PDA

View Full Version : Can Virgin M**ia detect that I am using a Eurovox??

chinkoblinko
5th August, 2008, 08:27 AM
Hi All,

I am new to this, and was just wondering if anyone knows if Virgin can detect that i'm using a Eurovox box and not their box??

I have unplugged there box and replaced it with the Eurovox. I read some where that it might be worth plugging the old box into another telly, but that means running extra cable etc and I don't really want to. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Russ:trytofly:

NineLives
5th August, 2008, 08:44 AM
I was very certain that VM cant detect however, now I'm unsure due to the Gem Image blocking clone Dreamboxes. Its a good question and I'd love to find out.

pacman362
5th August, 2008, 09:26 AM
Eurovox is only a receiver so they cannot see it don't worry.

chinkoblinko
5th August, 2008, 09:37 AM
Thanks Pacman. Do you think I need to bother plugging in the old box so that it sends talkback every now and again?

Cheers

Russ

aftermath
5th August, 2008, 09:54 AM
To give you piece of mind, buy a splitter and have the 2 boxes connected, they will think something is fishy if they are not communicating with the subbed box.

zaf786
5th August, 2008, 09:57 AM
Hi All,

I am new to this, and was just wondering if anyone knows if Virgin can detect that i'm using a Eurovox box and not their box??

I have unplugged there box and replaced it with the Eurovox. I read some where that it might be worth plugging the old box into another telly, but that means running extra cable etc and I don't really want to. Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers

Russ:trytofly:
Hi they can,t detect your eurovox it has no talkback but i would use the sub box just use a splitter if they get no signal back they might ask why you are not using there box

chinkoblinko
5th August, 2008, 10:22 AM
Thanks all, does anyone know where I can get the extra cable and splitter from so I can connect the standard box?

Cheers

Russ

Dreamer
5th August, 2008, 10:26 AM
There you go

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=QQ69A&DOY=5m8
splitter

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?ModuleNo=98026&doy=5m8

cable

clit-eastwood
11th August, 2008, 12:42 AM
The easiest thing to do is just cancel your tv package, that way you will save a few quid as well. As an ex telewest engineer, i know that they dont send engineers out to disconnect cables just because a customer isnt using the services. Also, even without any services, the signal is always live on the cable that comes into your home, unless it has been disconnected for some other reason.

caveman_nige
11th August, 2008, 12:47 AM
Thanks all, does anyone know where I can get the extra cable and splitter from so I can connect the standard box?

Cheers

Russ

B&Q mate, if you do not have a nice tech store nearby...

.: JaCkPoT :.
11th August, 2008, 01:13 AM
B&Q mate, if you do not have a nice tech store nearby...

They do seem a bit expensive though, but if this is the only shop nearby which sell it then go on.

danb07
11th August, 2008, 08:38 PM
hey... I was so worried about the whole talkback thing!! thanks for putting my mind at rest!!!

clit-eastwood
11th August, 2008, 10:02 PM
Just be careful not to make the same mistake one of my "ex customers" did. He called Telewest to say he needed an engineer to call on him as he was having a problem with his modem, i was given the job as a service call, i sorted the modem, but also as part of the job i had to also check any other equipment he had, before i left. I noticed his stb had no return path, (talkback). The reason was, because his box was "chipped", This put me in a very awkward position, as i was not allowed to leave the premises until i had rectified the problem, and my manager knew i was at the job, so all i could do was tell my manager about the problem. Unfortunately it got passed to their internal fraud investigation. SO, always get your "dodgy kit" well hidden before calling out an engineer :shot:

hal
16th August, 2008, 02:03 PM
Just be careful not to make the same mistake one of my "ex customers" did. He called Telewest to say he needed an engineer to call on him as he was having a problem with his modem, i was given the job as a service call, i sorted the modem, but also as part of the job i had to also check any other equipment he had, before i left. I noticed his stb had no return path, (talkback). The reason was, because his box was "chipped", This put me in a very awkward position, as i was not allowed to leave the premises until i had rectified the problem, and my manager knew i was at the job, so all i could do was tell my manager about the problem. Unfortunately it got passed to their internal fraud investigation. SO, always get your "dodgy kit" well hidden before calling out an engineer :shot:

some ppl are stupid... :)

jg1875
14th December, 2009, 01:29 PM
The easiest thing to do is just cancel your tv package, that way you will save a few quid as well. As an ex telewest engineer, i know that they dont send engineers out to disconnect cables just because a customer isnt using the services. Also, even without any services, the signal is always live on the cable that comes into your home, unless it has been disconnected for some other reason.

Such as not paying your bill? I have limited service just now, but when i scan i seem to get less chanels.

hill8764
14th December, 2009, 05:55 PM
hi i spoke to a vm engininer he said that they cannot detect them they know there out there but dont know where so that is why they change the codes

hill8764
14th December, 2009, 05:58 PM
from computer fairs eg bowlers manchester

dank76
14th December, 2009, 06:23 PM
use splitter to connect both

priceyson27
14th December, 2009, 10:54 PM
are these boxes still goin down in early next year???

antenna123
15th December, 2009, 08:41 PM
hi i am new to this forums . i was wondering if someone could help me with, i have a eurovox ex1000sl and load with the lasted firmware (UFL_EX 1000SL_24-02-09_Dar) i have flash the box and did a power scan with my area symbol rate (6.887 mbaud) when the scan is finish i get a window showing ch num ,frequency , symbol rate(6.887 Mbaud) , modulator(QAM64).but when i exit out of this window on tv screen saying no channels. any help would be greatfull thank you.

Wilson19
15th December, 2009, 09:18 PM
How do I use a splitter if there is only 1 cable thatw s originaly from my Virgin box?

antenna123
15th December, 2009, 09:33 PM
using a two way splitter!!!!! put a two way splitter to the end of the cable that run into your house and one go to your vm and the other to your eurovox hope this make sent

Wilson19
15th December, 2009, 09:50 PM
sorry dont understand lol

chic.
15th December, 2009, 10:36 PM
sorry dont understand lol

simple 1 in 2 out http://i.ebayimg.com/18/!BPTqS0w!2k~$(KGrHgoH-D!EjlLlz,uWBJy98)T4tQ~~_35.JPG

bigbob
16th December, 2009, 12:55 AM
I BANG MY HEAD

DarkFX
16th December, 2009, 01:04 AM
They won't work at all soon with Nagra 3's introduction.

Unless there's a major software upgrade :(

dank76
16th December, 2009, 01:21 AM
They won't work at all soon with Nagra 3's introduction.

Unless there's a major software upgrade :(

put your box in the attic to keep