PDA

View Full Version : Anyone give me some definite information and a bit of advice regarding my car

allycoops
28th June, 2017, 06:31 PM
Hello Lads Im not looking for anything apart from a bit of info.

My Car had the VAG emissions software applied and I want it off and replaced with the original factory software that the car left the factory with. People are telling me that VAG locked the ECU when they put the fix software on and its impossible to overwrite/remove and reinstall the old software even if you have the old software. My ECU is EDC17_C46 03L906018LD 03L906018ME

Can anyone that has done this for customers tell me if its definitely possible to replace this shite software with a previous one, Will it work ? Is there more than one tuning / flashing software that will do this. what are they please. Thanks for your time Lads

ivanrojo
28th June, 2017, 06:59 PM
As i could read on other forums, you can do it with genuine tools which are able to read and write FRF files, cmd or magpro x17 for example, but you need a previous FRF reading for doing that, when we unlock this ecu and read it the reading is partial one, so you can not write this file on the new sw from your actualizated ecu or you will brick it.

The better and easier is to made a remap over your actually file.

Futhermore if your ecu was unlocked before actualization it should to be still unlocked now so you can read it and write it without problem by obd with a normal tool (kess v54 etc) , anyway tools should to tell if ecu in locked or not.

Act Tuning
28th June, 2017, 07:00 PM
Better to tune your file, cause if you change diff sw in the eeprom will lock the ecu and no start, unless you alter eep and flash with same data,

Autotecno2006
28th June, 2017, 07:13 PM
I think this is a Bosch Ecu Not a continental ecu, if so there should be no problem replace original file !

Regards P

ivanrojo
28th June, 2017, 07:15 PM
You are right o don?t know why i was thinking it was a pcr2.1

allycoops
28th June, 2017, 07:15 PM
You can do it with genuine tools which are able to read and write FRF files, cmd or magpro x17 for example, but you need a previous FRF reading for doing that, when we unlock this ecu and read it the reading is partial one, so you can not write this file on the new sw from your actualizated ecu or you will brick it.

The better and easier is to made a remap over your actually file.

Futhermore if your ecu was unlocked before actualization it should to be still unlocked now so you can read it and write it without problem by obd with a normal tool (kess v54 etc) , anyway tools should to tell if ecu in locked or not.

Better to tune your file, cause if you change diff sw in the eeprom will lock the ecu and no start, unless you alter eep and flash with same data,

Thank you I know someone who has CMD genuine software and tools. so if they have an original factory file from the same type of car and same model ecu they can flash the file and it will alter eeprom and it will work? And CMD will tell him if its locked or not before hand. if its not locked it can be done with CMD?

Am I correct. sorry to be a pain in the arse Lads

allycoops
28th June, 2017, 07:16 PM
yes its Bosch ecu

allycoops
28th June, 2017, 07:38 PM
I think this is a Bosch Ecu Not a continental ecu, if so there should be no problem replace original file !

Regards P
Thanks So with CMD genuine software and tools it should be no problem to replace fix software with original factory file for my car

morgano
28th June, 2017, 09:50 PM
In edc17 if you had taken a full bootmode backup (mpc+eep) before you passed emissions uodate i think nothing prevent you can go back.

allycoops
29th June, 2017, 09:15 AM
In edc17 if you had taken a full bootmode backup (mpc+eep) before you passed emissions uodate i think nothing prevent you can go back.

Thanks Morgano How can you tell if the back up file you have includes eeprom and was done in bootmode. File size?? type of file? .sgo. .bin. ori??? or by reading it to check that it includes eep?

What data is actually stored in the EEprom? is it things like regen intervals, injector timings EGR opening position and closing? .i.e my EGR Valve Im siure used to open up 25% now 75% opening allowing allowing alot more shit to go back through engine to be reburned

dc1964
5th July, 2017, 07:30 PM
Allycoops,

I had my 2012 Jetta taken back to pre EA189 update on Tuesday so it's definitely possible using the right tools.
Noticeably different drive following the reversal.

PM me if you want more details.

lsdlsd88
5th July, 2017, 08:34 PM
everything is possible.

just choose a good tuner and bring some money.