PDA

View Full Version : Plain old Bubble and Squeak

aftermath
5th August, 2008, 01:49 PM
Mash the potato, corned beef, and cabbage in a large bowl with your hands.
Melt the butter in a large frying pan, on medium heat add the onion and fry for 7-8 minutes untill they are soft.
Turn the heat up to full, add the potato,corned beef,cabbage mix and a little salt and pepper.
Fry for 15 mins , stirring a few times until its nice and crispy.

berley
6th August, 2008, 05:01 PM
i had never tried this until i was at carlisle one day visiting the outlaws - his mum made it and tbh i thought she was just chucking all the left overs into a frying pan but it tasted really nice

maj01
21st October, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hi
I had no idea what exactly Bubble and Squeak was. Thanks for the recipe. I am going to try it tomorrow. Can you use something else instead of corned beef?

theduck
23rd October, 2008, 02:16 PM
thanks, wondering what to get tonight.

wiggy
5th December, 2008, 05:02 PM
evrytime i attempt to make bubble and squeak it i can never get it to go crispy but will try it again using this recipie

thirty3
5th December, 2008, 10:25 PM
You can leave out the corned beef if your a veggie....

Try alittle butter to make it brown...or try not moving it around so much in the pan but dont let it stick...lol. A good non stick is best..

opsmonkey
6th December, 2008, 08:33 PM
i've made this.. its the nuts... :unionflag:

Maddog
9th January, 2009, 02:01 PM
you can never get sick of this old favourite

onlinesniper
9th June, 2009, 12:18 PM
yes nice indeed i luv it

bogstandard1
9th June, 2009, 01:25 PM
Love bubble and squeak, around our way most Sunday dinners end up as this , and by law you have to empty 1/4 of a bottle of brown sauce into it ...... Gordon Ramsey eat your heart out :hahaha::hahaha::hahaha:

munchkin59
10th June, 2009, 07:47 AM
Never had this with corned beef used to be monday tea for us with leftovers from sunday lunch.....
little bit like kolcannon