PDA

View Full Version : Strange issue with opel opel astra

ecu repair
5th May, 2017, 07:34 AM
Hi mates,
I have 2005 opel astra 1.6 z16xep MT35E the car starts okay but the right front light is totally dead..low and high beam are not working...also the crouis control is not working...i scanned the car with opcom and it could NOT communicate with SDM,UEC,REC,IPC....it could connect with other parts and they have no fault codes except DIS it has the fault code U2140-71 (invalid data from UEC)...I have tried 2 other UEC and still the same...also checked wiring under it and it is all okay....i have checked programming for all parts that could be scanned and all good ecu, immo,ABS,CIM,ECC,EHU are all okay...
If opcom could not communicate with SDM,UEC,REC,IPC as if they are not present so how the car is still able to start?It is really strange...any ideas are much appreciated...
Thanks in advance,Best regards.

ecu repair
5th May, 2017, 07:56 AM
here are the logs..

ecu repair
5th May, 2017, 08:25 AM
Hahahah....it is getting more crazy....i have just tried to scan the car with Launch scanner and it could not scan it at all...i have checked the diagnostic socket and i was shocked to find out that the is no power supply on it...pin 16 does not have 12V....so how can opcom do the communication with the car without it????This would be a question to discuss later but as for now what do you think the reason could be for having no power on diagnostic socket?all fueses are checked already...
Thanks in advance,best regards.

Shmortz
5th May, 2017, 07:29 PM
OBD connector is powered by REC module, F24-7.5A
...you may be able to comunicate with modules on SW CAN without power on OBD...

PierreTheron
5th May, 2017, 08:57 PM
Maybe need to find another same car and write down the coding

ecu repair
6th May, 2017, 08:43 AM
You are right shmortz...there was a MISSING fuse in REC that powers the OBD....but i am still stuck with the head right light...i have tried an other UEC but still not working...the head light and wiring already checked and they are okay but still not work

ecu repair
6th May, 2017, 11:40 AM
I have tried also an other light switch and also did not work....