PDA

View Full Version : DTC B1085-EO 2008 Ford Taurus

brcisna
14th May, 2017, 04:45 PM
Hello All,On a 2008 Ford Taurus that was crashed , I bought about a year ago. Had to replace seatbelt pretensioner , Pillar side pretensioner, Steering wheel connector piece for that airbag and RCM. All is good .A year later out of the blue I am getting DTC B1085-EO in FORScan. Oddly enough I search and find very little about this DTC code. Seat Belt Load limiter status . Some vehicles this same error code has something to do with fuel delivery as a sidenote. From what I have been able to decypher everyone ends up saying " wires shorted" but no one can give a troubleshoot matrix for this DTC.When I was trying to learn something from these codes when initially repairing this car I know it had this error too. I am thinking as soon as I replaced the RCM with a junkyard unit i found this DTC was gone afterwards?Read were the '-EO' tells a subset of the actual B1085 code but cant find any info at all on the 'EO' appended info.Anyone have any troubleshoot matrix other than " Its a wiring problem"?Thank You in advance.

repairmymodule
14th May, 2017, 06:37 PM
I don't have the appended info in front of me now but, the code refers to passenger side seat belt load limiter. The right front seat belt has 2 plugs, one for the regular ignitor and the other for the load limiter.
To narrow things down, pull up the data stream for the RCM and read the ohm of the RH load limiter. If it's not in the range of 2 to 3 ohm then there is your problem, it is most likely shorted and reading 0 ohm and the problem is usually the CPA (the clip that snaps down into plug after it is seated in seatbelt)