PDA

View Full Version : satellite box

wongers
9th October, 2009, 07:08 PM
i'm thinkin:rock:g of getting a satelite box to replace my sky+ but want a compatable one i know i wont be able to get all the channels you get with sky but would like to keep the option of being able to record programmes any body got any ideas for a decent box and were to get it

dick b
10th October, 2009, 03:17 PM
hello mate,
where to start,there are lots of sat boxes out there with recording capabilities.
are you just going to use it on astra2/eurobird1 or are you thinking of motorising now or in the future?
I run a TM6800HD and am very pleased with it,I record the odd film on to a USB stick and they are fine,there is no built in HDD you can add one via the usb port if required. none of the general sat boxes are plug & play and need setting up but you will get all the help you need in the satellite section.

the alternative if you just want plug & play without any hassle is a freesat box with a built in HDD.I believe the Humax foxsat HDR is ok but there are others and I"ve never tried one so ask around abit more before deciding.try www.satellitesuperstore.com (http://www.satellitesuperstore.com) but as before there are plenty of sat dealers around just google.

wongers
11th October, 2009, 06:24 PM
thanks mate i just want a plug and play i'v got a eurovox for other channel so i just want the convenience of being able to record stuff to watch later