PDA

View Full Version : Run Airbag Module on workbench

3axap
7th October, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hi,

I want to run (get connected with tech2 to the airbag module) on workbench.
Airbag Module: GM 13 251 081 EE
Astra H 2007

I made wiring using TIS but there is a problem with CAN. How can I bypass it?

Regards

Meat-Head
7th October, 2009, 05:25 PM
think you might struggle with the can as everything talks to each other unless you can make the module think it is on it's own.

Heard a nice story Mercedes dealer, don't know excat details apart from, LOTS of airbags, spotty 16 yo apprentice, airbag module plugged in but loose, spotty lad picks up module and decides to 'shake and vac' with it, can you guess what happened next, rofl:wink:

AvechuchoAxel
10th October, 2009, 12:58 AM
think you might struggle with the can as everything talks to each other unless you can make the module think it is on it's own.

Heard a nice story Mercedes dealer, don't know excat details apart from, LOTS of airbags, spotty 16 yo apprentice, airbag module plugged in but loose, spotty lad picks up module and decides to 'shake and vac' with it, can you guess what happened next, rofl:wink:
i GUESS.... Brain and reconstructive head surgery , a $8,000.- bill for side and curtain airbags, PLUS a new pair of underwares.... right?:coffin:

AvechuchoAxel
10th October, 2009, 12:59 AM
Hi,

I want to run (get connected with tech2 to the airbag module) on workbench.
Airbag Module: GM 13 251 081 EE
Astra H 2007

I made wiring using TIS but there is a problem with CAN. How can I bypass it?

Regards

Try using a second hand ECU, just wire power and can line. Close the loop with SRS module...

Meat-Head
10th October, 2009, 06:46 AM
i GUESS.... Brain and reconstructive head surgery , a $8,000.- bill for side and curtain airbags, PLUS a new pair of underwares.... right?:coffin:

THAT IS CORRECT was in uk so was ??????? +vat

Try using a second hand ECU, just wire power and can line. Close the loop with SRS module...

Good idea, but you might be best with the body module or end u adding a few more modules to it.

3axap
10th October, 2009, 08:38 AM
Hi guys,

I managed to connect to SRS Module ( of course second hand :) ).
Just wired CAN lines and some 2.7 Ohm Resistors.
It is trying to connect to CIM and other modules and gives error but I can read all the fault codes.

Thanks.

AvechuchoAxel
10th October, 2009, 09:50 AM
Hi guys,

I managed to connect to SRS Module ( of course second hand :) ).
Just wired CAN lines and some 2.7 Ohm Resistors.
It is trying to connect to CIM and other modules and gives error but I can read all the fault codes.

Thanks.

Well Done. !! could you please share what you did and how? Thanks!!

3axap
10th October, 2009, 08:27 PM
I will draw the wiring soon.

regards

AvechuchoAxel
5th December, 2009, 08:33 AM
I will draw the wiring soon.

regards

If you have your drawings ready......please share with Us..!!! thanks!