PDA

View Full Version : Technomate or Dreambox

ivanfox
4th August, 2008, 10:48 PM
Hi
I am thinking of buying hd sat receiver but cant make my mind Technomate 6900 hd combo reambox 800 hd . Some info or opinions welcome Thanks
:dong:

firestorm
4th August, 2008, 11:03 PM
they are two diffrent types of boxs the dreambox is a lynux based box which is capable of opening many channels via cams that are downloaded via a server were as the technomate will use softcam and cams like dragon to open the channels,Linuxs boxes are basicaly a lynux based pc with tuner which you can load different images also has the facilty to cardshare.but can take some getting use to but well worth it in the end,there is a new dreambox8000 coming out soon that looks very good,me personaly would go for the dreambox

Devilfish
5th August, 2008, 12:18 AM
If you like a challenge and are willing to learn loads of stuff then go for the dreambox.

If you like simplicity and ease of use then go for the technomate.

westkill
5th August, 2008, 07:50 AM
thats were i went wrong went for the challenge side of it:roflmao:
cant leave the~~~~in thing alone lol

Curious123
5th August, 2008, 01:26 PM
A friend brought a Technomate round to my house as he wanted me to update the patches but I found it very cumbersome and not at all easy to operate. He wants to buy my dm500 as he heard me bragging about what it can do and I am thinking how do I teach him in 1 hour everything I know about dreamboxes whats taken me a good six months to learn.

krazylegz
5th August, 2008, 01:31 PM
dreambox for me anyday.

i too found the same curious m8, i had a TM1500 which i thought was easy to use, i then sold it and got a dreambox which i found a doddle since i used one in my cable days but then when i go to repatch my brothers TM1500 it's like wtf..takes me ages to suss out my way around it again lol

RonnieB
6th August, 2008, 01:07 PM
Darkbox HD is another option. There was some issues with software but a lot of these problems have been fixed I think.

zaf786
6th August, 2008, 03:58 PM
Hi i will go for dreambox but not dm800 it has problems broadcom chip in the reciver is over heating and when it does that it freezes and causes other problems as well dmm are aware and working on it

tottenhamyid
19th August, 2008, 06:58 PM
Have got a technomate and a eagle linux, Linux is the way to go to futureproof its open source so can be updated constantly. More options available with the eagle if you know what I mean.lol

Regards

Tottenhamyid

sat57
21st August, 2008, 05:43 PM
Thank you for your help

ivanfox
13th October, 2008, 07:12 PM
Hi
Thanks to all but I was thinking more about future and hd plus pvr etc.
Hope tm 6900 hd combo will be able do cs.