PDA

View Full Version : KESS 5.017 " Wrong Security Code" Fixing Method

smarku
16th June, 2017, 08:50 AM
When i used KESS 5.017 R/W my car,i met " Wrong Security Code" error

At first, i thought i must received a fault kess v2 5.017 master,so i cant wait to contact the reseller i bought from and they give me some guide on how to fix this problem and i followed,luckily to say,the guid works,and the error be fixed as well. The problem mainly resulted from my operation ,so i share my fixing method here and hope it will be useful for renault or other users who maybe meet same problem.

To fix this prolem,you need adjust your ECU Reading Speed at a reasonable rang,which means,dont make it read too fast or too slow. hange read speed to slow, if this not work then leave ignition on position two for 30–40mins then try to read ecu without turning ignition off when kess software ask.

When you connect and correctly choose driver you should see a screen of options beginning with IDENTIFY, READ, WRITE, RECOVER, SPECIAL and SETUP.
Choose setup it has 2 options PULL UP and SPEED. Choose SPEED. This has 2 options, MINIMUM and MAXIMUM. Select MINIMUM. Note these options do not appear to be sticky so you must do this for each attempt.

It is also important to have around 14.5 volts present, best achieved with a stabilised power supply suitable for programming support, but I have had success with a heavy duty jump starter arger connected. It might be worth mentioning that trying this with the headlamps or side lamps on in an attempt to smooth things out results in read failure every time, as does a voltage of 13 volts, I cannot explain why this is, but it is.

If you still cant fix,you can PM me or you can google or contact your seller and se whether they can give you a useful guide.

teerak2uk
16th June, 2017, 10:26 AM
Chinese or Russian clone?

AnixoR
17th June, 2017, 04:15 PM
I have this prolem now with original Kess.... on AUDI A6 4F EDC16CP34 ECU.. now i try to leave ignition for a 40 min and try to read again!

Samsara
17th June, 2017, 05:10 PM
Hello.
About this Kess 5.017, anyone can tell me if Mitsubishi DENSO protocol 482 work with OBD ?
No need to plug OBD, just select it if possible, old Kess 4.036 cannot select it (greyed option).

smarku
19th June, 2017, 03:08 AM
Hello.
About this Kess 5.017, anyone can tell me if Mitsubishi DENSO protocol 482 work with OBD ?
No need to plug OBD, just select it if possible, old Kess 4.036 cannot select it (greyed option).

Far as i knew,if your car was following types, the KESS 5.017 can work

457610 457611

smarku
19th June, 2017, 03:11 AM
Chinese or Russian clone?

Chinese clone.

Samsara
19th June, 2017, 03:36 AM
Far as i knew,if your car was following types, the KESS 5.017 can work

Thanks, but i ask for select it, please can you try ?

amberci
30th May, 2018, 10:00 PM
I've got the same problem with reading Nissan NV200 1.5dCi. There is no read/write speed adjustment, only ID, READ, WRITE, RECOVERY. I have tried to change SPEED to a MINIMUM on a last model that I worked with, which was Honda Civic and still no luck.
One more option to wait 30-40 minutes which I did not tried yet. Can someone tell me what does this waiting affect? I just don't get how this may help...

amittalkin
19th March, 2019, 01:38 PM
Bumping this thread as I am getting similar issue with Kess 5.017 on my Ford Aspire. I dont get "SETUP" option in kess menu. Anyone has fix for this issue?

boxsport
20th July, 2019, 04:29 AM
Hello Guys,
I´m also trying to read my (old) car ECU and i´m also having the "Wrong Security Code" Error on my Kess 5.017 (CH clone).
I already made the rework on my Kess, and also made the SD Card with a good one...
Already tried changing the SPEED to Minimum, but still no luck...
The car i´m trying to read is the Mexican Model of the "Corsa B", but i´m pretty sure the ECUs are different from Europe and Mexican models...
I already saw some videos of people trying to read these ECUs, but they were using CARProg, and they selected the Bosh ME 1.5.5 protocol, but when i try to read that protocol, i just get the VIN Number, doing the ID Read.
The Engine model/type just comes out with "yyyyyy".
When i try to read ID using the protocol "Delco", i get the VIN number, engine model/type and the SW version/revision.
But when i try to read the ECU, i get the "Wrong Security Code" error...

Could anyone give me some tips on what could be the problem?
I know i can do much on modifying these ECU maps (also because i´m learning), but i wanted to read this ECU, also to see if i could change the VIN number (because i swapped engine and ECU from other car).

If anyone could help me out giving some tips i would really appreciate...
I also have K-Tag (Ch Clone), but i still haven't used it, and its still without Rework and a proper SD Card.
I´m waiting to get the MPPS V16 tool (cheap one) to see if i can get any luck on reading this...

All comments on this will be very helpful...

Thanks

waleedmango
16th November, 2019, 07:25 PM
Hi,
Did anyone found a solution for "Wrong security code" issue ?
I have a 2019 Isuzu Dmax 3.0 with Transtron ECU, i'm using kess v2.23
I did read 80+ cars with same method and it works perfectly, but this is the only one is showing the error
I waited for long time with ignition on and also plugged a jumper cable, still can't read the ecu

Help needed please

gas43
16th November, 2019, 10:41 PM
Hi,
Did anyone found a solution for "Wrong security code" issue ?
I have a 2019 Isuzu Dmax 3.0 with Transtron ECU, i'm using kess v2.23
I did read 80+ cars with same method and it works perfectly, but this is the only one is showing the error
I waited for long time with ignition on and also plugged a jumper cable, still can't read the ecu

Help needed please

Maybe try with newest kess 2.47 (5.017)....

waleedmango
16th November, 2019, 11:08 PM
I have tried with version 2.47 but i'm still getting the same error.

I just bought MMCflasher with isuzu Module 70 .. I will give it a try once received.

antimon95
17th November, 2019, 01:39 AM
My friend fixed this with flashing with original ecu file with recovery method. Read/write trigerred wrong security code. Probably he was using file with wrong checksum. Because we flashed some file without correcting checksums. So try recovery with original file.

MrSneak3rs
7th June, 2022, 12:50 AM
After a rather long time I managed to fix that security code not ready / check connection.

Kinda took that literally and opened up my kess v2 and checked for any damage.
I then found that the pins holding the serial port were loose, this disrupted the signal from the obd2 port, I cleaned it and tightened them. I was able to flash again.

Hope this helps