PDA

View Full Version : Spore

austinjc
4th August, 2008, 09:13 PM
Has anyone tried the new Microsoft game Spore?
I saw a video for back in Winter of 07, and it looked crazy fun.
Just wondering if it's been released or anything like that and what your all opinions of the matter were?

Jaffa
4th August, 2008, 09:21 PM
Official release date is Sept 08, there are a few trailers available though.

I know your new here m8 and I aint having a go but theres a pc game section at link below and you may get more replies if it was posted there, as Raven is into pc games and I am sure he would know a bit more about it. Maybe a mod will move it there.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72

Raven
5th August, 2008, 02:09 PM
To be honest I don't know a great deal about Spore lol, to me it seems like The Sims but instead of dealing with people it deals with lifeforms and interplanetary evolution and the like....seems like a good premise though, people create their own creature to take online to see whose creation will be the dominant species. I must admit it sounds great but with it's cartoony look and feel I'm not sure how much water it will hold, no doubt it will be popular though for better reasons or worse simply because of the hype.

It will be interesting to see if Spore can topple The Sims in sales figures since they are made by the same company, Maxis.

nadum35
25th August, 2008, 05:36 PM
It really looks like a children's game at first, but then if you see gameplay you know it really isn't childs play

Raven
26th August, 2008, 03:17 PM
It does have a cartoony feel to it, personally I haven't seen any movies of the game so I don't know how it plays or anything...but apparently the game has gone gold a few days ago so I won't have to wait long to play the game itself lol.

Raven
4th September, 2008, 11:24 PM
I've played the game on and off for a couple of days ;)

Not got very far at all but I have to say you can just tell that alot of time, work and effort has gone into this game and it really does show.....from the very little I have seen so far it's a definite 8/10 for me thus far.

Good game, well done to Maxis for making a game of such creativity and inspiration.