PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox live update

ashbash
6th August, 2008, 02:40 PM
Must have got it through to my son about not accepting updates for his Xbox after the carry on with our wii being updated. He came running down the stairs saying he needs to update his Xbox and is it safe to do so? I tried my 360 and it seems like it?s a console update and not some game that he has tried, so can anyone confirm that they have updated there console and if so, what?s new? And more importantly is it safe? Both my sons and mine Xboxes have the latest iextreme so I hope all I safe to update? It?s been a bad time in our house recently with our wii being updated and no longer playing a lot of the backup going to sit down this weekend and see what I can do about it but I don?t want to go down the same road with the Xboxes

thommo
6th August, 2008, 04:49 PM
you have no choice, no update no playing of games.

no way round it but the updates always seem to be fine anyway, if there is any little surprises it will be in the fall update or maybe even included in the new gears of war game.

whatever you cant not take the update.

ashbash
6th August, 2008, 04:52 PM
you have no choice, no update no playing of games.

no way round it but the updates always seem to be fine anyway, if there is any little surprises it will be in the fall update or maybe even included in the new gears of war game.

whatever you cant not take the update.
looks like I'm stuck with it then, least i can get back to kicking my lads ass at cod lol

The Strangler
6th August, 2008, 07:50 PM
Got a flashed 360 myself and got the update with no problems. It doesn't seem to have changed anything.

violentj
6th August, 2008, 09:06 PM
it plants code for the forthcoming new dashboard to iron out any trouble it may have before they release it(take note sony),also i think if any1 downloaded the beta dashboard and trys to install it now they may have a little more luck

.: JaCkPoT :.
7th August, 2008, 01:11 AM
Got a flashed 360 myself and got the update with no problems. It doesn't seem to have changed anything.

Do you have live on a flashed console? I got told this wont work and that microsoft would ban your console from live as your firmware is tampEred. They can look at everything to do with the consoles originality through live. Good luck anyway

Oggy
7th August, 2008, 09:50 AM
They have removed PFI/DMI checks - Strange.

Maybe stealth firmware has checked that part fully and they have stopped even trying?

popowich
20th August, 2008, 08:14 PM
What is a flashed console, and why would you not want the updates?

-Raymond

Hobdell
21st August, 2008, 01:15 AM
You can get your Xbox 360 chipped and a replacement firmware revision bypasses copy protection. This allows you to run copied DVD's. The problem is that every time Microsoft release an update it could be designed to detect these changes and brick your Xbox. If you wait a while the firmware writer generally find a way around but this can mean several weeks with no playing online. Its a bit of a gamble.

The Strangler
21st August, 2008, 09:27 AM
I play online nearly every night and I know this might be tempting fate, but so far I've not had any problems. Personally I think the people who have been banned are the one s who have downloaded games that are out in another country and then played them before they are out here. The only problems I have had are down to the fact that the 360 might as well be made out of chocolate. The build quality is shocking. I know of people who are on their 4th or 5th one. I'm on my 2nd.

wozzo
22nd August, 2008, 02:10 AM
They have removed PFI/DMI checks - Strange.

Maybe stealth firmware has checked that part fully and they have stopped even trying?

Maybe they are so sure that the new lite-on will not be hacked that they have admited defeat with the old drive to concentrate on not letting any new 360s be hacked.

Jedi-jakeyboy
26th August, 2008, 02:45 PM
too late as they say its almost cracked now as c4eva has found exploit already... :)

ZAO
4th September, 2008, 07:23 AM
I have a flashed 360 and i always update with no problem mate, But when I chose sometimes not to update it still lets me play.

Sojourn
4th September, 2008, 09:20 AM
I'm running a NME360v2 and the updates do not seem to care it's there, or the 'steath' option really does work...who knows...