PDA

View Full Version : Grylls apologises for 'fake' show

janobi
20th March, 2008, 02:26 AM
British adventurer Bear Grylls has apologised for misleading viewers of his Channel 4 show, Born Survivor.
The show saw Grylls supposedly abandoned in the wild, but a programme consultant claimed the star stayed in a motel and scenes were set up for him.

"If people felt misled on how the first series was represented, I'm really sorry for that," Grylls told the BBC.

The show's producers have promised the next series of the programme "will be 100% transparent".
'Truth'

"I'm the person that takes the rap for these things, even though I'm not always involved in the editing side of it," Grylls said, "but ultimately it is me on screen

"The truth is much less exciting - we film these things over six days and, after filming the night stuff, we're back with a crew in a base camp lodge - whether it's a tented camp in the Saraha or in Sumatra poncho'd up in the jungle.

"The hotel [can be] four walls but not a roof, or a roof with no walls.

"Yes, we had a lot of those but when we're filming the live night stuff, we're out," he added.

The inconsistencies in the show, which is produced by the Discovery Channel and known as Man vs Wild elsewhere in the world, were raised by US survival consultant, Mark Weinert.

He told the Sunday Times newspaper that Grylls spent nights in a motel in Hawaii when he was claimed to be stranded on a desert island.

The Discovery Channel admitted "isolated elements" were not "natural to the environment", and promised greater clarity for the next series which will be screened in April on Channel 4.

A feature-length documentary following the explorer as he prepares to fly a powered paraglider over the summit of Mount Everest, will also be shown later this month on the channel.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7304617.stm

thommo
20th March, 2008, 03:01 AM
old news to me anyway, go on youtube and input bear Grylls is fake to see some of the things he did lol.

johnny151
23rd April, 2008, 05:57 PM
just watched the discovery channel's offering of what is currently being shown on terrestial....thaere is now a disclaimer saying something along the lines of "situations are presented to bear to show how to survive these...." obviously not real!!

biffo1
23rd April, 2008, 10:19 PM
i enjoyed the st few episodes ubtil i went on you tube , what a crock of shit he is not watched it since

TravelHead
3rd May, 2008, 02:35 AM
Les Stroud of Survivorman does all himself, including setting up the camera himself, just one on his own. Show is slower and less flashy, but has greater educational value.