PDA

View Full Version : disconnect sub box ??

halau
4th August, 2008, 06:17 PM
Do we keep the sub box connected or are we pulling them out , wondering about the talkback side if i was to leave it offline

zaf786
4th August, 2008, 06:25 PM
Do we keep the sub box connected or are we pulling them out , wondering about the talkback side if i was to leave it offline
Hi i would use a splitter and leave the sub box on be on the safe side

halau
4th August, 2008, 06:33 PM
Will have to invest in one then if its the safe thing to do

Thanks

hotbaws11
5th August, 2008, 10:12 AM
I agree but I know plenty of people who don't have it connected and it hasn't made any difference (some over 5 years!)

All the cc know is that you haven't plugged it in for a while. This doesn't constitue breaking the law but it might be cause for them to get in contact with you at some point to discuss... however I haven't heard of anything like this before (e.g. no one has posted this!)

Donnie Darko
7th August, 2008, 02:20 PM
At times when they aint left plugged in they dont respond when put back online.
Speaking personally i had a mid package a few years ago,i left my subbed box offline for 6mths+.I had reason to put it back on stream,and only had fta,when i contacted them,they asked me what the problem was etc.
I bullshitted them,they told me the box had missed updates?timestamps?and had been temporarily put on hold package wise?
Just something to bear in mind.

clit-eastwood
16th August, 2008, 10:29 PM
save your money and cancel tv package. You will still get all your channels and no one will be wondering why your box aint connected

Donnie Darko
17th August, 2008, 02:49 PM
save your money and cancel tv package. You will still get all your channels and no one will be wondering why your box aint connected

Yeah then hope and pray they dont disconnect your feed at the cab.

mikeecho
20th August, 2008, 10:25 PM
I presume that there is no talkback on MMDS

satsmo
21st August, 2008, 02:12 AM
Yes you are correct.

kirit
17th October, 2008, 03:24 PM
dont disconnect your package man- they will cut you off- they cut me off
no i have to do some next level crap- i had to break the outside neighbours box cover and fit a splitter from his main connection outside his house and run coax to my house then hook it to a konig and 5 way splitter

Donnie Darko
17th October, 2008, 04:33 PM
dont disconnect your package man- they will cut you off- they cut me off
no i have to do some next level crap- i had to break the outside neighbours box cover and fit a splitter from his main connection outside his house and run coax to my house then hook it to a konig and 5 way splitter

PMSL you got some balls there,just pray an engineer dont have to visit them etc.