PDA

View Full Version : Future plans for Digital Kaos

Devilfish
6th August, 2008, 09:14 PM
I've been having a search over the past few days and I have some ideas for the site that you all might like. :)

I'm going to add a youtube type section to the site so that you can upload and share videos just like the tube.

I'm also looking at a new retro front page with loads of info, still to decide on what to use for that.

The only down side is our host won't like the extra bandwidth so looks like we'll need to move to a dedicated server which obviouosly cost more per month but we'll see how I get on with that when we move. Loads to research and try out.

I've also got loads to do at home so trying to split my time accordingly to what the missus tells me I can have ;)

So keep an eye out! :)

-Devilfish

krazylegz
6th August, 2008, 10:06 PM
maybes you could start taking donations to help with the server costs??

Jaffa
6th August, 2008, 10:06 PM
Thanks for all your work Glen....if you need donations for server then please just say.

Devilfish
6th August, 2008, 10:19 PM
I hate asking for donation and at present it's not needed but we'll see how things go if/when we move. :)

Thanks for the offers though. :)

Jaffa
6th August, 2008, 10:50 PM
I know you dont want to ask m8 and you have always said that but remember it is purely voluntary...if people dont want to donate then they wont have to and not be thought of any differently. I know it will be a very last resort but as the site grows then so do the costs.

:goodnight:

.: JaCkPoT :.
7th August, 2008, 01:55 AM
Thanks for all your work Glen....if you need donations for server then please just say.

Im sure some me us are willing to donate so devildish although its ur forum dont be embarrassed to ask thinkin its dossy coz its not. If you spend most me your time running this forum then im sure some of us will be willing to donate..if the costs cannot be covered your better off leaving it how it is coz atm its gr8.thanking you very much.

<--^^^DARKMAN^^^ added 4 Minutes and 48 Seconds later...-->

Im sure some me us are willing to donate so "devildish" although its ur forum dont be embarrassed to ask thinkin its dossy coz its not.

Sorry that was the tacky predictive on my phone and there was no intent behind it

cantona7
7th August, 2008, 05:52 AM
I know you dont want to ask m8 and you have always said that but remember it is purely voluntary...if people dont want to donate then they wont have to and not be thought of any differently. I know it will be a very last resort but as the site grows then so do the costs.

:goodnight:

jaffa says it better than i could
so i nicked his quote

Dowie
7th August, 2008, 12:41 PM
I agree dont be bothered about asking for donations the amount of time and effort you put in anyway is amazing!!!

I donated to cableferret forums a day before it disapeared!! :( but never mind I doubt DK will go the same way with yourself!!

Keep up the good work mate

Dowie

berley
8th August, 2008, 04:27 PM
there's nothing wrong with having a voluntary donation button to help with the cost of the server and if you get too much donations you can always put it behind the bar of a pub near me, dont worry i'll put it to good use :roflmao:

caveman_nige
8th August, 2008, 04:50 PM
Hey, I can also find my wife's credit card to play with before she nails it at the shoe shops, don't be shy, stick up a donations button or something similar. I am sure we can still find Jeremy Clarkson's bank details to make donation... Crack on dude, keep up the good work.

aftermath
8th August, 2008, 07:33 PM
The donations thing is all good and well. But Devilfish dont want to be seen making a profit, because of the nature of the forum.

I would suggest a target indicator, showing the forum costs and how much has been donated towards that monthly target and if the target is reached , donations are stopped until the next month, This could be a voluntary thing and no one is forced or asked to donate.

I thought about this and still not sure if its classed as making profit.
After all its like a hobby, with people paying your costs.
Maybe some law related member can fill us in on this.

As i too would like to give something back to keep the forum going, but only if its safe. lol.

.: JaCkPoT :.
8th August, 2008, 10:08 PM
Looking great so far mate. Well done devilfish for your commitment towards this awesome!! Forum.

sherlock
14th August, 2008, 07:59 PM
Well done mate on the forum, even if you don't change servers, think you should put a donations button on site.

I for one would donate.

Keep up the good work.

Donnie Darko
17th August, 2008, 02:45 PM
The donations thing is all good and well. But Devilfish dont want to be seen making a profit, because of the nature of the forum.

I would suggest a target indicator, showing the forum costs and how much has been donated towards that monthly target and if the target is reached , donations are stopped until the next month, This could be a voluntary thing and no one is forced or asked to donate.

I thought about this and still not sure if its classed as making profit.
After all its like a hobby, with people paying your costs.
Maybe some law related member can fill us in on this.

As i too would like to give something back to keep the forum going, but only if its safe. lol.

My sentiments exactly,perhaps have a figure each month say ?45???? stab in the dark?
Users can then say donate ?2 thru paypal? once the target is hit it then disappears till next month.
Need to have all bases covered and not to be seen profitting from illegal info/files etc.

Another wild suggestion???perhaps peeps could buy shares in this place etc.

peterneilsen
17th August, 2008, 07:22 PM
how are you going to be able to control the content or are you going to screen ot afterwards?

I've been having a search over the past few days and I have some ideas for the site that you all might like. :)

I'm going to add a youtube type section to the site so that you can upload and share videos just like the tube.

I'm also looking at a new retro front page with loads of info, still to decide on what to use for that.

The only down side is our host won't like the extra bandwidth so looks like we'll need to move to a dedicated server which obviouosly cost more per month but we'll see how I get on with that when we move. Loads to research and try out.

I've also got loads to do at home so trying to split my time accordingly to what the missus tells me I can have ;)

So keep an eye out! :)

-Devilfish

harry1986
9th December, 2008, 06:42 PM
i would be nice to see a new dk image as i have noticed that dbox has more images to download than dreambox thats not fair as loads of people now have a dreambox so more images should be out i think a new dk image better that 1.1 would be great :)

chrisgolf
9th December, 2008, 11:30 PM
if you need donations count me in

salfordred
10th December, 2008, 09:28 PM
Hi all on the image thought any chance of a DK image for the DM600 i would like to see that............:alberteinstein:

jwiley
11th December, 2008, 02:09 PM
there's nothing wrong with having a voluntary donation button to help with the cost of the server and if you get too much donations you can always put it behind the bar of a pub near me, dont worry i'll put it to good use :roflmao:

yes i agree, i would rather send a p.o though. i never use my debit card online. but a voluntary donation button not a bad idea at all. devilfish and the gang do a great job.