PDA

View Full Version : FIX A DENT GUYS ?

Saltire
6th August, 2008, 06:39 PM
i have a dent on my bunnit, lol, its like the size a football would make.

Does anyone know of any guys that are good at pulling dents out ? ive heard its possible nowdays, dunno though. the skin aint broke etc, cant think of how it happened, cant see a football making a dent like that from a ball falling on it, maybe it was an idiot jumping on it or punching it etc, hard to say, plus its raining, so its even harder to tell, anyways, no sense moaning, whats done is done, lol.

Iam in central scotland area if anyone knows a good Dent guy they can recommend.

father ted
6th August, 2008, 07:08 PM
i seen a guy take out a dent in one of the garages i go to .they use hammer and chisels .ill get your name for you 2 morrow cant mind it off hand

Saltire
6th August, 2008, 07:32 PM
i seen a guy take out a dent in one of the garages i go to .they use hammer and chisels .ill get your name for you 2 morrow cant mind it off hand

hammers and chisels ?? LOL, sounds like big job :(

krazylegz
6th August, 2008, 07:56 PM
i seen some places advertised that just used suction cup things, unfortunatley i cant remember the name now:(

Ratchet
6th August, 2008, 08:55 PM
As Krazylegs said use a dent puller like this Mini Suction Cup Dent Puller Maplin
(http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=dent&source=15&SD=Y)

Saltire
6th August, 2008, 10:25 PM
As Krazylegs said use a dent puller like this Mini Suction Cup Dent Puller Maplin
(http://www.maplin.co.uk/Search.aspx?criteria=dent&source=15&SD=Y)

hmmm, thanks, i wonder if that would work ?? suppose it depends on the dent, eh ?? i will try and take some photos tomorrow and let you'z see what you think, do youz think that you could tell from the photos if i would be able to pull it out ?

<--Thomson added 69 Minutes and 58 Seconds later...-->

hmmm, thanks, i wonder if that would work ?? suppose it depends on the dent, eh ?? i will try and take some photos tomorrow and let you'z see what you think, do youz think that you could tell from the photos if i would be able to pull it out ?

and could i possibly make it worse trying this method ??

Saltire
7th August, 2008, 07:33 PM
ok guys, i got a few pictures of the dent, its hard to take pictures of a dent cause of reflections etc, i think the photos show it well enough but they make it look a bit worse than it actually is.

(still cant figure out what the hell would have made a dent like that).

Saltire
7th August, 2008, 07:36 PM
ok guys, i got a few pictures of the dent, its hard to take pictures of a dent cause of reflections etc, i think the photos show it well enough but they make it look a bit worse than it actually is.

(still cant figure out what the hell would have made a dent like that).

p.s
more i look at one of those pic's it looks like two dents, dont it ?

Dreamer
7th August, 2008, 07:37 PM
I think it's two dents. Looks like your bird has been sitting on it lol

Saltire
7th August, 2008, 07:44 PM
I think it's two dents. Looks like your bird has been sitting on it lol

yea, lol, i thought it looked like two too, hmmm, surley dents wouldnt occur if some dafty was sitting on a car bonnet anyway ??

more importantly, do they look as though they could be pulled out ?

krazylegz
7th August, 2008, 09:00 PM
they dont look that bad as the skin isnt broken or split, but i'd still take it to a few bodyshops and get prices for them to do it properly

Saltire
7th August, 2008, 09:04 PM
they dont look that bad as the skin isnt broken or split, but i'd still take it to a few bodyshops and get prices for them to do it properly

ohhh, so you dont think they are pullable ?? or to get one of these guys you phone up and they come out, magic dent repair guys ?

krazylegz
8th August, 2008, 12:08 PM
ohhh, so you dont think they are pullable ?? or to get one of these guys you phone up and they come out, magic dent repair guys ?

aye something like that lol.

it might pull, but its a case if you pull it out and the skin splits when doing it, you're ~~~~ed, whereas if you're paying someone to do it and it splits they'll have to paint it;)

Ratchet
8th August, 2008, 01:09 PM
Have a look here YouTube - Car Dent Removal with Hair Dryer and Compressed Air (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miNykNl-0NM&feature=related)

The only guaranteed method is to pay a professional to do the job, but what have you got to lose by trying yourself? It will still need fixed if it doesn't work.

Saltire
8th August, 2008, 05:27 PM
ok, thanks guys, looks like i'll defo have to be calling one of those mobile guys out then and/or take it to a body shop.

youz got any ideas of prices for a job like that if it was like the worst scenario or best scenario ?

melloned
8th December, 2008, 11:43 PM
I used a mobile company called "dentmasters" 4-5yrs ago to remove 2 trolley "dings" and a door "crease" approx 2cm deep X 15cm dia , all down one side of my 2002 mondeo.
It took him 2hrs or so , he made an invisible job and charged ?80 .
I don't know if they're nationwide (i'm in Cheshire) , but well worth a look , good job !