PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 800 Clone Tuner Replace

cauliflower69
8th October, 2009, 04:35 PM
Right guys after promising to swap the tuners around in my original 800 and the clone I have finally done it.

I put the original tuner into the clone unit and no Glitching.

I put the clone tuner into the original unit and no Glitching. (I'm watching CH4HD atm with 76% and perfect)

I then placed clone tuner into clone box and started Glitching again.

So atm I have swapped the tuners over and both boxes are A1.

What this means I really don't know but If you have a clone box and get an original tuner it should sort it out.

Hope this helps someone

jayjayuk
8th October, 2009, 11:07 PM
thanks for trying this... i have been reading on another forum and they have recomended an inline signal booster for ?3...

so i have bought that and going to try that...
i have also bought a quad lnb....

so i have a few options to try.... i will let you know how i get on... i have ss1,disney cin,ch4hd all at fault like many others... lets see if we can solve this! :)

cauliflower69
9th October, 2009, 11:34 AM
I have also heard that the inline amplifier works but you should try it at different parts of the line if it doesn't work first time

tvadict
9th October, 2009, 04:03 PM
new original tuner costs ?30 from germany. i think for 100% glitch free tv, one needs to put in OG tuner

cauliflower69
9th October, 2009, 04:51 PM
has anyone got a link for this please as I found them on hd-sat I think for 79 euro. For 30-40 euro it's well worth it.

Satstore.co.uk has them but will only sell to ppl who bought boxes off him

dazmaul
10th October, 2009, 12:26 PM
When you say "glitching" what exactly do you mean?

I have a clone DM800 box and the tuner appears to have given up the ghost - so I am interested in knowing where the best place to get one is.

The box stopped working with HD channels and whenever I try and scan a satellite the tuner dies (show 0% SNR) and I have to reboot to watch any SD channels. But it has always seem to have slight "glitching" where the picture would break-up and momentarily freeze.

cauliflower69
11th October, 2009, 01:51 PM
what image are you using ?

on_the_jazz
15th October, 2009, 04:48 PM
I have just set up the clone dm800 I ordered from the info in that other thread (the one I can't find right now lol).

It was shipped very quickly and seems great quality for a clone. I have tried a variety of images but found myself coming back to the modified GP 4.4 image. Unlike others on here I do not find the fan very loud - although I have not added a hard drive yet.

The oled display on my box is off center, and though I've opened the box I am unable to straighten is since it seems glued in place :S No big deal though.

As for channels:
- all SD channels work glitch free
- all HD channels (apart from BBC HD) were glitching badly.

This was the the result no matter which image I used (I went through about 3 different ones (including nabilo)).

I then tried a signal amplifier (they only cost about a fiver) which cleared up 98% of the HD channels.

Overall I'm very happy and would recommend you guys try an amp rather than shell out for a new tuner.

cauliflower69
15th October, 2009, 05:57 PM
Would also suggest an amp first before tuner. All in all there a cheap way to get HD

madmanuk
8th March, 2010, 10:27 PM
i need a link for a new tuner i got a inline booster and worked fine for 4 weeks now the box is freezing again and there nothing i can do.
thanks

alunfennell
11th March, 2010, 04:33 AM
Totaly Agree an Inline Satellite Signal Amplifier / Booster 20dB gain will have you up and running in no time sell for around 5-6 quid on Fleebay.

madmanuk
11th March, 2010, 09:05 AM
its ok again now but the signal is only at 50%

av2008
12th March, 2010, 12:16 AM
its ok again now but the signal is only at 50%

If you know ur way around a soldering iron theres some mods you can do to get the tuner working again. The components are tiny though so its up to you, the tutorial is on some Chinese forum. Just search Google.

If I had a second chance I would have shelled out for an original. Its cost me so much in time and parts its not worth the initial savings.

madmanuk
12th March, 2010, 12:22 AM
yep i can solder fixed lots of cable boxes

av2008
12th March, 2010, 12:45 AM
yep i can solder fixed lots of cable boxes
Then you may as well try the fix. it requires four components. But after you do it you will still need an amp. This should make all the HD channels work.

piptaps
12th March, 2010, 03:13 PM
I wonder why people go out of the way trying to fix the clone tuner. Its best just to throw away that tuner which came with the box and replace with original from germany. Good place to get them is eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst?cke, Sportartikel und mehr ? alles zu g?nstigen Preisen (http://www.ebay.de)

you will never have HD problems again. One other thing is signal needs to be 70% + all the time on HD channels

av2008
12th March, 2010, 04:00 PM
I wonder why people go out of the way trying to fix the clone tuner. Its best just to throw away that tuner which came with the box and replace with original from germany. Good place to get them is eBay: Neue und gebrauchte Elektronikartikel, Autos, Kleidung, Sammlerst?cke, Sportartikel und mehr ? alles zu g?nstigen Preisen (http://www.ebay.de)

you will never have HD problems again. One other thing is signal needs to be 70% + all the time on HD channels

Thats a valid point but at the time I fixed mine it was very expensive to buy another. Also some people like to fiddle with electronics and might enjoy the repair. I do have over 70% on all channels.

madmanuk
12th March, 2010, 04:05 PM
mine at 50% and is ok at the min but does need a new tuner and yes i can solder but i carn't see the point in replacing caps if you still got to use a inline booster thats what i use now and it just don't work without it.

av2008
12th March, 2010, 04:11 PM
mine at 50% and is ok at the min but does need a new tuner and yes i can solder but i carn't see the point in replacing caps if you still got to use a inline booster thats what i use now and it just don't work without it.

If you dont want to use an amp then get a new one from ebay Grrmany, I dont really understand how the repair works but it is working at a good signal level, much higher than 50. The amp may not be necessary if you have a short cable and large dish but theres no harm in using one. It gives me 0 BER and no glitching.

If you get another flog the faulty one on fleabay.

One more point are you sure its the DM800 and not the cable or LNB, check all the connections out and test it with another receiver just incase before shelling out.

madmanuk
12th March, 2010, 04:21 PM
well all my channels are ok apart from the hd ones without the booster,my dm500 is also ok so its defo the tuner but not tryed the 800 at my mates yet.
that link don't work mate can you give me it again or another one.
thanks

av2008
12th March, 2010, 04:41 PM
well all my channels are ok apart from the hd ones without the booster,my dm500 is also ok so its defo the tuner but not tryed the 800 at my mates yet.
that link don't work mate can you give me it again or another one.
thanks

Try this?

Dreambox DVB-S2 Sat HD TV Tuner Modul DM800 DM 800 on eBay (end time 17-Mar-10 13:26:49 GMT) (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dreambox-DVB-S2-Sat-HD-TV-Tuner-Modul-DM800-DM-800_W0QQitemZ360241389771QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDE_Ele ktronik_Computer_TV_Video_Elektronik_TV_Receiver?h ash=item53e00f60cb)

madmanuk
12th March, 2010, 04:49 PM
thanks mate but its not worth that price
thanks

av2008
12th March, 2010, 04:54 PM
thanks mate but its not worth that price
thanks

I tried to look for you but I couldnt find anything cheaper, Thats the cheapest on ebay that I can find,

I think from now I wont bother with clones, not worth the trouble.

Even if the tuner was 40 odd quid it would still work out to 55 ish with postage.

madmanuk
12th March, 2010, 08:18 PM
yep clones are dead in my world

tvadict
13th March, 2010, 12:19 AM
i have a clone dm800, when it arrived i changed tuner straight away with an original one.

I have never had problems at all. It work just as my dm8000.

The ebay link is about ?50 tuner and the dm800 clone is now ?150 from china, total cost ?200 and you have a solid box same as the original at close to $400