PDA

View Full Version : Hide Hack

mrtruey
14th October, 2009, 11:38 PM
I know I`m a newbie here, and I aint going to start re inventing the wheel, but the forum I`m an admin on uses a `hide hack` which forces readers of the post to make a reply to release the download link.
It`s just a way of giving the uploader a little respect for putting something up for the forum members to download, rather than having it leeched to death.

Just a suggestion, as it works a treat where it`s being used.

Thoughts ?????

Chimaera
15th October, 2009, 08:39 AM
in general where its used m8 it generates tons of rubbish one word replys

we have the thanks button so feel free to use it as it will add your name under the post which is a lot neater, and people that do post can add to the debate if they feel like it.

in general if you hide stuff it generates lots of aggro with people pm admins and mods as to how they get the file,and at the end of the day people dont like to be forced to do something.

thanks for the suggestion

mrtruey
15th October, 2009, 05:37 PM
No worries mate, alls well with me. Like I said, it was just a suggestion, but thanks for the feedback

Devilfish
15th October, 2009, 11:04 PM
Thanks for the suggestion mrtruey.

I know exactly the mod you are talking about...it's commonly used on warez sites. I agree that it generates tons of 'thanks' posts and I think it makes the forum look untidy and lowers its quality.

I've came to terms that there will always be leechers out there, its the members we want to concentrate on. :)