PDA

View Full Version : Dash ford ranger after installed in car odo shows and after few seconds off...

jjservice
5th May, 2017, 07:43 PM
Does anyone had a problem of this dash Ford Ranger 24c16 dash gauge?https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170505/ff69148378469625925ac10385afb877.jpg

Sent from my SM-J710GN using Tapatalk

clusters
5th May, 2017, 08:08 PM
Incorrectly programmed mileage will do that.

Pick an option....

1. Put the original dash file back in it.
2. Ford IDS to reflash the cluster.
3. Find someone to calculate the proper mileage checksum. (good luck with that)

You can post the original dump here to have it corrected properly, but you must do one of the previous first or it will not work.

orynx666
5th May, 2017, 08:46 PM
You are 160km from me.. If u will not succes you can come. I have IDS and smok so we can try it.. :)

Dr. Zoidberg
5th May, 2017, 08:47 PM
You are 160km from me.. If u will not succes you can come. I have IDS and smok so we can try it.. :)

:congrats::congrats::congrats::congrats:

sagie1zn
6th May, 2017, 02:19 PM
besides what clusters have offered you, i have personally seen this happen to 3 clusters by people using cheap tools. i tried one after it was damaged with my tool and still wont work. i t was eventually done with advi

jjservice
6th May, 2017, 02:26 PM
Incorrectly programmed mileage will do that.

Pick an option....

1. Put the original dash file back in it.
2. Ford IDS to reflash the cluster.
3. Find someone to calculate the proper mileage checksum. (good luck with that)

You can post the original dump here to have it corrected properly, but you must do one of the previous first or it will not work.
Hello mate.. i tried upload the original dump but the problem still the same.... they bought the dash from FORD DEALER and the owner brought to me without the car.... and he asked about the dash from a technician in Ford dealer and told that need to reflash dash.... coz i tried almost 8 dump file problem still exist.

Dr. Zoidberg
6th May, 2017, 02:26 PM
The safest is always to unsolder the eeprom carefully, read and modify, it is more work, but it is safe (old school).-

jjservice
6th May, 2017, 02:28 PM
The safest is always to unsolder the eeprom carefully, read and modify, it is more work, but it is safe (old school).-
I did that mate... i removed the the eeprom 24c16... and calculate using ETSMART, and DIGIPROG3..

sagie1zn
6th May, 2017, 02:34 PM
find someone with avdi or dealer reflash

jjservice
6th May, 2017, 02:36 PM
find someone with avdi or dealer reflash
Tnx mate...i will ask the owner to send the car to dealer....😅

orynx666
25th May, 2017, 07:12 PM
If you done KM try to calculate another. Sometimes happens to me that calculator like tachosoft and smoke done this error too and when i change value km to another it worked. Some numbers of km is faulty calculated.. Try calculate another value and write. Maybe it helps. And lasttime i had situation on smax Convers+. Over smok u wrote km for example 20000 (was on tacho 10000). Wrote with no probl?m.. When u started car on was again 10000km. I try it agan 20times.. But everytime it shows after start original km and stayed there. After reflash "calibrations files" (it is called in IDS) it started working and new km value stay on it..

jomberykaso
26th May, 2017, 01:26 AM
I did that mate... i removed the the eeprom 24c16... and calculate using ETSMART, and DIGIPROG3..

So post the original file and edited file...