PDA

View Full Version : Simple app - techie problem...

NevTheTech
11th October, 2009, 11:59 PM
Hi. I've been a programmer for around 30 years now and can usually pick a language up pretty quick. What I'd like to know is where to start to put this app together (I'm used to MS but could probably turn my hand to Linux):

I want to be able to use a message app like LanTalk (ie: one that uses MS NET SEND protocols, could even write my own) to send a message to the Dreambox, that will then display in a box on the TV and require an "OK" button press to clear (if possible this will send some sort of <Ack> to the originating machine to inform it that the msg has been cleared - Once again, I could probably write my own app to handle whatever <Ack> maybe returned/sent).

Or has someone already done this (that would be so much easier)?

Otherwise, where would I start?

Nev.

scruff1963
12th October, 2009, 09:25 PM
If you have a neutrino image it is built into yweb not sure about enigma images.

Hi. I've been a programmer for around 30 years now and can usually pick a language up pretty quick. What I'd like to know is where to start to put this app together (I'm used to MS but could probably turn my hand to Linux):

I want to be able to use a message app like LanTalk (ie: one that uses MS NET SEND protocols, could even write my own) to send a message to the Dreambox, that will then display in a box on the TV and require an "OK" button press to clear (if possible this will send some sort of <Ack> to the originating machine to inform it that the msg has been cleared - Once again, I could probably write my own app to handle whatever <Ack> maybe returned/sent).

Or has someone already done this (that would be so much easier)?

Otherwise, where would I start?

Nev.

NevTheTech
13th October, 2009, 06:54 AM
I have DK 1.1 Cam 1.7 with Enigma running on DB500c.

Thanks for the reply by the way...

Any suggestions on language or dev package to use, or should I look at changing the image do you think?

Nev.

scruff1963
13th October, 2009, 08:10 AM
to check if it works on your image.
go to your webbrowser and type
http://your box ip
and have a look see if it is on there, it's been a while since i played with an enigma image but i'm pretty sure it has the same function.
I'm assuming your box is connected to your network.