PDA

View Full Version : Nissan Radio

CodeB
13th October, 2009, 08:58 PM
I have a Clarion PP-2609T CH340 Double-DIN unit out of a 2001 model Nissan X-Trail as a replacement unit for it because the old one died, but when put into the vehicle it says WAIT and then goes to SECURE.
From what I can gather this unit doesn't have a code but does self-learn when put into the car on the production line.
Does anyone have a memory dump for this radio so that it can be installed or information on what to change in the dump so that the car thinks it is a virgin?
Thank you in advance.

Meat-Head
13th October, 2009, 09:04 PM
ring you local dealer and see if they can 'suck' the old data out the old radio, yes it's dead, but that's how vauxhal omegas (YUCK) work, you suck the old data out the faulty speedo head and blow it back.

is it an option to plug back into the donor car, turn it on, cut the can wires, unplug and suck it and see in your car.

can you swap the circuit boards over

CodeB
14th October, 2009, 12:02 AM
Thanks Meat-Head but I am doing this work for the local main dealer and the old unit is dead & gone.
These radios get to know the car they are in the first time they are put in on the production line so all I think I need is an original memory-dump from a new (never been in the car) pp-2609 radio in order to get it working.
The memory chip is a 93lc46 so if anyone has any info let me know. Thanks.

Meat-Head
14th October, 2009, 07:49 AM
oh sounds about right, main dealer, throw it in bin, the mechanic who throw in in the bin is under 21 yo and cant read or wright.

as its' main dealer just drag it out a bit, they normally only have a 2 month memory span, so after 2 months if there is any come back just say "oh that was sorted i gave it to ....."
who will complety deny anyinvolvement, even if you tw*ted the guy you have blamed in the head with the radio, because a spotty 19yo will throw it in the bin any way.

*NO OFFENSE* but if the dealer can't do it a 'bloke with a van ' doesn't stand much chance