PDA

View Full Version : Best high definition satellite box to buy?

slayer7
8th October, 2009, 03:19 AM
i need opinions on which is the best hd box to buy?

i have read the db500 hd is coming out i wonder will it have enigma 1 firmware or will be totaly new images hence there will be problems

i have tried the db800hd and hated it, i thought enigma2 is absolutelly terrible as in my oponion theres nothing wrong with enigma1 and also the db800 overheats so thats out the window

i have seen cuberevo mini, cuberevo 3000,ip9000box,azbox

im confused at which one to get as with any of these boxes the boxes is only as good as its tried and tested firmware.

firestorm
8th October, 2009, 04:22 AM
i would almost be sure the dm500hd will be einigma2,The best hd box has got to be the dm8000 but wieghing in at nearly ?900 is not cheap,I have one and have found no major problems with it,My previous box was a 7020si which was great but the 8000 is a difrent class all together.I have had it overheat once in 5 months and that was in a rare heatwave.
As for the einigma2 it is a bit slower than enigma1 starting
but i have found a lot less crashes then E1 and i would not go back

iambruce
8th October, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'm also looking for a HD receiver I'm very much a newbie but would like to start right and get a good'un so would value some advice, does the DM8000 have a HDMI socket? I'm hoping to re-use a old but still fitted gregorian dish which I last used some years ago with a pace analogue receiver but it had 36v positioner to move the dish, so I need something to move the dish and a receiver the LNB fitted is a universal but I'll probably change it for a twin or perhaps quad it's a flange type LNB any recommendations?

firestorm
8th October, 2009, 08:08 PM
hi the 8000 dose not have a hdmi socket but it comes with a high qualty adaptor.In order to move your dish you will need a v-box there about ?40.As for lnb there plenty of choice around the darkgold ones have good reviews

iambruce
8th October, 2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks for your reply firestorm, does the adaptor get back to HDMI or what type of connection would connect to the HD tv? also how easy are they to set-up from scratch?

firestorm
8th October, 2009, 10:57 PM
the adaptor just plugs striaght into your hdmi socket on your tv.As for setting up they are quiet hard if you are not used to dreambox i would say they are a steep learning curve but you will get lots of help here

iambruce
9th October, 2009, 04:35 PM
the adaptor is a plus! do they have Wi-Fi or do you need a cable?