluster history...
help us to help you...

PierreTheron
24th November, 2010, 06:25 PM
[QUOTE=thatinen;686363]I have in my hands a repared Scenic 2 dash, but in this case there is "Tableau non configure" text on screen and long beep because the electric fault has erased basic programming.

Does anyone know is there a way to program dash directly from a car (insert a key and press......) or do I have to go to the Renault authorized service center, where they can program the dash (from the obd / the specified sw)?

--------------------

Hi

I have the same problem as above.

Can someone help on this please ????:hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

Thanks

yol
24th November, 2010, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=thatinen;686363]I have in my hands a repared Scenic 2 dash, but in this case there is "Tableau non configure" text on screen and long beep because the electric fault has erased basic programming.

--------------------

Hi

I have the same problem as above.

Can someone help on this please ????:hmmmm2::hmmmm2::hmmmm2:

Thanks

if you mean to re-program the board from the OBDII connector, then only dealers have this possibility or if you have the "Clip"diag tool you can do it yourself.
my recommendation is (assuming you dont have "Clip" tool) is to replace the eeprom with a new one (93C56) and reprogram it with a good dump taken from cluster with same numbers like on the original(faulty with the message you wrote) - i can help you with dump, just post your clusters number and wanted km.

PierreTheron
24th November, 2010, 08:08 PM
Hi
Yol

Have got Clip. ( For Clip , do you need security code to reprogram?)

Car not close to me .

Maybe better to get the cluster and reprogram chip.

Will only have the dash by tomorrow night.
will only know by tomorrow what the KM reading must be.

Thanks
Pierre

hassanlion
29th November, 2010, 05:50 AM
my 2003 scenic's dash is black. the irf is OK (replaced even it was ok), fuse found ok. I have soldered and tested all component critical area. when I test the dashoard (in the car) , the display is off. after some diagnostic I found that the U2843 don't wake up. the activation signal isn't given by the microcontroller, then I found that the EEPROM is corrupted (No VIN). I flashed it whit dump_scenic_2004 but it doesn't work. this dump is compatible?

yol
1st December, 2010, 09:28 AM
my 2003 scenic's dash is black. the irf is OK (replaced even it was ok), fuse found ok. I have soldered and tested all component critical area. when I test the dashoard (in the car) , the display is off. after some diagnostic I found that the U2843 don't wake up. the activation signal isn't given by the microcontroller, then I found that the EEPROM is corrupted (No VIN). I flashed it whit dump_scenic_2004 but it doesn't work. this dump is compatible?

Not sure the dump is compatible, you need to compare numbers on original cluster with numbers of cluster the good dump is from.

jeskola
9th December, 2010, 01:45 PM
anybody have some manual for repairing this dashboard? (first message for downloading) :)

yol
9th December, 2010, 02:30 PM
anybody have some manual for repairing this dashboard? (first message for downloading) :)

Hi, please read the beginning of this thread...you will find your answers there.

sofy
9th December, 2010, 06:43 PM
Hi..
i'd replace IRF and fuse then resolder all smd's and use emulatore to check on table only small screen works but big one not .
also after few minuts the irf becom very hot then shut off and must restart it to work again the samll screen also.
any help
regards

fredouilleotop
10th December, 2010, 01:07 AM
my scenic's dash is black, i try to repair this, thank you for all explain

yol
10th December, 2010, 08:01 AM
my scenic's dash is black, i try to repair this, thank you for all explain

Hi, please read the beginning of this thread...you will find your answers there.

eugenblaga
14th December, 2010, 10:41 PM
thanks for this great tread

gsargi
27th December, 2010, 10:41 PM
please I would like to recommend me a can bus emulator for
renault scenic dashboard to see all the test steps

ghauman
28th December, 2010, 06:10 PM
can anyone tell me how to power up a scenic/espace dash outside of the car, can ik just connect the clip to can high and can low from the dash or do i need a special can emulator to do this ?

any help would be great

yol
28th December, 2010, 06:44 PM
can anyone tell me how to power up a scenic/espace dash outside of the car, can ik just connect the clip to can high and can low from the dash or do i need a special can emulator to do this ?

any help would be great

yes, you will need CAN emulator plus the correct data transmitted to the cluster in order to have it turned on on the bench and also to see odometer.

ghauman
28th December, 2010, 06:50 PM
Thanks allot for your fast reply,
any idea where to get a good emulator?
i found ona at codecard.lt but it seems that that one only turns the dash on and gives no odometer speed and so on.

thanks

yol
28th December, 2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks allot for your fast reply,
any idea where to get a good emulator?
i found ona at codecard.lt but it seems that that one only turns the dash on and gives no odometer speed and so on.

thanks

get original UPA-CAN by Elrasoft you can then contact me for further help.

tarzan2008
1st January, 2011, 06:16 PM
Hi

My Scenic dash started to lose the trip miles, mpg, etc. last week I resoldered everything I could reach, as suggested in this thread, without removing the display panels and got the functions and the clock back.

I then noticed that the panel had a high pitched tone coming from behind the main display panel/ left of the grey plug. Again more soldering this time I removed the main display. Brilliant the panel seemed to be ok. :D

The "good feeling" didn't last long :hmmmm2:, after about 5 minutes the whole dash went blank. Only the red blinking light was working also there was a ticking noise.

I have now ordered a replacement F3710S mosfet from RS as per the first post in this thread, the fuse seems ok.

I have a couple of questions someone may be able to help with:
1. Is something I have done likely to have caused the fault to go from a reset issue to a fix to completely blank or should the mosfet have been replaced from the start?
2. Is the mosfet likely to get the panel going again?

Any further advice would be welcome.

I will post an update when the parts arrive.

yol
1st January, 2011, 06:38 PM
tarzan2008,
what you describe can be a result of several problem in separate or together - starting from a bad dump inside the eeprom, bad irf, bad big display or bad mcu.
you can start by removing the big display completely and connecting in car, if the small display works, it is likely that the big display is bad. if it stay the same, except the ticking, maybe you have bad dump or bad mcu.
youll need to replace the irf anyway.

gsargi
11th January, 2011, 09:23 PM
yol

I had a contact with the company Elrasoft the UPA-CAN ANALLYZER but
They do not understand whether they can activate the dashboard Renault Scenic
I've got someone more specific information or special software for this activation

I look forward to Your reply

THANKS

tarzan2008
12th January, 2011, 01:50 PM
Update on my defective dashboard.

The IRF mosfet arrived so I fitted it and the dash was still blank. I booked the car into the Renault garage who replaced the dash for ?100. I would have liked to have fixed it myself, but it was not to be.

Thanks to all, for the information on this post.

xito
12th January, 2011, 07:37 PM
Hi gsargi,

Check here Minitools Product - CAN GENERATOR FOR RENAULT SCENIC DASHBOARDS (http://www.minitools.it/renault-scenic-can-generator).

Best regards

hafido1983
18th January, 2011, 03:05 AM
how are u my friend pimo i want to tell me the reference of transistors which you change it in Renault Scenic
thanks

hafido1983
20th January, 2011, 03:35 AM
really i want somebody help me (about reference of transistor dashboard renault scenic)
thanks in advance

yol
20th January, 2011, 09:37 AM
really i want somebody help me (about reference of transistor dashboard renault scenic)
thanks in advance

you have blocked the possibility to send you private messages so i cannot send more details.

hafido1983
20th January, 2011, 06:19 PM
OK NO answer about my question ok
thanks

yol
20th January, 2011, 06:46 PM
OK NO answer about my question ok
thanks

you have to help us help you...as i wrote above, you blocked the possibility to send you PM plus most of the answers are in this thread, just read several pages from beginning and end...

gsargi
25th January, 2011, 11:09 PM
THANKS XITO
BUT
I LOOK FOR A CHEAPER CAN BUS EMULATOR
YOU KNOW ANY CAN BUS EMULATOR NEAR 100Euro????

thanks

yol
26th January, 2011, 05:09 AM
gsargi,

like i told you before - take the upa-can - its cheep and good for many can based clusters - after you buy contact me in PM.

PierreTheron
26th January, 2011, 07:24 PM
yes, you will need CAN emulator plus the correct data transmitted to the cluster in order to have it turned on on the bench and also to see odometer.

--------------------------------------------------------:goodpost:
Hi
Yol

Can the radio display also be turned on with the CAN emulator??

I fixed one of these clusters recently but do not have radio display when i put it in car. On the bench the clock turned on so I think the small vfd is OK.

Thanks in advance.

Pierre

yol
26th January, 2011, 07:30 PM
Hi Pierre,

The small VFD is controlled by different CAN coming from the smaller red (one line of pins) connector, this is why you only get clock when powering on the bench.
if you dont get display on the small vfd while in the car, you should check if theere is an original radio system or original navigation/multimedia system - it drives the small vfd.
if there is an installation of other regulat sound system, it will not drive the small vfd and so only the clock will be displayed.

PierreTheron
27th January, 2011, 06:15 PM
Hi Pierre,

The small VFD is controlled by different CAN coming from the smaller red (one line of pins) connector, this is why you only get clock when powering on the bench.
if you dont get display on the small vfd while in the car, you should check if theere is an original radio system or original navigation/multimedia system - it drives the small vfd.
if there is an installation of other regulat sound system, it will not drive the small vfd and so only the clock will be displayed.

-----------------------------------------------
So .. What i think , it is the wrong radio for the cluster..

Or wrong cluster for radio ..
Believe me this cluster was dead as a donkey ..

1. fuse blown

2. replaced irf

3 resoldered an found many resistors loose.

4resoldered transformer ..

resoldered components under big dispay ..

Thanks for the help , Will fight it that way????

Regards
Pierre

yol
27th January, 2011, 06:28 PM
does the car have original radio?

PierreTheron
27th January, 2011, 07:54 PM
Hi

That i do not know.

This seems like a good reason to get the car to me..

Anyway will :ciao:try to solve:viking::manuscarf:

Jandy
27th January, 2011, 10:09 PM
Hi,
Does it matter which resistor tolerance I have to use for 1Ohm smd - 1% or 5%?
Which analogs can I use for replacement of IRF3710 and TL2843?

yol
28th January, 2011, 07:33 AM
Hi,
Does it matter which resistor tolerance I have to use for 1Ohm smd - 1% or 5%?
Which analogs can I use for replacement of IRF3710 and TL2843?

from experience of many clusters repaired, i strongly advise to put exact same components. they are very cheap and available everywhere. if you resolder them all again and apply bit more solder, your repair will last for at least 3 years and counting