PDA

View Full Version : DM800hd DEAD

hodgey99
13th October, 2009, 10:09 AM
Ive got a clone DM800HD box from china when i turn it the ethernet light comes on but nothing else happens. tried plugging power back in and out quickly, cant get it to connect using dreamup either pc dosent see the box. Hope someone can help me as its doin my head in thanx.

DJSimo
13th October, 2009, 10:47 AM
Ive got a clone DM800HD box from china when i turn it the ethernet light comes on but nothing else happens. tried plugging power back in and out quickly, cant get it to connect using dreamup either pc dosent see the box. Hope someone can help me as its doin my head in thanx.

First thing to do is go here and introduce yourself http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f2/

Then tell us a bit more about problem like has it done this from new, or has it been working and now it isnt ???

hodgey99
13th October, 2009, 10:57 AM
It wos workin with the nabilosat blackhole image but wos havin problems with tunining the sats in. so i changed the image to PLi� Jade2 Enigma2 updated 30.03.09 now it wont even boot up

DJSimo
13th October, 2009, 11:03 AM
It wos workin with the nabilosat blackhole image but wos havin problems with tunining the sats in. so i changed the image to PLi� Jade2 Enigma2 updated 30.03.09 now it wont even boot up

Is there anything at all on the front panel??
Also have you tried disconnecting the power lead from the power pack then plugging it back in as sometimes this works with mine when pulling lead out of back of box doesnt.

hodgey99
13th October, 2009, 12:00 PM
No theres nothing on the front at all. tried unplugging and plugging it back in loads of times still nothing. do u think it can b jtaged

DJSimo
13th October, 2009, 12:40 PM
No theres nothing on the front at all. tried unplugging and plugging it back in loads of times still nothing. do u think it can b jtaged

How are you trying to connect to your box is it via dreamup and a Null Modem cable?

hodgey99
13th October, 2009, 04:14 PM
YES IAM TRYING WITH DREAM UP AND NULL MODEM CABLE

DJSimo
13th October, 2009, 04:23 PM

Ok all i can suggest is keep trying, start dreamup click connect and then keep connecting disconnecting power until it finds the box if this doesnt work then maybe someone else can come up with another solution for you.... good luck

shaks08
19th October, 2009, 10:23 PM
Hi, i recently purchased a new dreambox from china and i had the same problem as it just wont power up, i changed the power adaptor and it was on so worth a try:birthday:

satcat
20th October, 2009, 10:17 AM
try this: hold the power button in, THEN plug the power lead in the back, should lit up front panel with DHCP info,,u can then flash it through a web browser, cheers satcat

DM800
20th October, 2009, 12:49 PM
try to use Dream UP flash older version IMG to box
thank you

seffe
20th October, 2009, 09:01 PM
dont english people and australian people know that a db clone
will die for ewer with pli or gemini.buy a genuine and you will have a warinty for one year.
seffe from sweden

modey
20th October, 2009, 09:10 PM
will die for ewer with pli or gemini.buy a genuine and you will have a warinty for one year.
seffe from sweden

very helpful

dctyper
20th October, 2009, 09:13 PM
seffe from sweden

my clone has worked for 3 years without fault

C64
20th October, 2009, 09:18 PM
seffe from sweden

I don't know about the DM800, but my clone DM500-S uses Pli images no problem, I've used them for about 4 years, I am currently using Pli Jade 3.

DJSimo
20th October, 2009, 09:52 PM
seffe from sweden

I have clone dm800 multibooting with Pli Gemini & Nabilo running perfect no probs & a warranty for 1 year & DM are just too greedy with their prices if they sold them at realistic price there would be no clone market!!!

C64
20th October, 2009, 09:56 PM
I think we'd all agree that Dream Multimedia are a great company, but unfortunately, they are also a greedy company. They overprice their equipment too much. If they were more reasonable with their prices they could almost cripple the clone market.

hoopy1888
18th December, 2009, 10:06 PM

did you ever get this sorted mate?... Had mine an hour, watched half a movie on HD and it died. LAN lights on, but nothing else. Tried new power supply and still the same.

Superman
19th December, 2009, 01:13 AM
is there anything at all on the screen? Does Dream-up say anything?

Super

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 10:34 AM
try reflashing using dreamup over and over again. i done this and eventually it came to life.

works great now but has no lcd

dc

kevin64
19th December, 2009, 11:02 AM
mabe a new front panal will sorte out your LCD Dm800 Front Panel With LCD and remote Sensor [dm800front] - ?29.00 : Linuxsat!, Factory Direct (http://linuxsat.co.uk/cn/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=97&products_id=301)

hoopy1888
19th December, 2009, 11:29 AM
Hi folks, there is nothing on the screen at all mate. Just the 2 LEDs at the LAN port.
I have tried DreamUp now about 25 times and nothing is springing it back to life.
I think its ~~~~ed!

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 11:58 AM
do you have a red light on the front at all?

hoopy1888
19th December, 2009, 12:05 PM
no mate, the only lights are the green and yellow at the network port.

dctyper
19th December, 2009, 12:25 PM
so deffo none on the front near the lcd? even when flashing via dreamup?

hoopy1888
19th December, 2009, 12:30 PM
nothing mate. it's like staring into a big dream multimedia abyss. (ok, overdramatic)
Cheers

hoopy1888
19th December, 2009, 01:51 PM
The next problem is getting it back to the seller!
Parcelforce want ?60+ .... this is turning out to be a very expensive box!

kevin64
19th December, 2009, 04:45 PM
how long have you had you 800 have you tryed powering it down over night as you can trip the surge protection and that just means unplugging and waiting even longer (can be hours, even overnight!) for it to discharge its worth a try also have you looked insidde to see if the ribbon that connect the front panel tp the mother board is not on or a bad connect try these out before you send it back

hoopy1888
19th December, 2009, 04:51 PM
Hi Kevin, I got it yesterday mornin. So it's certainly not a verteran!
I left it unplugged all night mate. Will try the ribbon before I wrap it up to send it back. Cheers

hoopy1888
19th December, 2009, 05:34 PM
made sure everything was doublechecked again. Modem, tuner, SIM, lcd ribbon, fan... still not a sausage... :-(
I'll send it back.... found a cheaper (35 quid) way to get it back. Now i'm unsure if I should go for a refund or let them send another box.
Cheers

kevin64
19th December, 2009, 05:39 PM
ok good luck its a same when you wait a week for it to arrive and it does not work hope everything goes smooth and they look after u