PDA

View Full Version : bmw 1 series "e 87"

basco
14th October, 2009, 09:31 PM
hello guys need your help :hmmmm2: got a bmw 1series e87 my m8 drove it home and when he got back in it the next day it wouldn't start took it in the workshop still wont start after giving it a scan on the old solus pro i originally got a fault code reading of p2a80 and p2a85 as being something wrong with the vanos inlet and exhaust wasn't able to fully decipher the meaning of these fault codes yet because i'm only running autodata 318.any way all the sensors have been replaced ie,camshaft inlet and exhaust,the 2 solenoid valves,plus a new set of spark plugs,a crankshaft sensor at the mo it's just dumping fuel on the spark plugs I'm not sure of the spark that i'm getting it looks quite weak but it's sparking if i warm the spark plugs with the old Bunsen burner it makes an attempt to start but it wont run and keep up. any ideas as to what would cause this problem? ecu?lambda sensor or a relay somewhere maybe? let me know what you think guys as I'm tired of buying sensors it's a 2006 model nb45 engine

Meat-Head
14th October, 2009, 10:01 PM
try a coil pack, you have spent ?xxx+ vat and got nowhere so another ?50+ vat isn't going to hurt

unless something daft like air/water temp sensor thinks it's "as cold as ice", and is "chucking down excess fuel, in the hope that some of it will burn D.R. 1994"

so excess hydrocarbons in the combustion chamber area

1) no oxygen, eg table cloth etc in inlet manifold
2) no exhaust gas can escape eg exhaust blocked with
concrete etc
3) errectors open to long, eg silicon chip switched to overload
4) massive back pressure on fuel return, eg mole grips
on fuel line

basco
22nd October, 2009, 05:48 AM
found out what was wrong guys! it slipped timing on the exhaust vanos cam practically still a new motor got around 60,000 on the clock and it's done that already one doesn't expect that from a vehicle especially one with a timing chain. i've heard as well from a close friend(motor mechanic) that they do suffer from this sort of thing because he's seen e87's with 50'000 on the clock with the same problems.i think BMW needs to have a look at these nb45 engines again anyway thanks for your input guys

Meat-Head
22nd October, 2009, 07:48 AM
so does that mean i was nearly correct, with
"2) no exhaust gas can escape eg exhaust blocked with
concrete etc"

"mechanical fault the ecu can't interigate -- Mr Squeky 2007"