PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 3.1/3.1.2 jailbreak and free apps guide

stringy09
13th October, 2009, 02:02 AM
Okay so dell_xps has already posted that blackra1n is out and that it can jailbreak any iPhone or iPod touch.

Well i just thought i would expand on things and post a full guide to jailbreaking and how to get almost all app store apps for free :proud:

Just follow the PDF guide i have attached

ianmac
13th October, 2009, 12:54 PM
Okay so dell_xps has already posted that blackra1n is out and that it can jailbreak any iPhone or iPod touch.

Well i just thought i would expand on things and post a full guide to jailbreaking and how to get almost all app store apps for free :proud:

Be careful!!

It will Jailbreak, but it won't unlock it, and if you use this program + update you could ruin your chances to unlock your iPhone in the future.

If your happy to stay with o2 forever then this will be ok,
but If you want to be able to put in other sim cards, change networks when your contract runs out, and not be tied in to just O2, then wait a bit longer.
I for one like to use the iphone abroad and not have to pay the O2 roaming data charges (coz nearly every app on the iphone has to get it's info from internet).

So I will be sticking with my 3.0 unlock & Jailbreak for a little while longer, till the Dev team find a way around it.

Hope this helps...
Ian

stringy09
13th October, 2009, 01:50 PM
No need to be careful peeps, if you read the guide all the warnings are there.

This guide is only for OS 3.1 & 3.1.2, so if your on 3.1 just don't update to 3.1.2. And if your already on 3.1.2 then your stuck with O2. As it says in the guide. Sure blackra1n can unlock all iPhones but i havn't tried it on anything other than 3.1 or 3.1.2.

This program will not unlock your iPhone, but because it jailbreaks it your halfway there for when someone brings out an unlock for OS 3.1.

Go get your free apps, why should windows mobile users have all the free fun!

biffo1
14th October, 2009, 06:45 PM

great post mate thanks
biffo

SJM
14th October, 2009, 08:08 PM
Just wondering if their was a 'JailBreak' for the N97?
I quite fancy the need to get free applications as such but not the trials and really don't want to pay the cash.

nicket
14th October, 2009, 08:25 PM
New to these forums but I've been looking for a guide like this for a while now. Thanks!

stringy09
15th October, 2009, 04:33 AM
Glad it's been of some help. I almost gave up after it refused to print to PDF.

But i used the free GoPDF program and it worked beautifully, check it out if you want to print anything to PDF.

For the guy asking about N97 apps for free, i have recently got rid of a Nokia E51 and found that the apps for symbian s60 devices were quite easy to find on torrent sites.

SJM
16th October, 2009, 11:42 PM
Glad it's been of some help. I almost gave up after it refused to print to PDF.

But i used the free GoPDF program and it worked beautifully, check it out if you want to print anything to PDF.

For the guy asking about N97 apps for free, i have recently got rid of a Nokia E51 and found that the apps for symbian s60 devices were quite easy to find on torrent sites.

Really? I always thought the majority of them contained virus' =/ Can you recommend me a site? Are BTjunkie and Mininova ok torrent sites?

Mooley
18th October, 2009, 10:35 PM
I have an iphone 3gs 3.1 baseband 5.11.07 bought in the states a week ago. Does anyone know if it's possible to unlock this?

dell_xps
19th October, 2009, 12:19 PM
I have an iphone 3gs 3.1 baseband 5.11.07 bought in the states a week ago. Does anyone know if it's possible to unlock this?

Not at the moment m8, all you can do is jailbreak it just now I'm afraid.
Another suggestion is one of those turbo sims, have alook on Ebay, as I say just a suggestion might not work with the Iphone but worth having a look at.
HTH

Mooley
19th October, 2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks for the reply dell. Checked out devilsim and it seems they have no plans to release an iphone version so imagine the rest will be similar. I used blackra1n on it yesterday and seemed to jailbreak it but then it won't boot up it's stuck in Recovery mode! I'm about to download a custom firmware which doesn't update the baseband as I don't want to recover in itunes and let it update the baseband.

dell_xps
19th October, 2009, 06:29 PM
Let us know how it goes, I'm thinking of updating mine from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 later on tonight.
Will keep you posted on how it goes.
I was holding off as I like the tethering function, now MyWi is on Cydia for 3.1.2, the time is right.
Check out MyWi on Cydia, makes your iphone act as a wireless router, awesome prog.

Mooley
19th October, 2009, 07:09 PM
Well I got got the custom firmware and when I plug into usb it opens in itunes and says the phone is in recovery mode so when I hit 'Restore' while holding down shift and choose my custom ispw it then says extracting then preparing phone then I get error 1600!! Now I'm sweating cos it's not my bloody phone! Im wary of using the official update from itunes cos that'll change the baseband surely?

dell_xps
19th October, 2009, 07:17 PM
Did you use an activated custom firmware m8?

dell_xps
19th October, 2009, 07:21 PM
hold the power and home button for 25 seconds m8 see if it helps you.

EDIT
IF STILL NO JOY UNINSTALL ITUNES AND REINSTALL IT.

Mooley
19th October, 2009, 09:17 PM
Tried the holding doen Home and power thing many many times cheers man and nowt. Uninstalled and reinstalled itunes many times and have tried 7.7 now just about to try 8.

dell_xps
20th October, 2009, 12:59 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2538/4027903480_1f1746e4ce.jpg

Updated to custom 3.1.2 activated firmware, reinstalled all my appz, took a little while as I have a few now, didn't come across any probs.
Hope you managed to get your Iphone working ?

EDIT
COME ACROSS THIS M8

This is what I did to get out of dfu mode...
Simply hold pwr and home buttons until it resets
to apple logo, next press pwr button to
pwr off. Now
power on and leave it at the apple logo
and it will come on normal after a delay of atleast 5
mins or so.

Mooley
20th October, 2009, 02:42 AM
Cheers man getting no reaction no matter how long I hold down Home and power. No matter what combinations and what buttons after I'm getting nothing on screen.

dell_xps
20th October, 2009, 09:14 AM
Your modem firmware version is the very latest so as a last resort I'd just update it via Itunes to 3.1.2, at least you can hand back the phone working, they will just have to buy an o2 pay as you go sim or wait until there is a prog to unlock it.
Not the best solution I know, but if you backed against a corner,fcuk it.
PS have you tried the very latest Itunes to see if it brings it back to life ?

Mooley
20th October, 2009, 12:41 PM
I was thinking that man (just using the official update) but was unsure what baseband would be put on. Thanks for letting me know thats the latest so thats what I'll do. I can jailbreak 3.1.2 and he can just wait till the unlock comes out. What about this fuzzyband or something I heard about to change your baseband. Will that not wotk on the latest BB?? I didn't think he could put an O2 pay as you go sim in because it's an AT+T phone. Can you?

dell_xps
20th October, 2009, 03:17 PM
I bought mine in America, it will accept an o2 sim no probs m8,
fuzzy band wont work with the latest modem firmware m8, or I would of mentioned it earlier to ya, let us know how it goes.

Rubwens
21st October, 2009, 11:45 PM
Yes,it's for real.....devteam announced that the jailbreak+unlock for 3gs is possible now....if you are interested,mooley,i can post to help you to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3GS

Rubwens
22nd October, 2009, 12:06 AM
Mooley, try to install iTunes 9.0.....connect your iPone,open Itunes and try this: hold down the Power button 3sec;without releasing the Power button,also hold down the Home(button center) button for 10 sec.;without releasing the Home button,release the Power button, BUT KEEP holding the Home button for 15 sec...you will hear a sound...

ianmac
22nd October, 2009, 12:16 AM
Yes,it's for real.....devteam announced that the jailbreak+unlock for 3gs is possible now....if you are interested,mooley,i can post to help you to jailbreak and unlock your iPhone 3GS

Thats ok if you have got a MAC, but no good for windows.
You have to get a MAC user to create an ipsw file for you to flash in iTunes.

dell_xps
22nd October, 2009, 01:08 AM

Hi m8 a link to this would be nice, as the only method I know of is using a custom firmware that preserves the BB for windows users.
I used a custom firmware the other night to upgrade my 3GS to 3.1.2, preserves BB and easily unlocked.
No use if you have updated to 3.1 , 3.1.2 as the BB has been upgraded.

ianmac
22nd October, 2009, 02:02 AM
Hi m8 a link to this would be nice, as the only method I know of is using a custom firmware that preserves the BB for windows users.
I used a custom firmware the other night to upgrade my 3GS to 3.1.2, preserves BB and easily unlocked.
No use if you have updated to 3.1 , 3.1.2 as the BB has been upgraded.

Hi dell

I am not so sure that you can unlock it now.

As I said in post 3, you have to keep the custom firmware below 3.0, to keep the baseband safe,
anything higher than that & you risk never being able to unlock it.

It is getting harder & harder for the likes of Dev team ect to find ways around the Apple updates, so you have to be careful where you get your files from & stay away from updating until these guys find away around it.

Anyway, Is this link you wanted?
:wink:

Dev-Team Blog (http://blog.iphone-dev.org/)

I hope this helps

Ian

dell_xps
22nd October, 2009, 02:10 AM
I d/l my custom firmware from alt.bin mac, took a gamble as it could have been some joker posting it, but it was 100% all good.
I went from 3.0.1 to 3.1.2 and preserved my BB.
Most people who have had a jailbroken/unlocked Iphone if they follow the guide on how to upgrade, never direct from Itunes, should be able to carry on using whatever sim they want.
I was commenting on the guy b4 you Ian.
HTH

ianmac
22nd October, 2009, 02:18 AM
Dell_xps

Have you got a Mac pc?

dell_xps
22nd October, 2009, 02:21 AM
Dell_xps

Have you got a Mac pc?

No m8, I have a Dell_XPS lol
I'd like a mac, maybe Santa will bring me one.

ianmac
22nd October, 2009, 02:28 AM
No m8, I have a Dell_XPS lol
I'd like a mac, maybe Santa will bring me one.

Ha! Ha!

I am thinking of getting a cheap second hand one just to keep my iPhone up to date,
now that the Dev team have dropped the windows hacks.. :-(

Mooley
22nd October, 2009, 03:05 AM
Cheers lad but I'm on a pc and the phone came from the box with baseband 05.11.07 which is the latest and 3.1 firmware which it doesn't matter if I upgrade to 3.1.2 because it is jailbreakable but not unlockable. Unfortunately.

Update Rubwens I tried that and it did nothing thanks anyhow.

Rubwens
22nd October, 2009, 10:02 PM
Sorry for my reply....yes,unlock it's not possible...but it's possible to downgrade your baseband to 04.26.08(with fuzzyband)...of course,if your bootloader is 5.08....

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4253

dell_xps
22nd October, 2009, 10:19 PM
Cheers lad but I'm on a pc and the phone came from the box with baseband 05.11.07 which is the latest and 3.1 firmware which it doesn't matter if I upgrade to 3.1.2 because it is jailbreakable but not unlockable. Unfortunately.

Whats the latest with that phone m8 ?

Rubwens
22nd October, 2009, 10:38 PM

....and try this....iClarified - iPhone - How to Unlock the iPhone 3GS Using PurpleSn0w (http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4520)

The Minister
23rd October, 2009, 03:47 PM
Won't work on 05.11.07.

dell_xps
23rd October, 2009, 05:13 PM
Won't work on 05.11.07.

Correcto !!!

nikeboyuk
24th October, 2009, 08:18 PM
Sooo.. based on whats already been said.. say I was on O2 UK (which i am!) with a 3GS, I have baseband 05.11.07, it came out of the box with firmware 3.1 (7c11), Can i used the method on the first page to jailbreak my iphone 3gs? - not unlock, not worried about that as yet...

dell_xps
24th October, 2009, 09:13 PM
Sooo.. based on whats already been said.. say I was on O2 UK (which i am!) with a 3GS, I have baseband 05.11.07, it came out of the box with firmware 3.1 (7c11), Can i used the method on the first page to jailbreak my iphone 3gs? - not unlock, not worried about that as yet...

yes m8 jailbreaking will be fine on your 3GS Iphone ok.

Nightstalker
24th October, 2009, 09:15 PM
o.k very good.it works.

camsawaywithit
25th October, 2009, 12:38 AM
I've just got my iPhone 3gs and I don't have an itunes account and therefore cannot download any apps. Also, because I don't have a credit card I can't even set up an account. So it seems to me that I have no choice but to jailbreak my phone and get the apps for free.:celtictop:

costely
26th October, 2009, 05:29 PM
guide you have attached its okk.

kaosassassin
31st October, 2009, 02:56 PM
cheers thanks

Rhian
2nd November, 2009, 07:50 AM
Thanks bud

cvhzgh
7th November, 2009, 12:17 AM
Nice one mate

sagor0
8th November, 2009, 03:07 AM
thanks man!

ds2817
11th November, 2009, 02:12 AM
i hope this free app thing works

Industrial_chickens
14th November, 2009, 01:58 AM
thnks for this, great guide!

daveyrfc
14th November, 2009, 02:50 PM
i'm an absolute novice, so will be grabbing this guide to hopefully learn a few basics

karim5492
14th November, 2009, 02:58 PM
can anyone help:help:

mozlaman
14th November, 2009, 03:51 PM
Hi, I can't get my camera shutter to open on iphone - tried restoring and replacing all camera preference files with no success!

tinbox134
20th November, 2009, 04:48 PM
Mine experience was with itune 9 & blackrain. It works fine, but sure enough the timing to hold and press those keys are always the cruial point to make this a success or failure

ianmac
20th November, 2009, 05:53 PM
Mine experience was with itune 9 & blackrain. It works fine, but sure enough the timing to hold and press those keys are always the cruial point to make this a success or failure

You have not got to hold or press any keys to Jailbreak/Unlock with Blackra1n,

You just run the program in windows & it installs an icon on your iPhone,
when on the iPhone, you run the program & select what you want to install...

Job Done :-)

Ian

gesamgr
15th February, 2010, 04:31 PM
please guide mne

LYRICALxxxLAILAH
17th February, 2010, 05:33 PM
I HEARD THAT JAILBREAKING UR PHONE MESSES IT UP??? IS THAT TRUE??

southbrook
18th February, 2010, 01:39 AM
Hi, just got a 3gs, version is 3.13 (7E18) will the guide on the first post work with my iphone?

Thankyou in advance

ianmac
18th February, 2010, 12:24 PM
Hi, just got a 3gs, version is 3.13 (7E18) will the guide on the first post work with my iphone?

Thankyou in advance

No m8, not for 3.13 iphones..

--- Ian ---

southbrook
18th February, 2010, 02:45 PM
thanks Ian.... my bad.....found loads of posts relating to the 3.1.3...a little searching would have revealed the answer I needed..

tvtv
18th February, 2010, 03:00 PM
Hi, does anyone know how to downgrade an iphone fro 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 PROPERLY unlike most advice given

ianmac
18th February, 2010, 03:50 PM
Hi, does anyone know how to downgrade an iphone fro 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 PROPERLY unlike most advice given

I am not sure about the advice that you were given but as the 3.13 firmware has just came out people are still finding there own way to jailbreak it,
everyone will have various methods of doing it, just like if someone asked you for driving directions to get somewhere, your answer will prob not be the same.

I have not downgraded or jailbroke the 3.13 firmware as I have stayed on the 3.12 firmware & will stay on that until a solid method comes out.

But you can try here:

:wink:

Download Custom Firmware 3.1.2 IPSW ? Jailbreak, Activate, Unlock iPhone 2G, 3G, 3GS [Mac and Windows] | iLikeMyiPhone (http://www.ilikemyiphone.com/2009/10/13/download-custom-firmware-3-1-2-ipsw-jailbreak-activate-unlock-iphone-2g-3g-3gs-mac-and-windows/)

And download a custom 3.12 firmware for the iPhone type that you have, then try to "control/restore" it in itunes.

At the end of the day, Jailbreaking + unlocking has been out for quite some time now & unless anyone has just got an iphone with the 3.13 firmware pre installed, there was no good reason for anyone to upgrade to the 3.13 firmware without checking if there was a jailbreak/unlock available first.

--- Ian ---

:ciao:

badboy696
19th February, 2010, 06:29 PM
Checked my 3gs & would you belive it? It has v3.1.3 :mad: :mad: :mad:

Thought I'd add this too

Jailbreak iPhone 3.1.2 Firmware with blackra1n
http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-iphone-3.1.2-firmware-with-blackra1n-zni327/

iPhone 3.1.3 Jailbreak Not Possible with Blackra1n Yet
http://www.redmondpie.com/iphone-3.1.3-jailbreak-blackra1n-9140427/

karim5492
19th February, 2010, 08:28 PM
can any one help unable to jailbreak have 2g with 3.1 software just got blue screen it say wait reboot help