PDA

View Full Version : Siemens simos 7.1 40bb. Using winols to locate cat switch and to remove lambdas

eepromdom
3rd June, 2017, 12:36 PM
Hi all. I'm so new to this its scary and quite intimidating , but from what I've read from the guys who know their shit, the best way to do cat, lambda, egr, fap , speed limiter, dpf off on the ecu's is to actually do it manually using your brain and winols. I've seen there's a lot of programs out there claiming wonderful editing at the click of a button but best results are the guys who have years experience and knowledge using winols. So my question is; on a Siemens simos 7.1 vw caddy ecu, how does the cat/ lambda string look like and how do I edit those functions off? P.s. cmd flasher, galletto, or kess? Anybody using the abrites bench facilities and having success? I have a long hard road ahead of me but I'm sure there are guys on the forum willing to spare some time to teach me along the way. Any manuals or guides I can download to get me started? I did I peugot 307 and had success finding the string and dpf switch. But I realised its better to do a dpf regeneration and dtc clear before modding the file.... Thank you in advance...