PDA

View Full Version : the test of iptv and cable

sparkie1234
21st May, 2017, 07:52 PM
Well guys has you know sat on the openbox and others seems to be coming to an end, so i had a look at the v8s and the iptv on them you can get all that you have lost most of them in HD, but its not easy and the v8s tend to freeze if you are channel flickering alot, so its unplug the power and restart , a bit of hard work, but yes its all there what you have lost, the other way is to go with is cable. so i put one on test today to try it and the quality on that is fantastic and very easy to use, but very hard to set up took me 3 hours, so there is a bit of light at the end of the tunnel for the v8s, hope this helps people

maca
21st May, 2017, 08:11 PM
Cable on v8s ??? are you sure ???

sparkie1234
21st May, 2017, 08:14 PM
Sorry mate i meant i tried a cable box and iptv on the v8s sat

jonti007
21st May, 2017, 08:55 PM
Is there any chance of a tutorial to set up kodi on a v8s ?
It would help me such a lot.
Hope there is help
Cheers

sparkie1234
21st May, 2017, 09:41 PM
Hope there is help
Cheers
Sorry mate ive never bothered with Kodi but on the openbox v8s there is a app saying web tv if you go into the menu option on these boxes you will find it and if you know what you are doing you can get the lost channels back, has for Kodi the infos out there you just need to look for it, cheers mate

P&D
21st May, 2017, 09:41 PM
Hope there is help
Cheers

impossible mate

portvalefanjosh
22nd May, 2017, 01:58 PM
Cable is million times better than iptv. I bought zegmma h2h ?85 From there web site flashed it , paid for 12 month ***** now all hd channels bk and I'm happy. Mrs isn't though as vermin don't do sky Atlantic. Lol.

tweenage
22nd May, 2017, 02:49 PM
How to test if virgin cable is active ? (Without a box )

portvalefanjosh
22nd May, 2017, 02:56 PM
You don't need vermin tv package just there internet.

tweenage
22nd May, 2017, 03:00 PM
I've got a vermin feed , but Vodafone fibre broadband , so have no idea if the feed works 🙄

portvalefanjosh
22nd May, 2017, 03:31 PM
If your vermin internet is on then your fine.

chris31560
22nd May, 2017, 03:33 PM
yes, any internet will work, but you need a decent speed..............c

jonti007
22nd May, 2017, 08:51 PM
Ok thanks, So its putting IPTV onto V8s. i cannot find any details of how to do that. I can easily access web tv on my set.
I assume I download or buy a file, is that right?
Then what do I do
Help
Cheers

.: JaCkPoT :.
22nd May, 2017, 09:27 PM
Ok thanks, So its putting IPTV onto V8s. i cannot find any details of how to do that. I can easily access web tv on my set.
I assume I download or buy a file, is that right?
Then what do I do
Help
Cheers

You're trying to eat your soup with a fork there mate.. You'll manage with the world of frustration and you'll just about achieve what you set out to, but really got iptv the v8s is useless. Constantly crashes, channel names don't show properly.. Only my personal opinion, I tried nut ended up with mag 256

Hovabyte
22nd May, 2017, 10:42 PM
if you have a smart tv you don't need any box. otherwise, a cheap option is a amazon firestick or a roku stick