PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Screen

RitchieUK
10th October, 2009, 12:16 PM
Has anyone been as silly as me and dropped their nice shiny new iPhone on the ground and split the screen?

I've cracked the 'glass' cover and not the LCD its self, so the phone still works ok, i've put a protective cover over it, and its useable, just looks a bit pants.

Went into the apple shop and they wanted ?90 to replace it. Is it possiable to get it replaced cheaper (maybe in a private phone shop??) or do i have to stump up that money for Apple?

Cheers

Ritchie

smoggy
10th October, 2009, 02:49 PM
if you fancy doing it yourself check out here

YouTube - iPhone Screen Replacement & Disassemble/TakeApart Directions

YouTube - How to fix an iPhone Screen

stringy09
13th October, 2009, 04:53 PM
What you have broke is the digitizer. If you want to follow the previously posted videos then do a google search for iPhone spares, the digitizer is about ?40-?50 to buy new.

Although I thought Apple would have charged more than ?90, that seems quite resonable tbh especially if it means keeping your warranty.

cactikid
15th September, 2011, 10:01 PM
our local techfixers usually does pc and laptop repairs but also does a very large amount of iphone repairs,who wants to use a leather wallet lol,even got 1 in after car ran over it and all it needed was another screen.

pimpnutz
15th September, 2011, 11:22 PM
Dropped my iphone4 after 3 days and cracked the screen. Booked an appoinment at the Genius bar in Bristol. Told them what happened,she took my phone out back and then said she would replace as a 1 off free of charge!!

Even gave it back jailbroken,no questions or problems. I was polite and just simply said i wasnt in a position to fork out ?100 for something that should not have cracked so easy.