PDA

View Full Version : jeep eeprom

montana man
1st June, 2017, 05:32 AM
I work for a registered import company and we are having a hard time programming a jeep wrangler instrument cluster to go from km to miles for the odometer reading and was wondering if anyone would be willing to give me advice on what I need to do and use. I do have the data smart 3+ tool

jomberykaso
1st June, 2017, 05:54 AM
you will need to read a lot and spend hours in front of your computer

nickolasd
1st June, 2017, 05:00 PM
if your company so important why dont you ask for advice form you supervisor or manager, you dont need a help of a forum. when company is registered it all should be covered.

diagtech
1st June, 2017, 11:56 PM
They may never have seen one before if you have an mph dataset you can try changing data over tour your clocks in blocks and see what changes are then narrow down where it is coded

montana man
2nd June, 2017, 02:40 AM
sorry meant to say import and we are a new business so everyone is learning sorry i offended you

montana man
2nd June, 2017, 02:47 AM
sounds like I may have taken on more then I can handle any one willing to help me with what I would need to buy or download to be able to do this I have basic knowledge of electronics

epd1221
2nd June, 2017, 04:28 AM
What year jeeps???

XmoDDeR
2nd June, 2017, 06:52 AM
nothing to dl u learn hex use dsp3 hexeditor and bingo u done

montana man
3rd June, 2017, 07:35 AM
2007-2017 jeeps

montana man
3rd June, 2017, 07:40 AM
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.4BxKtBd69ocABnxD7yPqHAEsEn&w=211&h=207&c=7&qlt=90&o=4&pid=1.7
this is the tool they gave me will this work or will I need something different

wokcz
3rd June, 2017, 07:46 AM
this is the tool they gave me will this work or will I need something different

Better buy some mcu/eeprom programmers (check which chips you would need to program and buy the appropriate programmer) and start experimenting.

nickolasd
4th June, 2017, 05:14 AM
see if your data smart tool can read full eeprom over obd, and transfer to your computer, if yes, find here on a forum dump out of exactly the same vehicle but with KM, write that dump back to your vehicle, and then correct KM to needed number with data smart.
if over obd doesn't work then you need a programmer.

montana man
8th June, 2017, 04:59 AM
where could I get a programmer and what tools would I need

wokcz
8th June, 2017, 05:26 AM
where could I get a programmer and what tools would I need

You can get programmers everywhere, ebay, aliexpress, google. What tool do you need? Depends on the chip you want to read/write.

narkeleptk
8th June, 2017, 05:39 AM
Im not that sure what chips are common in cluster work but xprog and orange5 would be good programmers to look into. Avoid clones and stick to originals.

montana man
8th June, 2017, 06:35 AM
so i have a data smart 3+ odometer correction tool and i am tryimg to figure where the chip is a the jeep and what style chip it is and how to program from km to miles on the odometer and my boss has bought a new laptop so we can download any programs we need and also gave me a good size for anything i need to buy make this work

narkeleptk
8th June, 2017, 01:22 PM
so i have a data smart 3+ odometer correction tool and i am tryimg to figure where the chip is a the jeep and what style chip it is and how to program from km to miles on the odometer and my boss has bought a new laptop so we can download any programs we need and also gave me a good size for anything i need to buy make this work

Cant you open it up and see?

montana man
12th June, 2017, 10:52 PM
What type of chip would a 2007 and up jeep wrangler have so I can buy the correct programmer

clusters
13th June, 2017, 02:31 AM
Update you DSP3 so it will do it OBD, simple.

Have you looked under Chrysler for Wrangler? Don't forget the SRI.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYo3fa4Kjak