PDA

View Full Version : ECU Flasher and Software Selection

kaosecu
7th June, 2017, 11:39 AM
Hello Guys,

as car enthusiast, i'm very interested in how ECU's and Mapping work.
(For now) I'm not interested in writing my own Files as they would fail anyway (no experience), but i would still like to play around with a map and take a sight into my engine management.

Here are my questions:

- What Flasher do you recommend? It should be "suitable" for beginners, in best case with a good documentation you can teach yourself the procedures of Up- and Downloading with.
I saw many Shops offering many Hardware in many different configurations.The only differences i found out about is that some of them only flash by obd and some support "hard wired flashing" directly into the ECU.
Furthermore, i guess most of them are china clones - would they're quality be sufficient for hobby use?

- What Software for reading binaries do you recommend? By googling, i found "WinOLS" and "ECMTitanium". Some people say, ECM is better because it can identify maps automatically - some say the software is crap as this mechanism doesn't work properly.

Thank you all in Advance.

Edit: Btw, i saw some "TuningGuides" where the Memory Adresse were described. Is there anything around for Bosch MED17.2 used in 1.6 Mini Turbo Gasoline Engines?