PDA

View Full Version : GTI Golf checksum (super super urgent please)

madman47
29th May, 2017, 02:15 AM
Hello all, this job has now turned real bad, customer very unhappy
I asked for help last week and no one could, now im really stressed and am desperate for help

mk5 GTI
faults for checksum error

Ive tried to reflash with this original file, however the car does not start due to immo

Can someone please either correct my original file or guide me as what im doing wrong please

Many thanks

Mario3
29th May, 2017, 10:16 AM
med9 is very very sensitive for data change, so if you dont have a 100% bdm read in the first place you are in trouble.

Thing is, that there is a data blok inside the flash dump wich has the encryption key for the immo realted data in the eeprom. So if you change this data in the flash you will get the immo active because the flash-eep doesent pair anymore. And also when you flash the right data back the checksum in the eep will be also modified for every flash mod. its a complicated ecu alltogether

But if you have the original dump from the flash you can solve it, but you have to write the file over BDM back and on next ignition eep should be fixed then..

If you dont have the ori flash in full read format, then try to find a full bdm read wich match your sw number and then you need to adapt it to the immo system of the car where you also need some special tools like avdi or smok etc

But anyways flash+eep must be in-pair only then you can get the car starting again

Good Luck!

madman47
29th May, 2017, 11:10 AM
Thanks for the detailed description, this would explain why i cannot get another dump to work.
The first attachment (GTI.rar) is my original files both flash and eprom. Problem is, there must be a fault with either the flash or the eprom as the ECU logs checksum error. How to determine if it is the flash at fault or the eprom.
PS- these files are orig, not attempted chiptune!

morgano
29th May, 2017, 01:14 PM
For me the flash and eep are ok and match, flash back the complete .dim file and see if car starts.

madman47
29th May, 2017, 08:50 PM
The car starts and runs fine. As I mentioned it logs fault code for checksum error. I have not tried to modify

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

morgano
30th May, 2017, 07:44 AM
Maybe someone did before you but as i told you flash and eep seem ok to me. Both flash and eep checksums are ok.