PDA

View Full Version : firefox problem

firestorm
7th August, 2008, 12:34 AM
i am having strange problems with firefox,It all started with my xp pro pc i updated it to firefox3 a while back and it ran fine for about 20 min letting me view anthing on the net then it would not let me go certain pages and it would get worse till the only thing i could open was a few thing on my bookmarks then nothing at all but would still let me use bitlord to download torrents,so i disabled the firewall still no change(my laptop working wireless with firefox3 was still ok)so i tried a system restore and still the same ok for 20min then nothing so i wiped the pc and used IE with no problems,then today the other half came home with a new pc from tesco with vista on it(she said the old one was to loud)so i was setting it up i put firefox 3 on it because i dont like IE ran great for maybe 40min then the same problem came back that i had on the old pc cant connect to certain websites then none at all i ve tried avg and norton and even bypassed the rooter with no luck and help would be greatfull recived as she as put all her stuff on there and i dont want to put the recovery disk in if i can help it
and not least a staff called taz

.: JaCkPoT :.
7th August, 2008, 01:46 PM
The file may have been tampered with or corrupt so id download firefox from somewhere different and then reinstall it. I have it and it is a generation better than iexplore7 or whatever the latest one is. It works a treat 4 me.

<--^^^DARKMAN^^^ added 701 Minutes and 57 Seconds later...-->

Does it work? Hope it does mate. Good luck.