PDA

View Full Version : SCENIC 1886 CODE RENAULT

smirnoff_rules
14th October, 2009, 09:07 AM
RENAULT SCENIC 1886 CODE VOLTAGE LOW ? 2001 19 DTI

anyone had this code , the car starts 99% of the time , but when running theres no codes , so we changed crack sensor and then it didnt start 15 minutes later , read codes and above and tried to start again and started first turn of the key and and been fine again ,

but this is wot it does , its fine most of the time hot or cold it happens leaves ten minutes and starts

any idea lads

Meat-Head
14th October, 2009, 01:18 PM
it's french

1) throw all the 5 amp fuses out, replace with new
2) throe battery terminals in bin, replace with new
3) add new battery-body-engine earth
4) new engine control relay + holder
5) twat inertia switch measure battery voltage under cranking

THEN look for the faults*, does immboliser store faults?

* french normally have more than one fault

smirnoff_rules
14th October, 2009, 01:39 PM
that wouldnt explain why it starts 10 minutes laster tho

Meat-Head
14th October, 2009, 06:05 PM
have had before pug 307, a dual pole relay, one pole went to coil, and errectors, fuel pump, other half went back into ecu, 'the computer says no' faults because it could see power, but couldnt 'see' no power to the coils etc.

DEFANTALY change the engine control relay, or even swap it for the one out of the horn (and charge him for a new relay).

or get a peice of cardboard, ~~~~o mag, pizza box etc
then get 8 pieces of wire about 12" maybee a foot long

draw two relay's on the cardboard and stab 8 holes, poke the wire through the cardboard (tie knot), jamb, wedge poke
the 8 wires into the fuel pump relay and engine control relay

poke and probe as required write down on the card the connections, eg ign, b+, fuel out, ecu in etc

wait til it packs up, and you can see what is happening

it sounds like a 'mechanical' fault the ecu cant see (or its self)

the other option is to poke the loom on passenger inner wing
* YOU MUST MUST DISCONNECT THE BATTERY* if you can be bothered, but if if leave power on and it is rotten and shorts out it will only blow the crap ouuta ecu the once
(i didn't pay for it, not my f*ker)

obdmaster
15th October, 2009, 12:57 PM
Test battery voltage on crank and see what voltage it drops to. Possible batt droping voltage on crank, if so replace with good branded number , hope this helps.

smirnoff_rules
15th October, 2009, 01:03 PM
Test battery voltage on crank and see what voltage it drops to. Possible batt droping voltage on crank, if so replace with good branded number , hope this helps.

when it dont start it cranks for ever ? when its cranking the ecu voltage drops to 9 volts but it was still starting , by the time l when to try cracking it ~~~~in started on its own , as they do lol

obdmaster
15th October, 2009, 01:09 PM
9v seems very low, might be worth trying a battery, had similiar problem on rovers where will crank no probs but drops voltage that much arms, alarm, immobiliser. would replace battery with good quality unit.

fingers crossed but think were on the right lines

Meat-Head
15th October, 2009, 01:26 PM
when it dont start it cranks for ever ? when its cranking the ecu voltage drops to 9 volts but it was still starting , by the time l when to try cracking it ~~~~in started on its own , as they do lol

the ignition feed wire that drops to 9volt on crancking, cut the fu*ker, and say whilst cutting it "not my fu*ker", then get a bog standard relay connect 30 to the battery positive
86 to earth,

the wire you cut the input to ecu connect to 85 of your new relay and 87 connect to the ecu, if it workd good, if not, say
"we tried, i diddn't work, but we want money off you anyway"

Meat-Head
15th October, 2009, 07:05 PM
sorry in used less energy pressing 'new post' as a opossed to edit.

take a look at the bulkhead, it's the only one it's got
earth strap, laughing at you, with 2 itsby bitsy weeny, yellow poka dot wires, swinging in the breeze, nope?

dunno, don't care what happened in the end?

beea
23rd October, 2009, 09:43 PM
Hi, check the thermo plungers mounted in the coolant lines to the heater, they look like glow plugs and if the fail they can cause the vehicle to not start, as the current they draw causes a low system voltage and ecu shuts down. Try labeling the connectors and then disconnect them.

Meat-Head
23rd October, 2009, 10:16 PM
Hi, check the thermo plungers mounted in the coolant lines to the heater, they look like glow plugs and if the fail they can cause the vehicle to not start, as the current they draw causes a low system voltage and ecu shuts down. Try labeling the connectors and then disconnect them.

nice idea, but thought it would flag up a fault, as beleive they are controlled by an intelligent relay, they are in pairs, 2+2

he said it does not matter if it is jamb hot or as cold as ice, so the thermo plungers, which i beleive are the same as the engine glow worms, assuming this vechile is a diesel? but you can't buy replacement glow worms for these housing, but you can engine glow worms!!

YET ANOTHER SMIRNOFF_RULES UNFINSHED THREAD!!!

but them again sminoff_rules is a 'mod' yet the rest of us are nothing but
http://www.paradise-engineering.com/quotation/commonpeople.mp3

josepz
23rd October, 2009, 11:47 PM
sorry If I don?t understand well, but as I understand your words, it sounds like crank sensor connector.
Renault provides modified crank sensors to avoid that problem, but you must change the sensor and connector...

It will happen in gasoline engines ussually, but maybe is your case too.

If not, I think you must determine what is the fault while it don?t start, if there is engine rpm signal, gasoil pressure between tubes-injectors (you said is TDI, not CDI, right?) or maybe inmo chip reading, that fails at times... (how about the red light while starting?)

well, as you can see my English isn?t perfect but diagnosing faults is my job, hope I can help

busaman
3rd November, 2009, 08:30 PM
had one today engine control relay fixed it.

Meat-Head
3rd November, 2009, 08:52 PM
had one today engine control relay fixed it.

box of matches would have been cheaper.

1) Was it over 3 years old?
2) Did it STINK of puke?