PDA

View Full Version : how to pause live tv

lager
6th August, 2008, 06:13 PM
Hi there ,can anyone explain to me exactly what i have to do ,in order to pause live tv and then rewind and watch it ,as advertised ,ie .if the doorbell rings .in a dummys guide.

i have pressed the pause button ,the one above the step button ,waited 45 secs, for the timeshift . to kick in,nothing happens,

if i press the play button ,it comes up, recording will now start,then recording starts after a few secs approx 10.then if i press the pause button ,it then goes in to timeshift,showing the recording status,this seems to be the only time i can use the pause, to stop and start to watch the tv that is being recorded.

i know the pause feature works ,when i have done a epg recording ect,thats normal,but someone said that if you press the pause button whilst watching tv ,it should go straight into timeshift mode. mine dont.can anyone explain what might be wrong.

cheers lager.

marvo
6th August, 2008, 10:56 PM
when watching a programme,,just press pause,,this puts it into timeslip. you have to wait ages,,well about 30 to 40 seconds,,then you get "ts" in the box screen,,you can rewind or fast forward,,but if you catch upto present time it stops timeslip and puts the recorded prog into your pvr list.

lager
7th August, 2008, 11:13 AM
HI marvo,i have pressed the pause button whilst watching a programe ,and waited more than 40 secs and nothing comes up, no time shift logo nothing,the only way it comes up is, if i press the play button first,then when i press the pause button ,it then comes up with the time shift logo.

lager.

marvo
10th August, 2008, 11:02 AM
have you got ex5000v1.1a ??

<--marvo added 608 Minutes and 0 Seconds later...-->

It took 70 seconds to start in timeslip,then press pause again to play, or play button.

lager
10th August, 2008, 04:33 PM
Hi marvo, thanks for the reply,maybe i am getting live tv ,and being able to rewind and fast forward ,but a different way to you. if i press the play button ,a message comes up on the screen .please wait recording will start,then about 10 to 15 secs later it starts recording ,then when i press the pause button ,on the screen top left hand corner ,it shows the timeshift logo ,and in the box front panel it shows, T S in it. After a while, if i press the pause button ,i am able to rewind and see from beginning of recording, i suppose thats ok ,its the same way as yours ,but i have to press the play button first, then the pause button ,to access timeshift,mine dont go autuomatic to timeshift if i press the pause button first like yours,

cheers lager

benny1234black
10th August, 2008, 08:44 PM
why does timeshift take so long to kick in?

marvo
10th August, 2008, 08:48 PM
Have a look in "system information" ,,does it say you have the latest firmware,,"july 15th"
,, sounds like you have "v1.1" instead of "v1.1a" I ve read that the latest one alters the button for timeslip,,from the "play button" to the "pause button".It should show the red timeslip logo in the top left hand of the screen when it as started, it remains in pause but is recording till you press either pause or play. You get "ts" for timeslip and "rec" for record mode in the front window on the box.

<--marvo added 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds later...-->

Hi benny ,,it must be telling the harddrive what to do...it takes ages when youve been in standby,,but if you leave it on then record again ,, its a lot quicker..it must lose its instructions when it is put in standby.