PDA

View Full Version : No TP found

cantonbean
7th October, 2009, 07:57 PM
I have had a Kryptview box for nearly a year and have had no problems at all until the weekend just gone. I tried to turn on my box and no channels were appearing so I did a factory reset. Now it wont detect any areas on a TP search. I have the latest firmware installed. I have not been on cable for 2 years now. Have the girls who are yet to break their duck finally cut me off?

bugaloo41
7th October, 2009, 08:21 PM
you wont have been cut off - if you use the company for your internet and you can still use that then your feed is live. try again going back to factory default and rescan failing which try re-flashing the box.

cantonbean
7th October, 2009, 08:29 PM
i don't! we used to but have not for a couple of years now but signal was still coming in...now appears nothing! I have reflashed box with latest firmware...worth rolling back?

bugaloo41
7th October, 2009, 08:31 PM
i wouldnt roll back mate. are you setting up the box so that you choose your provider then choose "start scan"?

cantonbean
7th October, 2009, 08:37 PM
yep used to choose ex c&* then it would come up with a list of areas including derby (where i am based!) but now it just says finished scanning then goes into scan and finds no channels!

bugaloo41
7th October, 2009, 08:50 PM
and you have tried going straight to tp search?

if that fails from the start screen go to the scanning page and press the red button.

cantonbean
7th October, 2009, 09:18 PM
just tried tp search and no joy! is showing signal of 56 but no signal quality of any form. does that mean signal still coming in? just also tried connect direct to tv and scan for annoying msg saying please contact virgin for tv. no joy...think its dead...going to try at parents who have active broadband with v*.

cantonbean
7th October, 2009, 10:05 PM
just to says thanks for your help! decided to go back to virgin for broadband and calls as the tenner a month extra from my ex staff talktalk deal will save paying for an aerial installer!

wooper
8th October, 2009, 09:48 AM
Could always pay for minimum package.

cantonbean
8th October, 2009, 10:54 PM
Could always pay for minimum package.

that is indeed the plan and i tested it and yep cut me off! oh well!