PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Yaris 2001 2NZ-FE 1.3 VVT key lost, immobilizer

klobyster
1st May, 2017, 12:34 PM
He guys,

i've got a Yaris which has the original keys lost, a new key from Toyota dealer is available (Tokai Rica) but the car doesn't start with.
Could someone advice on the problem; immobilizer, ecu or stransponder issue.

ECU - Toyota 89661-52082 FUJITSU TEN Limited*
Eeprom ATMEL 104 25020NB
What are the steps to take: reset the ECU, reset the Immobilizer (if possible)
please help find the solution

Best regards

klaudio
1st May, 2017, 09:57 PM
You need to program the new key into the immobilizer, what kind of programming equipment do you have? eeprom programmer, tango, tm100, etc?

Post that information and you should be on your way, if the eeprom for the key is in the ecu, should be ic900 or 901 if i'm correct, I have a feeling this will have an immobilizer unit and the epprom should be 93cl66.

klobyster
2nd May, 2017, 08:00 PM
Hi Klaudio,

thanks for the reply, to be honest I have no programming tool. I'm wondering if the immobilizer is actually in the ECU first of all. Maybe it's outside as you said. In the ECU I haven't found an eeprom with those numbers, only the ATMEL.

I saw a guy programming with PonyProg on his Avensis, not sure it will work on the Yaris....
How to define if the immobilizer is separated from the ECU??

Thanks

klaudio
2nd May, 2017, 11:33 PM
Hi Klaudio,

thanks for the reply, to be honest I have no programming tool. I'm wondering if the immobilizer is actually in the ECU first of all. Maybe it's outside as you said. In the ECU I haven't found an eeprom with those numbers, only the ATMEL.

I saw a guy programming with PonyProg on his Avensis, not sure it will work on the Yaris....
How to define if the immobilizer is separated from the ECU??

Thanks

Give me your vin# or frame# and I could find out for you. Also if you don't have a key programmer, you won't be able to add the new key, the ponyprog will read and write the eeprom, the only way to add the new key is to virginize the eeprom, so you will have to post the dump from the eeprom and someone should be able to virginize and write back to eeprom. Once that's done, put key on ignition for 10 seconds, pull out key, wait about a minute and start the car.

Cheers,

klobyster
3rd May, 2017, 12:45 PM
HI

Here Is my VIN: JTDJW123700127635

Thanks again

Cheers

jnand
3rd May, 2017, 02:15 PM
It's IC503, 95020, as in the picture. Your 2 best options are:

1) Read eeprom and make key with tango, tmpro, tm100 etc.

2) Reset the ecu, meaning write a virgin file to the 95020 eeprom and carry out manual programming. You might need at least 2 keys to complete the procedure.

Buy yourself an eeprom reader, post the dump here and many on this forum will help you. Watch youtube clips on how to read and write eeproms. Its very easy and a basic eeprom reader will do for now.

klaudio
3rd May, 2017, 10:06 PM
jnand is right, just the eeprom is 25020 when you read it.